Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd line of questioning from Paxman 21:05 - May 29 with 6778 viewsDubtractor

Why on earth would the manifesto be all about Corbyn's views alone?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:35 - May 29 with 1142 viewsMelford

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:20 - May 29 by J2BLUE

He answered every question. Paxman tried his best not to let him answer but Corbyn stayed calm and easily swatted him away.

I don't see how anyone can believe Corbyn isn't a damn good candidate.

If the kids all go Corbyn it's game on
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-lead-conservatives-theresa-
That's a few million yoing voters that have been politically awakened that nobody factored into the opinion polls. Even stuff like grime4corbyn. All the young MCs love what he's saying
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/17/grime4corbyn-why-british-mcs-ar
He's got the ear of the kids because he's the polar opposite of Donald Trump completely i every way. He's no rich man preachig.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:35 - May 29 with 1141 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:33 - May 29 by J2BLUE

His answer was perfectly acceptable IMO. Based on the question the target could have been anywhere. Anyone authorising a drone strike without asking about innocent lives which may be lost is not someone I want leading us.

I think you've said your vote is worthless for the Lib Dems? If so, join us. Don't be a Tory spoiler.

It's even more worthless for Labour where i live. They'll finish a distant third.

It's not voting for the winning team, but what you believe in
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:36 - May 29 with 1129 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:34 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I don't think I have ever argued otherwise? I think we were on the same side about his personal views.

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, just a comment in general
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:37 - May 29 with 1124 viewsHARRY10

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:28 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

I think May will perform far worse than Corbyn under interrogation from Paxman.

She also has a record in government to defend which he doesn't.

"Audience laughing in PMs face is never a good look"

Harry Cole (Sun)

oh dear
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:37 - May 29 with 1120 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:36 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, just a comment in general

Fair enough. Based on Farron's refusal to answer the question he clearly thinks gay sex is wrong. It's not an issue though as he doesn't try to force that on everyone else.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:38 - May 29 with 1124 viewsfactual_blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:30 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I was impressed too

The only thing he really struggled with was whether he would support the shooting dead of an known terrorist in an active situation
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:31]

I would hope anybody would struggle with that. If they don't, then they can't be on the side of the angels. They don't hold to the basic values of enlightened decency we all purport to stand for.

If you have no qualms about somebody being shot in cold blood, part of you is dead inside.

That isn't to say the shooting would be wrong, circumstances are everything.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:41 - May 29 with 1094 viewsArcher4721

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:37 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. Based on Farron's refusal to answer the question he clearly thinks gay sex is wrong. It's not an issue though as he doesn't try to force that on everyone else.

Be interesting to see if Paxman tackles those issues with May as she clearly struggles with them too.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:42 - May 29 with 1088 viewsHARRY10

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:38 - May 29 by factual_blue

I would hope anybody would struggle with that. If they don't, then they can't be on the side of the angels. They don't hold to the basic values of enlightened decency we all purport to stand for.

If you have no qualms about somebody being shot in cold blood, part of you is dead inside.

Never mind, the Tories cannot always keep the mask up

"A Conservative candidate for the seat formerly held by the murdered MP Jo Cox has apologised and blamed fatigue for telling a hustings: “We’ve not yet shot anybody so that’s wonderful.”"
Login to get fewer ads

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:43 - May 29 with 1089 viewsjaykay

i never saw it,but did Paxman try the trick he did on Miliband. asking if he was alright,
supposably off air , knowing the mike was still on. as if to show he had got to miliband

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 with 1066 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:38 - May 29 by factual_blue

I agree, but it's not something you have time to debate and build a consensus on. It seemed he wanted an opinion formed by committee, when he needs to take the final call. And quickly
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 with 1051 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:20 - May 29 by J2BLUE

He answered every question. Paxman tried his best not to let him answer but Corbyn stayed calm and easily swatted him away.

I don't see how anyone can believe Corbyn isn't a damn good candidate.

Now May is refusing to answer his question. But I'll point that out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:46 - May 29 with 1046 viewsSwansea_Blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Watch it back. He didn't answer any of the first three questions. Too busy watching May to go over them but they'll be a transcript later that I'll link.

One was is it morally right to renew Trident. He was asked that four times and refused to answer.

He did however answer it implicitly when he said he was in favour of a nuclear free world; so its fairly obvious that he thinks it's immoral. And he clarified how the decision to include renewal came to be in the manifesto via a conference vote. So I think we all know the answer and how Corbyn is managing his own views on it.

Paxman hasn't started well with May either. God he's annoying and petty.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:46 - May 29 with 1045 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:34 - May 29 by bluelagos

Thought Paxo's questioning on the Queen was a wasted couple of minutes. Complete irrelevance given its not a commitment.

Agreed

I did like Corbyns response though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:46 - May 29 with 1043 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:41 - May 29 by Archer4721

Be interesting to see if Paxman tackles those issues with May as she clearly struggles with them too.

I think May has bigger issues to answer than that. NHS, Brexit, Education etc

It would be a waste of a question, like the Monarchy one was with Corbyn
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:46 - May 29 with 1045 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I agree, but it's not something you have time to debate and build a consensus on. It seemed he wanted an opinion formed by committee, when he needs to take the final call. And quickly

I didn't get that at all. He just wants to be fully briefed. They said he'd have 20 minutes. He could get a lot of info in 15 and still authorise it in plenty of time.

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:47 - May 29 with 1043 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:37 - May 29 by HARRY10

"Audience laughing in PMs face is never a good look"

Harry Cole (Sun)

oh dear

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:48 - May 29 with 1028 viewschristiand

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Thought she did well to give her viewpoint on Brexit and what she feels is right now in moving forward.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:49 - May 29 with 1023 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Which question?

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:49 - May 29 with 1019 viewsfactual_blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:42 - May 29 by HARRY10

"A Conservative candidate for the seat formerly held by the murdered MP Jo Cox has apologised and blamed fatigue for telling a hustings: “We’ve not yet shot anybody so that’s wonderful.”"

And of course farage commented after the referendum that the British people had vote leave 'without a shot being fired.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:51 - May 29 with 1009 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:42 - May 29 by HARRY10

What mask is that Harry? If it's aimed at me your rather wide of the mark.

It is appalling and she should be deselected

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/29/tory-candidate-for-jo-cox-seat-
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:51 - May 29 with 1006 viewsHARRY10

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not sure who Corbyn would call, or why.

But you do seem to be a bit confused on the role and power of the PM, just as Trump has now discovered in the US.

An awful lot of decisions (as that what they are) are taken in consultation - not as some ruler sat on a throne issuing dictats.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:52 - May 29 with 984 viewsRyorry

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:07 - May 29 by christiand

Paxman needs to let the man talk instead of constantly interrupting him. Paxman coming across as a complete bellend.....we're not watching this to listen to you!

He's coming across as more Kyle than Paxman!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:54 - May 29 with 967 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:51 - May 29 by HARRY10

I'm not sure who Corbyn would call, or why.

But you do seem to be a bit confused on the role and power of the PM, just as Trump has now discovered in the US.

An awful lot of decisions (as that what they are) are taken in consultation - not as some ruler sat on a throne issuing dictats.

I'm not confused at all. The decision will ultimately rest with Corbyn or May.

In reality, the decision in a live situation would be made quite a way in advance of course.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:54 - May 29 with 968 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:49 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Which question?

Whether she's changed her mind over Brexit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:55 - May 29 with 941 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:54 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Whether she's changed her mind over Brexit.

Again, I don't think we'd have gained anything if she said yes. She gave enough info for us to get the picture. The fact she didn't say yes is meaningless IMO.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024