Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Votes on the most used word by TM? 20:31 - May 29 with 5352 viewsbluelagos

Strong or stable?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 03:41 - May 30 with 4733 viewsBinner

"I"

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 03:50 - May 30 with 4728 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

She stopped herself from saying 'Strong and stable' halfway through earlier and changed it to 'Strong... leadership'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 06:54 - May 30 with 4699 viewsSuperfrans

Funnily enough. She didn't use the phrase once. Presumably recognises it has now become such a negative, it's best to not recognise it ever existed.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:03 - May 30 with 4697 viewsbluelagos

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 06:54 - May 30 by Superfrans

Funnily enough. She didn't use the phrase once. Presumably recognises it has now become such a negative, it's best to not recognise it ever existed.

In one 2 minute exchange I counted 3 "strong"s but no "stable"s. Wondering if this is

1. Another u-turn
2. An admission of her failure to deliver stability
3. She's a Twtdr & duly noted that even Glassers is fed up with it, time for a change.
4. She malfunctioned.

on 07:13 - May 30 with 4690 views_

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:15 - May 30 with 4684 viewsBackToRussia

on 07:13 - May 30 by _

She doesn't look very strong to me, she looks more grey and wizened. But we'll only know for sure when the two meet in the ring.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

on 07:22 - May 30 with 4673 views_

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:15 - May 30 by BackToRussia

She doesn't look very strong to me, she looks more grey and wizened. But we'll only know for sure when the two meet in the ring.

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:46 - May 30 with 4662 viewsBackToRussia

on 07:22 - May 30 by _

I didn't watch, I can't look at that woman's face move without getting annoyed. Actually even if it isn't moving.

A clearly hugely arrogant woman.

Every time I think of Theresa May I think about a story I read about her in the Guardian that she was involved in a minor traffic accident which involved another driver so details needed to be exchanged and so on. Instead of treating it like any other person would, she said "I'm Theresa May!" and got back in her car and drove off.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:48]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:47 - May 30 with 4658 viewsSteve_M

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:46 - May 30 by BackToRussia

I didn't watch, I can't look at that woman's face move without getting annoyed. Actually even if it isn't moving.

A clearly hugely arrogant woman.

Every time I think of Theresa May I think about a story I read about her in the Guardian that she was involved in a minor traffic accident which involved another driver so details needed to be exchanged and so on. Instead of treating it like any other person would, she said "I'm Theresa May!" and got back in her car and drove off.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:48]

Maybe watch her hands next time then....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:48 - May 30 with 4653 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 07:22 - May 30 by _

I liked when the policeman asked for a specific number of coppers that would be on the streets but she started with 'As you will know..' and then gave no number at all despite the copper specifically asking for a number and then the interviewer also pressing for a number.

Swerving the question big time

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:51 - May 30 with 4648 viewsBackToRussia

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:47 - May 30 by Steve_M

God, fooking politicians. Cameron had weird hand gestures he thought gave him some authoritas. They must all go to the same PR man.

This sh1t cracked me up the most though.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:53 - May 30 with 4647 viewsbluelagos

She's just appealing to the grey vote.

Subliminal message: Would you rather have me or Corbyn w@nk you off?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:58 - May 30 with 4636 viewsSteve_M

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:51 - May 30 by BackToRussia

God, fooking politicians. Cameron had weird hand gestures he thought gave him some authoritas. They must all go to the same PR man.

As someone pointed out at the time, very reminiscent of Prince George that:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 08:02 - May 30 with 4626 views_

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:48 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I liked when the policeman asked for a specific number of coppers that would be on the streets but she started with 'As you will know..' and then gave no number at all despite the copper specifically asking for a number and then the interviewer also pressing for a number.

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:03 - May 30 with 4623 viewstiptreeblue

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:53 - May 30 by bluelagos

She's just appealing to the grey vote.

Subliminal message: Would you rather have me or Corbyn w@nk you off?

as a tory voter, BUT , not too blinkered to listen to others i thought they both held their ground against Paxman fairly well, both had moments but not as bad as i thought either would do. both dodged answering questions and Corbyn came over better than i thought he would. but to come on here slagging one or the other (or debating as said on another thread) off is just childish
Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:12 - May 30 with 4612 viewsbluelagos

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:03 - May 30 by tiptreeblue

as a tory voter, BUT , not too blinkered to listen to others i thought they both held their ground against Paxman fairly well, both had moments but not as bad as i thought either would do. both dodged answering questions and Corbyn came over better than i thought he would. but to come on here slagging one or the other (or debating as said on another thread) off is just childish

If you're worried by childish posts, you are probably in the wrong place tbh.

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:17 - May 30 with 4596 viewsReuser_is_God

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:48 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Politician in not answering the question shock.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:40 - May 30 with 4555 viewstiptreeblue

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 08:12 - May 30 by bluelagos

If you're worried by childish posts, you are probably in the wrong place tbh.

Fair point
Votes on the most used word by TM? on 10:13 - May 30 with 4516 viewsconnorscontract

"The reward for putting out the bins" as it's known in the May household.
Votes on the most used word by TM? on 10:59 - May 30 with 4485 viewsNo9

Me, Me, Me, Me,
Votes on the most used word by TM? on 12:15 - May 30 with 4469 viewsbluewein

"Utterly" and "brilliant".

We're talking about Timmy Mallet here, right...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 12:50 - May 30 with 4454 viewsDarth_Koont

In private, I expect it's "God, are you still there? Please give me a sign."

Pronouns: He/Him

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 15:01 - May 30 with 4423 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:51 - May 30 by BackToRussia

Looks like the character select screen on a sh1t version of Mortal Kombat
Votes on the most used word by TM? on 17:03 - May 30 with 4397 viewsSuperfrans

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 07:03 - May 30 by bluelagos

In one 2 minute exchange I counted 3 "strong"s but no "stable"s. Wondering if this is

1. Another u-turn
2. An admission of her failure to deliver stability
3. She's a Twtdr & duly noted that even Glassers is fed up with it, time for a change.
4. She malfunctioned.

I feel a little sorry for her. She's like a supply teacher who has suddenly found herself as headmistress of an entire school and with no idea how to lead it.

The Tory plan is clearly to follow the tactics that helped win Brexit and Trump in the US - forget facts, focus on emotional phrases and broad sentiment - but May either doesn't seem to get it or doesn't buy into it. Either way, she's not at all comfortable with it. I keep worrying she's just going to break into floods of tears....

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Votes on the most used word by TM? on 17:11 - May 30 with 4390 viewsHARRY10

That would have been her 'advisors' not her, hence the times politicians get such things as this wrong. They are following advice.

The danger here is that the election is being set up as some X Factor head to head, with it being about two 'personalities' rather than parties or their intentions.

There is also a considerable misunderstanding as to what actual power the PM has. That's why this election has become almost a presidential race, as if whoever becomes PM has absolute power, they don't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024