Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Huddersfield Formula 18:57 - May 29 with 4057 viewsxrayspecs

Really interesting article about Huddersfield and what Wagner and Stewart Webber have brought to the club. Webber has since moved on to Norwich where he appears to be looking to replicate the approach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/16/huddersfield-towns-transformation
The Huddersfield Formula on 19:05 - May 29 with 4019 viewsDennyx4

I wonder if Webber regrets that move now?

Three key loanees from top premier teams have assisted immensely - be interesting to see if they buy them for next season.

Really pleased for Huddersfield, enjoyed my away trip there, very friendly supporters.
The Huddersfield Formula on 23:47 - May 29 with 3858 viewsxrayspecs

The Huddersfield Formula on 19:05 - May 29 by Dennyx4

Three key loanees from top premier teams have assisted immensely - be interesting to see if they buy them for next season.

Really pleased for Huddersfield, enjoyed my away trip there, very friendly supporters.

No chance of signing them permanently, but on loan quite possible.

Is a model Town have also attempted. A platform for other clubs up and coming players - Williams, Fraser, Lawrence have worked well, Grant from Everton less so.
The Huddersfield Formula on 00:03 - May 30 with 3828 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only 1 goal in their 330 minutes of play off matches. Dullest POs ever, although the penalty shootouts were good watching.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Huddersfield Formula on 08:41 - May 30 with 3698 viewsyorkshireblue

One thing that Huddersfield do, which is apparently common in Germany but not over here - but makes so much sense - the main training session of the day is at the same time of KO of the next match. So it'll be 3pm, 5:15pm, 7:45pm whatever.

Wagner said it was a huge cultural shift as British players are used to training from 10am onwards, but by training at the relevant time it helps prepare the body.
The Huddersfield Formula on 09:57 - May 30 with 3624 viewsBent_double

This happens at the end of every season, doesn't it? People look at the team/teams promoted and ask how they did it/how can we replicate it, Huddersfield this season, Watford with their ingenious 'loan' system a few seasons back.

So 20-odd teams next season will be either trying to go down the Huddersfield route, or maybe the Newcastle 'buy up all the experienced Championship players' route, whilst we will just plod along, hopefully avoiding relegation - and if we're really lucky, getting a draw or two against Noj.

Who knows, maybe next season we'll be the surprise team who gets promoted on a budget of zero and sticking with an old established manager.....you never know!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The Huddersfield Formula on 10:08 - May 30 with 3609 viewsDoobDude

The Huddersfield Formula on 09:57 - May 30 by Bent_double

This happens at the end of every season, doesn't it? People look at the team/teams promoted and ask how they did it/how can we replicate it, Huddersfield this season, Watford with their ingenious 'loan' system a few seasons back.

So 20-odd teams next season will be either trying to go down the Huddersfield route, or maybe the Newcastle 'buy up all the experienced Championship players' route, whilst we will just plod along, hopefully avoiding relegation - and if we're really lucky, getting a draw or two against Noj.

Who knows, maybe next season we'll be the surprise team who gets promoted on a budget of zero and sticking with an old established manager.....you never know!

Some of us were talking about Huddersfield at the start of the season.
And as mentioned in another thread, Huddersfield have a smaller wage bill than us.

I'm pretty sure no other team will try and follow a formula of hitting the ball long and playing in a ground more than half empty ... unless they want to be relegated.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

The Huddersfield Formula on 10:20 - May 30 with 3592 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Huddersfield Formula on 09:57 - May 30 by Bent_double

Yep, this

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Huddersfield Formula on 10:53 - May 30 with 3557 viewschristiand

The main thing for me that resonates from the article is the need for the club to have a cultural change. Can we see that happening at Ipswich Town?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

The Huddersfield Formula on 14:12 - May 30 with 3458 viewsBluespeed225

The Huddersfield Formula on 08:41 - May 30 by yorkshireblue

One thing that Huddersfield do, which is apparently common in Germany but not over here - but makes so much sense - the main training session of the day is at the same time of KO of the next match. So it'll be 3pm, 5:15pm, 7:45pm whatever.

Wagner said it was a huge cultural shift as British players are used to training from 10am onwards, but by training at the relevant time it helps prepare the body.

I maybe wrong, but I'm sure Roy Keane actually did that with us! Makes sense, sleep patterns etc, used to keep em' out of the bookies, but now you can gamble 24/7!
The Huddersfield Formula on 15:01 - May 30 with 3421 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Huddersfield Formula on 10:53 - May 30 by christiand

The main thing for me that resonates from the article is the need for the club to have a cultural change. Can we see that happening at Ipswich Town?

I can see it now:

"Culture? What the fook is culture? We're Yorkshire, none of that sh*te.

Now then, 'appen.

Poot kettle on our Terry and let's 'ave a Bru, I mean brew."

Er, no can't see it happening. ME seems quite happy to let Mick keep us trundling along comfortably avoiding relegation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Huddersfield Formula on 16:10 - May 30 with 3382 viewsJimmyJazz

The Huddersfield Formula on 19:05 - May 29 by Dennyx4

I would say their key loanees were Ward, Mooy, Kachunga, Brown and Palmer. Brown seemed to replace Palmer when he was injured, so you could say it's 4. If you look at their squad it's paper thin with little decent backup to the first XI. They have their work cut out, but hats off to them all the same.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The Huddersfield Formula on 16:18 - May 30 with 3367 viewshoppy

The Huddersfield Formula on 00:03 - May 30 by Swansea_Blue

Only 1 goal in their 330 minutes of play off matches. Dullest POs ever, although the penalty shootouts were good watching.

They didn't even score that one themselves either.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Huddersfield Formula on 16:40 - May 30 with 3347 viewsrosseden

The Huddersfield Formula on 14:12 - May 30 by Bluespeed225

I maybe wrong, but I'm sure Roy Keane actually did that with us! Makes sense, sleep patterns etc, used to keep em' out of the bookies, but now you can gamble 24/7!

yes, keane said he used to do this. I mean, maybe thats what we need. Roy keane back, he did a preseason training camp too. We'd have to play in red though, that cant be all bad can it?

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

The Huddersfield Formula on 17:18 - May 30 with 3323 viewsPhilTWTD

The Huddersfield Formula on 14:12 - May 30 by Bluespeed225

It was Jim Magilton that did that here, not Roy. Least I don't recall him doing that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024