Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd line of questioning from Paxman 21:05 - May 29 with 6772 viewsDubtractor

Why on earth would the manifesto be all about Corbyn's views alone?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:56 - May 29 with 1601 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:55 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Again, I don't think we'd have gained anything if she said yes. She gave enough info for us to get the picture. The fact she didn't say yes is meaningless IMO.

She still refused to answer the question.

I thought you were all for honest politics?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:57 - May 29 with 1606 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I can feel myself drifting over towards Corbyn every day

After originally saying I could never vote for him 2 months ago.

Open mindedness is the best way

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 with 1588 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:56 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

She still refused to answer the question.

I thought you were all for honest politics?

I'm not for meaningless soundbites. We get the picture. There's no double standards from me. I think your criticism of both of them is pointless pedantry. We got the info.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 with 1582 viewsfactual_blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:45 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I agree, but it's not something you have time to debate and build a consensus on. It seemed he wanted an opinion formed by committee, when he needs to take the final call. And quickly

And the advice and analysis that would be available in the real world would give that context.

And the question is pointless in that in a live situation, the call is that of the officers involved in accordance with their rules of engagement.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 with 1580 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:57 - May 29 by The_Romford_Blue

It is indeed.

Study independent analysis of the policies/manifestos and make your decision and don't be swayed by social media 'tribes'

Too many people treating this like picking a side in a football match, wanting to be on the winning side
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 with 1563 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 by factual_blue

And the advice and analysis that would be available in the real world would give that context.

And the question is pointless in that in a live situation, the call is that of the officers involved in accordance with their rules of engagement.

Yep, exactly what I went on to clarify in my later post above.

Anyway, with Boris my boss, what could go wrong... :)
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 with 1561 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I'm not for meaningless soundbites. We get the picture. There's no double standards from me. I think your criticism of both of them is pointless pedantry. We got the info.

Anyway, she turned that around at the end and got the audieden inside with the No deal is better than a bad deal.

The Tories need to get the election back into Brexit.

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 with 1558 viewsArcher4721

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:41 - May 29 by Archer4721

Be interesting to see if Paxman tackles those issues with May as she clearly struggles with them too.

Yep as I thought. No questioning on her past views and voting like he did with Corbyn.
Login to get fewer ads

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:01 - May 29 with 1549 viewsWD19

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:57 - May 29 by The_Romford_Blue

The only person you are voting for is your local constituency MP. Tell me about the candidates.....
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:02 - May 29 with 1537 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:59 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

It is indeed.

Study independent analysis of the policies/manifestos and make your decision and don't be swayed by social media 'tribes'

Too many people treating this like picking a side in a football match, wanting to be on the winning side

I don't think there is such a thing as winning side

It's a democratic vote. Well asides from the fact it's not proportional representation of course.

I looked at that website you linked me this morning btw. Some good info - cheers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:03 - May 29 with 1526 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 by Archer4721

Yep as I thought. No questioning on her past views and voting like he did with Corbyn.

Well this is unexpected....

The orange racist endorses Corbyn
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:04 - May 29 with 1517 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:01 - May 29 by WD19

The only person you are voting for is your local constituency MP. Tell me about the candidates.....

It is, but as i said to Harry the majority of people have very little idea of their local candidate. They pick the policies of the party.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:04 - May 29 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 by Archer4721

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:06 - May 29 with 1499 viewsHARRY10

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:00 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Anyway, she turned that around at the end and got the audieden inside with the No deal is better than a bad deal.

The Tories need to get the election back into Brexit.

Why, are they not sure of their manifesto ?

This election will decide how the country is run over the next five years. And it should be about that.

About cuts to schools, the police the NHS, local councils. About whether we should waste money on divisive education, waste time on fox hunting debates. Or are your lot running too scare to stand on your own platform, your own record ?

Hiding away, as May has been ?
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:06 - May 29 with 1496 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:04 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

I'd say this was madness

on 22:07 - May 29 with 1489 views_

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:10 - May 29 with 1463 viewsDubtractor

on 22:07 - May 29 by _

Yep.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:11 - May 29 with 1447 viewsArcher4721

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:03 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Well this is unexpected....

The orange racist endorses Corbyn

Robert Peston
@Peston

I think everyone, including me, under-estimated seductive power of @jeremycorbyn's astonishing good humour, even when Paxman thumping him

Even Dan Hodges has tweeted about Corbyn giving a strong performance.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:16 - May 29 with 1413 viewsClapham_Junction

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:30 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I was impressed too

The only thing he really struggled with was whether he would support the shooting dead of an known terrorist in an active situation
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:31]

It would be a real shame if they ended up losing the election because certain MPs refused to serve in the shadow cabinet.

If Labour somehow won the election, I wonder whether many of them would come back.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:20 - May 29 with 1389 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:11 - May 29 by Archer4721

Robert Peston
@Peston

I think everyone, including me, under-estimated seductive power of @jeremycorbyn's astonishing good humour, even when Paxman thumping him

I said above i was impressed. If the election was a Presidential type, he'd stand a better chance of winning.

His surrounding party pull him down imo, especially as some he has alienated are clearly better qualified for the job in hand than his 'picks' for the Shadow Cabinet
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:21 - May 29 with 1377 viewsfactual_blue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:04 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

It is, but as i said to Harry the majority of people have very little idea of their local candidate. They pick the policies of the party.

Our local MP is of course best remembered for this, his 2015 election leaflet.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:28 - May 29 with 1352 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:21 - May 29 by factual_blue

Our local MP is of course best remembered for this, his 2015 election leaflet.

That sums up his approach in my short time at BIS... :)
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 23:05 - May 29 with 1290 viewsLankHenners

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 22:11 - May 29 by Archer4721

Robert Peston
@Peston

Hodges then did blame the reaction to May on the audience being biased.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 23:07 - May 29 with 1281 views_

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 23:05 - May 29 by LankHenners

Hodges then did blame the reaction to May on the audience being biased.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 23:10 - May 29 with 1264 viewsLankHenners

on 23:07 - May 29 by _

One of my new found favourite types of people online is right wing folks, who have previously had a go at people for labeling all 'leave' voters "stupid", labeling anyone vaguely left-leaning a "communist" or a "terrorist sympathiser".

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024