Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gallbladder removal update 22:33 - May 29 with 1820 viewsMJallday

for those who may be vaguely interested/nosy gits :)

so i had the surgery to remove it all last week. stayed in hospital overnight. mainly because it took 4 hours not 20 minutes (my liver was "in the way" so they had to make extra holes to move it). amazing what thye can do with surgery now - but it was getting late so i was destined for an overnight stay.
nurses were all very nice - and i was let out friday.

stupidly, i decided to do an all nighter (working remotely) to support my team when they were doing some network work the following day. i shouldnt have done it but i was still numb from the drugs and i couldnt sleep anyway. mrs mj was less than happy

had a relaxing weekend and then eased myself into last week. by tuesday i realised i hadnt eaten - so i scoffed a peice of toast. that was about all i could manage.

by wednesday, id had 1 more peice of toast, so decied to go for a 10 minute walk - where i prompty collapsed and ended up in a + e. apparently "i over did it" - so i thought id probably better stop at this point and heed the advice, so i set myself up for a weekend of FA cup, play off final and xbox

then the diarrhea hit.

yes. they neglected to mention that bit. but apparent "its common" - that lasted from friday until sunday - presumably because there was nothing else left to fall out of my bottom except 2 peices of toast.

anyway yesterday, i got a craving for a pizza , so i ordered a domino's and scoffed the lot.

normal service resumed. just been down the pub to check alcohol still works - i can confirm it does. so definately normal service resumed

2 weeks till twtd bbq. :) see you all there.

mj

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

gallbladder removal update on 22:35 - May 29 with 1797 viewsfactual_blue

So YOU'RE to blame for the BA IT failure then?

Glad you've pulled through.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

gallbladder removal update on 22:36 - May 29 with 1793 viewsElderGrizzly

Glad you're on the mend. I had mine out a few years ago too and yeah, the body takes a while to get used to the continuous 'leak' of bile into the stomach apparently.

It all does calm down and I was back to normal 10 days later. I did have 2 hernias fixed in the same op though too!
gallbladder removal update on 22:37 - May 29 with 1788 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nice one

I asked on the other thread how you were which must've been as you were typing this.

The all nighter bit was a little silly i have to say.

Good to hear you are up and running

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

gallbladder removal update on 22:39 - May 29 with 1789 viewsMJallday

gallbladder removal update on 22:35 - May 29 by factual_blue

So YOU'RE to blame for the BA IT failure then?

Glad you've pulled through.

i have been told (in confidence) but on very good authority exactly what happened there.

shocking is not the word. someone will loose their job over it.

it literally is as simple is as "not having a plan b"

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

gallbladder removal update on 22:41 - May 29 with 1777 viewsMJallday

gallbladder removal update on 22:37 - May 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Nice one

I asked on the other thread how you were which must've been as you were typing this.

The all nighter bit was a little silly i have to say.

Good to hear you are up and running

yeah it was - problem is we'd still be in deep poo if i hadnt have done what i did. even the hardware manufacturers couldnt help at that point.

theyll miss me when i hand my notice in. probably

gallbladder removal update on 23:15 - May 29 with 1740 viewsStNeotsBlue

I did warn you that your arse would go rogue. My friend who had that procedure was warned he wouldn't be able to fart with confidence for a while.
gallbladder removal update on 07:22 - May 30 with 1595 viewsSteve_M

Good, glad it's all improving.

As you've realised now, one shouldn't expect full strength back after surgery instantly. It took long enough with my ankle. I just found that as I got stronger I spent more time at work - which probably didn't help in the medium-term.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

gallbladder removal update on 08:08 - May 30 with 1547 viewsBluebell

Although it is keyhole surgery now (mine was a full operation with a long scar to show for it) you do still have to take care and not overdo it.

I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Listen to your wife in future. We females know a lot more than you men.
Login to get fewer ads

gallbladder removal update on 12:14 - May 30 with 1470 viewsMJallday

gallbladder removal update on 23:15 - May 29 by StNeotsBlue

I did warn you that your arse would go rogue. My friend who had that procedure was warned he wouldn't be able to fart with confidence for a while.

you did indeed call it :) - the house has been on brown alert for just over a week - although things are getting a little better. my diet is not helping the situation though.

on the plus side i will be able to drive soon enough

gallbladder removal update on 12:16 - May 30 with 1467 viewsMJallday

gallbladder removal update on 08:08 - May 30 by Bluebell

Although it is keyhole surgery now (mine was a full operation with a long scar to show for it) you do still have to take care and not overdo it.

I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Listen to your wife in future. We females know a lot more than you men.

ouch - i must admit that was the first question i asked when i came round, so relieved it wasnt full open.

i think ill just agree on the women being right front (on this one anyway) :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024