Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth 17:33 - Mar 20 with 2516 viewsIllinoisblue

interesting: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/american-billionaire-bids-to-t

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:37 - Mar 20 with 2486 viewsTollycobbold

From Mickey Mouse to Mickey Mouse
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:37 - Mar 20 with 2495 viewsLord_Lucan

That got me thinking.

If ME got seriously fed up he must surely know some people with more money who might be interested in us?

Pretty please.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:38 - Mar 20 with 2476 viewsmonty_radio

Do you think the city council will chuck in the football club for nothing?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:39 - Mar 20 with 2471 viewsBluebell

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:37 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

That got me thinking.

If ME got seriously fed up he must surely know some people with more money who might be interested in us?

Pretty please.

As my old granny used to say.....that could be out of the frying pan into the fire.
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:44 - Mar 20 with 2448 viewsIllinoisblue

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:37 - Mar 20 by Tollycobbold

From Mickey Mouse to Mickey Mouse

I was going to make a mickey mouse/ITFC reference but decided against it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:51 - Mar 20 with 2414 viewsWestSussexBlue

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:37 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

That got me thinking.

Pretty please.

A lot more history and appeal than those Skates surely.
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 2412 viewsfactual_blue

That got me thinking.

Pretty please.

As somebody with business contacts in China, surely you must know a few billionaire Triad 'businessmen' with cash to launder?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 17:54]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 2404 viewsTollycobbold

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:51 - Mar 20 by WestSussexBlue

A lot more history and appeal than those Skates surely.

quick someone buy a bell and give it to Sitters.
Login to get fewer ads

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:54 - Mar 20 with 2398 viewsNo9

All the impoverished English billoinaires are not interested in Englsih football
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:07 - Mar 20 with 2197 viewsSWGF

That got me thinking.

Pretty please.

I have it on very decent authority that a party of potential investors were shown around the club within the last 4-6 weeks. However I would imagine that they were looking at a number of other similar sized and situated clubs. Not sure what would make us a more attractive proposition than any other. Presumably a £80+million debt doesn't help matters.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 2185 viewsLord_Lucan

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:07 - Mar 20 by SWGF

I have it on very decent authority that a party of potential investors were shown around the club within the last 4-6 weeks. However I would imagine that they were looking at a number of other similar sized and situated clubs. Not sure what would make us a more attractive proposition than any other. Presumably a £80+million debt doesn't help matters.

The debt is irrelevant as ME can't pass it on. He walks away with it.

Of course I completely understand that the fact we have a debt in the first place doesn't help.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:10 - Mar 20 with 2175 viewsSuperfrans

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:07 - Mar 20 by SWGF

I do wonder whether that is a more likely option for Evans - selling a significant stake to another potential investor, rather than selling the whole thing. An injection of £30m, for a stake of 45%, with no responsibility to pick up the debt, might be the best option for Evans... ?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:13 - Mar 20 with 2161 viewsLord_Lucan

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 17:53 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

As somebody with business contacts in China, surely you must know a few billionaire Triad 'businessmen' with cash to launder?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 17:54]

Everything is on a different scale these days though isn't it. The richest man I know in China could probably buy it but then find himself bankrupt pretty sharpish.

Millionaires have no place in modern football, they aren't rich enough.

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:15 - Mar 20 with 2148 viewsPJH

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:13 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Everything is on a different scale these days though isn't it. The richest man I know in China could probably buy it but then find himself bankrupt pretty sharpish.

Millionaires have no place in modern football, they aren't rich enough.

You might get your season ticket back though.
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:15 - Mar 20 with 2153 viewsSWGF

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:09 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

The debt is irrelevant as ME can't pass it on. He walks away with it.

Of course I completely understand that the fact we have a debt in the first place doesn't help.

Yeah, I probably didnt word that correctly. Someone is footing the bill for the debt; either Evans writes it off completely or reduces it enough for the club to become more attractive, I presume.

Anyhow, the group were shown around the club and training ground; brought in by the relative of a former ITFC manager.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:19 - Mar 20 with 2123 viewsLord_Lucan

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:15 - Mar 20 by SWGF

Yeah, I probably didnt word that correctly. Someone is footing the bill for the debt; either Evans writes it off completely or reduces it enough for the club to become more attractive, I presume.

Anyhow, the group were shown around the club and training ground; brought in by the relative of a former ITFC manager.

????????

WTF

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:43 - Mar 20 with 2072 viewsBluefish

Their fans stayed to sing for 40 minutes after a defeat. Out lot smile when we let in goals.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:21 - Mar 21 with 1857 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:43 - Mar 20 by Bluefish

Their fans stayed to sing for 40 minutes after a defeat. Out lot smile when we let in goals.

It does annoy me how you think of our fanbase so lowly

We have a few idiots like any other club.

On the whole, our fans (especially away from home) are superb.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:32 - Mar 21 with 1840 viewsBluefish

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:21 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

It does annoy me how you think of our fanbase so lowly

We have a few idiots like any other club.

On the whole, our fans (especially away from home) are superb.

We have fans openly admitting to smiling when we lose and fans practically cheering on relegation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:36 - Mar 21 with 1832 viewsStNeotsBlue

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:32 - Mar 21 by Bluefish

We have fans openly admitting to smiling when we lose and fans practically cheering on relegation

No we don't. We've a load of fans concerned about where we are, I've not seen anyone wishing us down.

I think we'll be ok this year but next year could be a struggle as things stand.
American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:47 - Mar 21 with 1812 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:32 - Mar 21 by Bluefish

RIG said he had a wry smile when Cardiff scored their last two goals. That's very different to being genuinely happy that we conceded

Come on. Nobody has wished us to be relegated that supports Town. We both know that.

Our away fans are some of the best in the league imo. 5th/6th maybe

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 01:58 - Mar 21 with 1798 viewsRyorry

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:10 - Mar 20 by Superfrans

I do wonder whether that is a more likely option for Evans - selling a significant stake to another potential investor, rather than selling the whole thing. An injection of £30m, for a stake of 45%, with no responsibility to pick up the debt, might be the best option for Evans... ?

He could always try his luck in the next series of 'Dragons Den' ....

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 02:04 - Mar 21 with 1793 viewsshamboy

American billionaire v interested in buying Portsmouth on 20:19 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

????????

WTF

Keith Ferguson, perchance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024