Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield have done it 17:56 - May 29 with 2533 viewsbournemouthblue

huge congratulations - things to learn from Mr Evans

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Huddersfield have done it on 17:57 - May 29 with 2519 viewsJohnhoz

Their loyal fans have season tickets in the Prem next season for £199. Excellent

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Huddersfield have done it on 17:58 - May 29 with 2487 viewsbrogansnose

Really pleased for them and its nice to see their policy pay off.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:02 - May 29 with 2460 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Proof that we're running out of excuses. In a way, I'm really annoyed that they've proved it can be done when we continue to make such a sodding meal of getting out of this league.

But predominantly, I'm over the moon for them. Really like Wagner. Big respect for Hoyle. Can't bloody stand Reading. This was the right climax to the campaign.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:11 - May 29 with 2404 viewspatrickswell

Huddersfield have done it on 18:02 - May 29 by NoCanariesAllowed

Proof that we're running out of excuses. In a way, I'm really annoyed that they've proved it can be done when we continue to make such a sodding meal of getting out of this league.

But predominantly, I'm over the moon for them. Really like Wagner. Big respect for Hoyle. Can't bloody stand Reading. This was the right climax to the campaign.

I'm pleased for them too but like Burnley and Crystal Palace a few years back, they're another side that's seen one decent season in the Championship after years of mediocrity take them into the top flight. Our policy seems to be to hope for that season and when we fell short in our own best season of the last decade, we're being told to accept mediocrity again and like it.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:14 - May 29 with 2378 viewsWarkystache

Huddersfield have done it on 18:11 - May 29 by patrickswell

I'm pleased for them too but like Burnley and Crystal Palace a few years back, they're another side that's seen one decent season in the Championship after years of mediocrity take them into the top flight. Our policy seems to be to hope for that season and when we fell short in our own best season of the last decade, we're being told to accept mediocrity again and like it.

Doesn't have to be like this. One good season, a bit of money....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Huddersfield have done it on 18:14 - May 29 with 2376 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

We'll sit and wait for it for another 15 years. That seems to be our policy. Stick to the status quo and everything might work out eventually.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:14 - May 29 with 2366 viewsnshearman1

Agreed
Huddersfield have done it on 18:19 - May 29 with 2325 viewspatrickswell

Huddersfield have done it on 18:14 - May 29 by Warkystache

Doesn't have to be like this. One good season, a bit of money....

Indeed and we had so much momentum after 2014-15, but between McCarthy's conservatism and Evans's lack of interest, it's evaporated. The club has it all to do again now.

Be interesting to see how it goes for Huddersfield now. They have Wagner for 1 more season now, regardless of whether they stay up or not. It's what happens after that which will determine their future...
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield have done it on 18:22 - May 29 with 2301 viewschicoazul

Well done to them and all that but they will challenge Derby's record next season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huddersfield have done it on 18:23 - May 29 with 2293 viewsbournemouthblue

indeed, we never do it easily where as others can have one season and capitalise on it massively. We do the polar opposite and ultimately it has caught up with us.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Huddersfield have done it on 18:25 - May 29 with 2287 viewsPendejo

Huddersfield have done it on 17:57 - May 29 by Johnhoz

Their loyal fans have season tickets in the Prem next season for £199. Excellent

Incorrect sir!

According R5L earlier season ticket holders since 2008 will be getting them for something like £100 as a reward for their loyalty.

Arrived home from work and switched to R5L just as the pens were about to be taken, so sat and listen. Got goose bumps when Schindler scored. 45 years away from the top division, there will but Huddersfield supporters of my age who will never have seen then in the top division. It is those fans for whom I am most happy for.

Congratulations Huddersfield Town FC... Pride of Yorkshire!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Huddersfield have done it on 18:27 - May 29 with 2267 viewsPendejo

Huddersfield have done it on 18:25 - May 29 by Pendejo

Incorrect sir!

According R5L earlier season ticket holders since 2008 will be getting them for something like £100 as a reward for their loyalty.

Arrived home from work and switched to R5L just as the pens were about to be taken, so sat and listen. Got goose bumps when Schindler scored. 45 years away from the top division, there will but Huddersfield supporters of my age who will never have seen then in the top division. It is those fans for whom I am most happy for.

Congratulations Huddersfield Town FC... Pride of Yorkshire!

see
http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-201718-season-ca

Dean Hoyle previously made a ‘Personal Premiership Pledge’ that any fans who held a season ticket continuously from the centenary season of 2008-09 to the day of promotion they would be rewarded with a £100 season card, provided he was still in charge at the club.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Huddersfield have done it on 18:47 - May 29 with 2205 viewstractorboy1978

Huddersfield have done it on 18:22 - May 29 by chicoazul

Well done to them and all that but they will challenge Derby's record next season.

Disagree. I think Wagner will be able to get hold of and persuade some very decent players there.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:54 - May 29 with 2172 viewstractorboy1978

Huddersfield is no fluke though is it? (appreciate you haven't said that). This season has come off the back of having a vision. The owner wanted better football, to get the stadium full and ultimately saw that trying something different was the only way of getting promoted without spunking the volumes of cash a lot of others are. He appointed Wagner, appointed Webber as DOF, made sensible money available to spend and reduced prices to get the fans engaged and here we are. That it worked so quickly is perhaps fortunate but he's created a blueprint that had Wagner left could have been developed by a similarly minded coach.
Huddersfield have done it on 18:56 - May 29 with 2163 viewsjpring89

Both teams recently having new managers both teams having a change in style of play and both teams making the play off final.

Be careful what you wish for ....

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Huddersfield have done it on 18:59 - May 29 with 2139 viewsblueblood66

he doesnt care.
Huddersfield have done it on 19:10 - May 29 with 2100 viewspatrickswell

Huddersfield have done it on 18:54 - May 29 by tractorboy1978

Huddersfield is no fluke though is it? (appreciate you haven't said that). This season has come off the back of having a vision. The owner wanted better football, to get the stadium full and ultimately saw that trying something different was the only way of getting promoted without spunking the volumes of cash a lot of others are. He appointed Wagner, appointed Webber as DOF, made sensible money available to spend and reduced prices to get the fans engaged and here we are. That it worked so quickly is perhaps fortunate but he's created a blueprint that had Wagner left could have been developed by a similarly minded coach.

Well, we will have to keep our fingers crossed for the Five Point Plan, I suppose...
Huddersfield have done it on 19:14 - May 29 with 2080 viewsEly_Blue

Huddersfield have done it on 18:54 - May 29 by tractorboy1978

Apparently all on a budget the same as Rotherham!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Huddersfield have done it on 19:19 - May 29 with 2063 viewsBlueBadger

Huddersfield have done it on 18:22 - May 29 by chicoazul

They're going to spend zillions and do nothing?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Huddersfield have done it on 21:03 - May 29 with 1941 viewschristiand

Huddersfield have done it on 18:02 - May 29 by NoCanariesAllowed

Huddersfield Town had to go through a cultural change, do we really see it happening at Ipswich Town? Simple answer....No!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024