Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When i look at Huddersfield Town. 05:11 - May 30 with 3509 viewsBenters

It makes me realise as a club just how far we have fallen.

I just dont mean in the league table either,more the togetherness as a club those fans have compared to ours.

Not only that you can see that Dean Hoyle bloody loves the club,compare that to our owner who only puts in just enough to keep the club going,and there you have the problem.

Huddersfield Town have ambition by the bucket load,sadly Ipswich Town are just happy survivng in the lower reaches of the Championship.

Sad times.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 5:15]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 05:33 - May 30 with 2952 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We had the same togetherness in the playoff season

It's when they stop winning that they will become like us with fans turning on the manager, players, owner, board and each other.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 05:45 - May 30 with 2940 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 05:33 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

It's when they stop winning that they will become like us with fans turning on the manager, players, owner, board and each other.

We did and that was a surprise season and happy times.

A bit more ambition from Saint Marcus and we might have gone up.

Sadly its all moved on and we have gone backwards.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 5:48]

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:27 - May 30 with 2870 viewsTLA

It would be great to have an owner like Hoyle. Hasn't he offered long term fans season tickets for £100 - that's 19 premier league games for the price walk up fans pay for three games at PR.

I kept hearing how good it would be for a 'small club' like Huddersfield to be joining the elite. They've won the league 3 times, an FA cup and have a decent sized ground - it's weird how people currently would see Norwich as bigger than Huddersfield.
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:31 - May 30 with 2857 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:27 - May 30 by TLA

It would be great to have an owner like Hoyle. Hasn't he offered long term fans season tickets for £100 - that's 19 premier league games for the price walk up fans pay for three games at PR.

I kept hearing how good it would be for a 'small club' like Huddersfield to be joining the elite. They've won the league 3 times, an FA cup and have a decent sized ground - it's weird how people currently would see Norwich as bigger than Huddersfield.

He has and like you say it would be great !

The emotions he was going through yesterday,i said to my good lady he looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:45 - May 30 with 2834 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:31 - May 30 by Benters

The emotions he was going through yesterday,i said to my good lady he looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

The stuff he was saying about how he felt sorry for reading and all that afterwards was a classy gesture too i thought

He came across well

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:50 - May 30 with 2818 viewsTLA

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:45 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

The stuff he was saying about how he felt sorry for reading and all that afterwards was a classy gesture too i thought

He came across well

He seems like a good guy.

Some of the Huddersfield players were pretty classy in how they comforted the Reading players, especially their keeper.

I think their will be a lot of good will for them next season.
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:52 - May 30 with 2812 viewsTLA

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:31 - May 30 by Benters

I guess the pleasure is greater when you go through the pain.

People probably said similar things about Sheepshanks, who oversaw the pain of so many near misses before we had our day in the sun. Playoff finals are wonderful and horrible!
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:55 - May 30 with 2812 viewsJohnhoz

Sadly there are quite a few clubs, of similar size to Town who are now well ahead of us in the premier league

Southampton, Bournemouth, West Brom, Leicester, Stoke, Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Login to get fewer ads

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:10 - May 30 with 2757 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:55 - May 30 by Johnhoz

Sadly there are quite a few clubs, of similar size to Town who are now well ahead of us in the premier league

Southampton, Bournemouth, West Brom, Leicester, Stoke, Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield.

Indeed mate.

Just reading on the back of the East Anglian,Marcus Evans wants MM to buy from the lower leagues and build for the future..

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:14 - May 30 with 2722 viewsJohnhoz

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:10 - May 30 by Benters

Indeed mate.

Just reading on the back of the East Anglian,Marcus Evans wants MM to buy from the lower leagues and build for the future..

Oh, how super.

As long as we have a team full of proper blokes. That's the main thing...................

Edit: This 'build for the future' thing makes me laugh. He's been the owner for 10 years. Surely we are now in the future, if you consider that he took over in 2007.

Sigh...............
[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:17]

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:17 - May 30 with 2716 viewsElderGrizzly

Indeed mate.

Norwich are planning to buy from the German 2nd and 3rd divisions.

Buying from the lower divisions isn't an issue at all as a strategy, if you target the Webster types, not the Kiefer Moore types

Edit: Link to both articles here

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/nine-players-from-league-one-league-two-and-the-nati

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/german-gems-five-potential-norwich-cit

[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:27]
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:18 - May 30 with 2704 viewsTLA

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 06:55 - May 30 by Johnhoz

Several of those teams challenged at the top of the league on a single occasion at a time we were doing it regularly.

They've all found a way to be there in the modern era and we haven't. Neither have Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, Derby etc. Take out the top 6 or 7 of the Premier League and I think the Championship looks more like the old first division I grew up with in the seventies and eighties!
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:19 - May 30 with 2697 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:14 - May 30 by Johnhoz

Oh, how super.

As long as we have a team full of proper blokes. That's the main thing...................

Edit: This 'build for the future' thing makes me laugh. He's been the owner for 10 years. Surely we are now in the future, if you consider that he took over in 2007.

Sigh...............
[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:17]

Back to the future ?

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:20 - May 30 with 2683 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:17 - May 30 by ElderGrizzly

Norwich are planning to buy from the German 2nd and 3rd divisions.

Buying from the lower divisions isn't an issue at all as a strategy, if you target the Webster types, not the Kiefer Moore types

Edit: Link to both articles here

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/nine-players-from-league-one-league-two-and-the-nati

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/german-gems-five-potential-norwich-cit

[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:27]

I agree,and i think with MM at the helm we will have another season of dross served up.

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:22 - May 30 with 2679 viewsJohnhoz

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:19 - May 30 by Benters

Back to the future ?

Shouldn't we all be going to games on hover boards ?

Evans out........................

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:23 - May 30 with 2673 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:22 - May 30 by Johnhoz

Shouldn't we all be going to games on hover boards ?

Evans out........................

Haha !

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:23 - May 30 with 2678 viewsTLA

Indeed mate.

If ME just came out and said that his gamble in the early days didn't work and now, a long term approach was needed, I'd understand.

Paying fees for the best talent in the lower leagues and developing our own players is fine. However, that might need a change in structure where we need to play the same way throughout the club and that might need a change of manager.

Everything about us seems reactive, rather than properly planned.
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:27 - May 30 with 2662 viewsBenters

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:23 - May 30 by TLA

If ME just came out and said that his gamble in the early days didn't work and now, a long term approach was needed, I'd understand.

Paying fees for the best talent in the lower leagues and developing our own players is fine. However, that might need a change in structure where we need to play the same way throughout the club and that might need a change of manager.

Everything about us seems reactive, rather than properly planned.

That last part you are spot on Sir.

Still no news on the season tickets sales or prices for the day trippers !

Gentlybentley

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:36 - May 30 with 2609 viewsTLA

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 07:27 - May 30 by Benters

That last part you are spot on Sir.

Still no news on the season tickets sales or prices for the day trippers !

Honestly Benters, if ME just said 'I can't find a buyer and I can't compete with the money in the league so this is what we'll do…' I'd be OK with it. It just all seems unplanned and like there's no real passion to make things happen.

I'd love it if the day trippers got a price only a bit higher than the season ticket cost per game, in spite of paying for one myself. My experience would be better when not looking at an empty Churchman's stand!
[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:36]
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:06 - May 30 with 2515 viewsbluelagos

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 05:33 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Eh? Didn't we boo off team after a really sh1te performance v Naaridge. Was in March or April iirc.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:25 - May 30 with 2459 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:06 - May 30 by bluelagos

Eh? Didn't we boo off team after a really sh1te performance v Naaridge. Was in March or April iirc.

I didn't have a season ticket that season.

However we played scum at home early in the season.

And only twice did we lose or draw to a team out side the top positions that season - Reading (lost 1-0) and Wigan (drew 0-0) or vice Versa

Got smashed at Middlesbrough on sky but I don't think our fans would've booed them afterwards

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:32 - May 30 with 2429 viewsTLA

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:25 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

And only twice did we lose or draw to a team out side the top positions that season - Reading (lost 1-0) and Wigan (drew 0-0) or vice Versa

Got smashed at Middlesbrough on sky but I don't think our fans would've booed them afterwards

I was one of a few of us (400?) to get to Middlesbrough for a lunchtime kickoff and we actually played well and the fans were great.

We were unlucky not to be in front before Patrick Bamford tore us apart - he was brilliant that day. I did love that season though!
When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:34 - May 30 with 2418 viewsbluelagos

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:25 - May 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Cross wires, am talking about our promotion season.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:37 - May 30 with 2411 viewshype313

They have finished 19th, 17th,16th,19th in the previous seasons.

They have had a freak season if you look at it, and won through the lottery of the play offs.

I bet the fans weren't waxing lyrical about the owner until this season. If they had frequently finished in the top 6 (like we did in the late 90's) then you could say they have had a blueprint for promotion, but look at their recent finishes, they haven't.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:37 - May 30 with 2403 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When i look at Huddersfield Town. on 08:34 - May 30 by bluelagos

Cross wires, am talking about our promotion season.

Oh I see - apologies

I meant three seasons ago

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024