Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another football began in 1992 annoyance 19:10 - May 29 with 1726 viewsGeoffSentence

Saw this head line earlier

"HUDDERSFIELD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE FOR THE 1st TIME EVER"

It's almost like winning the top flight 3 times, being runner up 3 times and finishing 3rd 3 times is nothing because it all happened before 1992

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 19:24 - May 29 with 1677 viewsTractorWood

I agree on the 92 point but equally they won division 1 3 times, over 90 years ago. There is probably half a dozen people still alive who were at games during that era.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 19:29 - May 29 with 1639 viewsSitfcB

But they have been promoted to the 'Premier League' for the first time ever....

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 19:58 - May 29 with 1537 viewsmonytowbray

[Post edited 29 May 2017 19:59]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 20:11 - May 29 with 1478 viewsmonty_radio

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 19:24 - May 29 by TractorWood

I agree on the 92 point but equally they won division 1 3 times, over 90 years ago. There is probably half a dozen people still alive who were at games during that era.

Don't get this. We talk about "history". All achievement immediately recedes in the past and is stockpiled as history. All glory is past, but if celebrated remains to some extent alive.
No-one under 75 remembers the war, including me, but I'm undilutedly glad we won it.

I bet Huddersfield fans regularly remind Bradford of their past achievement just as many on here remind the Participants about the Ramsey and Robson era.

Huddersfield are in the record books again, and good luck to them.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 21:15 - May 29 with 1381 viewsMJallday

Another football began in 1992 annoyance on 20:11 - May 29 by monty_radio

Don't get this. We talk about "history". All achievement immediately recedes in the past and is stockpiled as history. All glory is past, but if celebrated remains to some extent alive.
No-one under 75 remembers the war, including me, but I'm undilutedly glad we won it.

I bet Huddersfield fans regularly remind Bradford of their past achievement just as many on here remind the Participants about the Ramsey and Robson era.

Huddersfield are in the record books again, and good luck to them.

i expect the 100 or so odd million theyll pocket will probably make it easier on them to forget it.

i hate them instantly, but yet, its all we want.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024