Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caretaker manager.... 07:10 - Mar 20 with 3190 viewsitfcjoe

I think one of the most obvious things as to why Mick won't go before end of year, is that there is no one in the staff capable of stepping up to be a caretaker manager...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Caretaker manager.... on 07:12 - Mar 20 with 2164 viewswkj

If it were to happen-

Klugg would be my guess- and actually I think he might not be a bad candidate for it at all, assuming Terry doesn't stay on (in this hypothetical situation)
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 7:14]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Caretaker manager.... on 07:15 - Mar 20 with 2141 viewsKieran_Knows

Caretaker manager.... on 07:12 - Mar 20 by wkj

If it were to happen-

Klugg would be my guess- and actually I think he might not be a bad candidate for it at all, assuming Terry doesn't stay on (in this hypothetical situation)

TC would follow Mick out the door, no doubt about that.

I presume if we're safe with a game or 2 left, then Klug/Nash may step up for those games. I'm sure 2/3 have said on here before though that Klug wouldn't be interested in the job even if it did become available to him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Caretaker manager.... on 07:18 - Mar 20 with 2121 viewsitfcjoe

Caretaker manager.... on 07:12 - Mar 20 by wkj

If it were to happen-

I doubt Klug would want it, judging from his previous time with the seniors under Jim

Caretaker manager.... on 07:23 - Mar 20 with 2122 viewsSteve_M

Indeed, I had a discussion on Twitter with Olimar and a few others on this point yesterday; were MM to be sacked now we would risk repeating the Wolves relegation of 2012.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/2011-2012/results

McCarthy was sacked after the 5-1 defeat to West Brom, a match in which Wolves were abysmal, but they then picked up four points from thirteen games.

TC probably wouldn't do it again after that even if asked, Klug didn't make any sort of step up under Magilton so unless Milne decides to hit the training pitch there aren't any real options.

I think we do clearly need a change of manager before next season, along with lots of other things we probably won't get, but the best way to ensure we stay up this season is to keep things as they are for now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Caretaker manager.... on 07:30 - Mar 20 with 2055 viewswkj

Caretaker manager.... on 07:23 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

Indeed, I had a discussion on Twitter with Olimar and a few others on this point yesterday; were MM to be sacked now we would risk repeating the Wolves relegation of 2012.

McCarthy was sacked after the 5-1 defeat to West Brom, a match in which Wolves were abysmal, but they then picked up four points from thirteen games.

TC probably wouldn't do it again after that even if asked, Klug didn't make any sort of step up under Magilton so unless Milne decides to hit the training pitch there aren't any real options.

I think we do clearly need a change of manager before next season, along with lots of other things we probably won't get, but the best way to ensure we stay up this season is to keep things as they are for now.

In that case, maybe the Caretaker would have to become the Caretaker Manager

Crybaby

Caretaker manager.... on 07:32 - Mar 20 with 2039 viewsReuser_is_God

Caretaker manager.... on 07:30 - Mar 20 by wkj

In that case, maybe the Caretaker would have to become the Caretaker Manager

Have you not seen that state of the place? Town clearly do not have a caretaker.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Caretaker manager.... on 07:33 - Mar 20 with 2031 viewswkj

Caretaker manager.... on 07:32 - Mar 20 by Reuser_is_God

Have you not seen that state of the place? Town clearly do not have a caretaker.

Good point, Maybe someone from the ticket off... oh wait... most of them are gone now too

Crybaby

Caretaker manager.... on 08:29 - Mar 20 with 1887 viewsbluehook

Give it to Milne. He clearly has a footballing brain, and it'd save on the wages.
God knows he seems to do eff all else.
Login to get fewer ads

Caretaker manager.... on 08:34 - Mar 20 with 1862 viewstextbackup

On your last line... what happens if we gain 0, 1 or 2 points from the next two home games? Does that then call for a change no matter what?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Caretaker manager.... on 08:38 - Mar 20 with 1866 viewsPhilTWTD

I was thinking the same re the similarities with MM's Wolves exit if he went now, which he won't. While I'm sure he wouldn't want to do it if the job came up now, Bryan Klug was the caretaker after Jim left but for about a day. I think he was also part of the caretaker 'staff' when John Lyall and George Burley left as well.
Caretaker manager.... on 08:41 - Mar 20 with 1821 viewsHerbivore

Caretaker manager.... on 08:34 - Mar 20 by textbackup

On your last line... what happens if we gain 0, 1 or 2 points from the next two home games? Does that then call for a change no matter what?

No because we'd still have the issue of having nobody capable to replace him. The last thing we need is to panic and throw ourselves into chaos.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Caretaker manager.... on 08:42 - Mar 20 with 1818 viewsSteve_M

I don't know the answer to that one, it's possible that scenario unfolds and would certainly put us firmly in the brown stuff. In all likelihood, the same thing still applies - no-one Evans would bring in in the short-term would be an improvement and the impasse could be worse.

MM certainly needs to be a bit braver in those two, although we started ok against Brentford but got forced back by them being so much better at controlling the way the game was played. Two weeks to get working on a few changes to formation, get everyone refreshed and ready for those two games now.

Caretaker manager.... on 09:00 - Mar 20 with 1753 viewsitfcjoe

Caretaker manager.... on 08:38 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

I was thinking the same re the similarities with MM's Wolves exit if he went now, which he won't. While I'm sure he wouldn't want to do it if the job came up now, Bryan Klug was the caretaker after Jim left but for about a day. I think he was also part of the caretaker 'staff' when John Lyall and George Burley left as well.

Get the John Wark and Paul Goddard joint management dream team back!

Caretaker manager.... on 09:00 - Mar 20 with 1753 viewsSteve_M

Caretaker manager.... on 08:38 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

I suppose John Wark still has those few games in charge with Goddard in 1994 should it come to that....

Caretaker manager.... on 09:01 - Mar 20 with 1745 viewsitfcjoe

Just have to hope that doesn't happen

Caretaker manager.... on 09:07 - Mar 20 with 1710 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Would Dyer step up? Is he still in charge of the under 16s? The last I heard he was also doing his coaching badges and harbors ambitions of managing the Town.

As you say though, there is no one really obvious and probably one of the reasons Evans is not pulling the trigger.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Caretaker manager.... on 09:11 - Mar 20 with 1693 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:07 - Mar 20 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Would Dyer step up? Is he still in charge of the under 16s? The last I heard he was also doing his coaching badges and harbors ambitions of managing the Town.

As you say though, there is no one really obvious and probably one of the reasons Evans is not pulling the trigger.

He said on I'm A Celebrity get me out of here when the campmates asked what dreams and ambitions they still had that he 'wants to be the manager of his team.. ipswich Town'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Caretaker manager.... on 09:12 - Mar 20 with 1675 viewsfactual_blue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:00 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

I suppose John Wark still has those few games in charge with Goddard in 1994 should it come to that....

Let's not forget the way Charlie McParland masterminded our victory over Arsenal in 2011.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Caretaker manager.... on 09:13 - Mar 20 with 1666 viewsSteve_M

Caretaker manager.... on 09:12 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

Let's not forget the way Charlie McParland masterminded our victory over Arsenal in 2011.

And the other match that week.

Caretaker manager.... on 09:15 - Mar 20 with 1650 viewsPinewoodblue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:11 - Mar 20 by The_Romford_Blue

He said on I'm A Celebrity get me out of here when the campmates asked what dreams and ambitions they still had that he 'wants to be the manager of his team.. ipswich Town'

If it were to be an inexperienced coach then the appointment of a Director of Football would be essential. Any suggestions?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Caretaker manager.... on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 1655 viewsPhilTWTD

Caretaker manager.... on 09:07 - Mar 20 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

He's not got a coaching role at the club at the moment, although I know he'd love to be manager one day and I'm sure wouldn't shirk the chance to do it now if the opportunity was offered. However, I think it would be too difficult a job for someone with no senior management to come into at present. Also don't think it'll come up before the end of the season or once safety is confirmed.
Caretaker manager.... on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 1639 viewsfactual_blue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:13 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

And the other match that week.

Have we had a manager since who has better than a 50% win rate, and in matches against Premier League opposition?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Caretaker manager.... on 09:17 - Mar 20 with 1636 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:15 - Mar 20 by Pinewoodblue

If it were to be an inexperienced coach then the appointment of a Director of Football would be essential. Any suggestions?

Rednapp

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Caretaker manager.... on 09:27 - Mar 20 with 1600 viewsPinewoodblue

Caretaker manager.... on 09:17 - Mar 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Rednapp

I hope that was Tongue in cheek.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Caretaker manager.... on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 1589 viewsSwansea_Blue

It would have to be one heck of a caretaker to clean up this mess....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024