Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice 10:27 - May 19 with 2370 viewsElderGrizzly

Hopefully he'll now abide by his promise from last year when he said he's leave when Chelsea Manning was released....
Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 11:35 - May 19 with 2320 viewsLord_Lucan

Isn't he still wanted in The States?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:01 - May 19 with 2285 viewsGeoffSentence

Has he escaped justice by holing himself up in an embassy, or did he hole himself up in an embassy to avoid an injustice?

There always suspicions that the charges were fabricated because wikileaks was causing the US government embarrassement.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:07 - May 19 with 2266 viewsMJallday

she got out 2 days ago

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:09 - May 19 with 2258 viewsMJallday

some interesting points made here

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:10 - May 19 with 2248 viewschicoazul

One of the worst people in the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:13 - May 19 with 2227 viewscaught-in-limbo

Assange hasn't been charged with committing any crime. He is therefore not escaping justice.

Why don't you get up to date with the story?

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/newyork/Stories/Pages/JulianAssangeArbitrarilyDetainedUN
[Post edited 19 May 2017 12:17]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:15 - May 19 with 2219 viewscaught-in-limbo

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:10 - May 19 by chicoazul

That's a bit strong.

There are at least 2 forum posters who are worse than the poster formerly known as MarcusEvansReborn.

#toxic

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:16 - May 19 with 2209 viewscaught-in-limbo

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:09 - May 19 by MJallday

Mainstream news journalists in false news shocker!

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:17 - May 19 with 2211 viewsMJallday

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:10 - May 19 by chicoazul

im struggling a bit with that. i dont think he's particually a pleasant individual by any stretch but to say he's one of the the worst people in the world ? not sure about that one

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:19 - May 19 with 2205 viewslowhouseblue

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:13 - May 19 by caught-in-limbo

Assange hasn't been charged with committing any crime. He is therefore not escaping justice.

Why don't you get up to date with the story?

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/newyork/Stories/Pages/JulianAssangeArbitrarilyDetainedUN
[Post edited 19 May 2017 12:17]

i guess he could have just walked out of the embassy? he could then have contested extradition to sweden through the courts. or is there some reason for the law not to apply to him?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:24 - May 19 with 2189 viewscaught-in-limbo

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:19 - May 19 by lowhouseblue

i guess he could have just walked out of the embassy? he could then have contested extradition to sweden through the courts. or is there some reason for the law not to apply to him?

I'm not sure if you're insulting other people's intelligence here or just demonstrating your own lack of intelligence.

#toxic

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:30 - May 19 with 2168 viewsgiant_stow

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:24 - May 19 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not sure if you're insulting other people's intelligence here or just demonstrating your own lack of intelligence.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:32 - May 19 with 2162 viewslowhouseblue

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:24 - May 19 by caught-in-limbo

why shouldn't due legal process apply to him? don't see how that question insults anyone's intelligence. I assume you must have an explanation as to why he should be above the law?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:38 - May 19 with 2133 viewslowhouseblue

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:01 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

Has he escaped justice by holing himself up in an embassy, or did he hole himself up in an embassy to avoid an injustice?

There always suspicions that the charges were fabricated because wikileaks was causing the US government embarrassement.

the uk and sweden have legal processes including pretty well developed human rights provisions. my faith is in those rather than 'suspicions' on the internet.

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:45 - May 19 with 2112 viewsSteve_M

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:09 - May 19 by MJallday

That's rubbish and fails to appreciate how Swedish law works in cases of sexual assault.

See an article by someone who does know what he's talking about:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/09/legal-mythology-extradition-juli

Sweden can also choose to re-open the case until 2020. I guess if Julian feels completely exonerated he'll be leaving the embassy soon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:45 - May 19 with 2108 viewsfactual_blue

So you joined the FCO to avoid justice, or have I not fully understood?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 13:07 - May 19 with 2071 viewslowhouseblue

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:45 - May 19 by Steve_M

That's rubbish and fails to appreciate how Swedish law works in cases of sexual assault.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/09/legal-mythology-extradition-juli

Sweden can also choose to re-open the case until 2020. I guess if Julian feels completely exonerated he'll be leaving the embassy soon.

that's a very good blog.

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 17:19 - May 19 with 1995 viewsElderGrizzly

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:15 - May 19 by caught-in-limbo

That's a bit strong.

There are at least 2 forum posters who are worse than the poster formerly known as MarcusEvansReborn.

You're one of them M, I guess?

I'm very aware of what he has and hasn't been charged with as it's been a 'special' case for the UK Government, including the FCO for a long time.

As Steve M points out with facts, rather than random internet nonsense, Assange is a essentially a free man. He skipped bail and that needs to be answered, but it can be with no more than a slap on the wrist.

His little "poor me" routine this afternoon was pathetic. His leaks put the lives of innocent people at risk across the world and he needs to answer to that. I'm sure Trump will take it easy on him.
Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 17:21 - May 19 with 1983 viewsElderGrizzly

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:45 - May 19 by Steve_M

Excellent post Steve.

He wants to play the victim to some extent as it pushes his agenda. Otherwise he is just another internet wacko, but one who has put the lives of a considerable number of people at risk through his leaks.

Marina Hyde covers it well here
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/19/julian-assange-wikileaks-e
[Post edited 19 May 2017 17:46]
Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 19:18 - May 19 with 1923 viewsblue_oyster

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 12:32 - May 19 by lowhouseblue

why shouldn't due legal process apply to him? don't see how that question insults anyone's intelligence. I assume you must have an explanation as to why he should be above the law?

Due legal process has applied. Assange has broken no laws.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 19:31 - May 19 with 1902 viewsElderGrizzly

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 19:18 - May 19 by blue_oyster

Due legal process has applied. Assange has broken no laws.

Well he technically has, as he has breached bail.

However that bail was based on a case now dropped by Sweden, so eventually his lawyers and the UK Government will need to unpick all of that. Should be fairly straightforward.

Then he is welcome to walk free and we will let him. And I hope he does, so he can then answer to the other authorities interested in his leaking of hundreds of thousands of classified documents.

He's then on his own of course and i understand Trump & Sessions want a word..
[Post edited 19 May 2017 19:33]
Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 21:39 - May 19 with 1859 viewsblue_oyster

Hole yourself up in an Embassy for years and you too can escape justice on 19:31 - May 19 by ElderGrizzly

Well he technically has, as he has breached bail.

However that bail was based on a case now dropped by Sweden, so eventually his lawyers and the UK Government will need to unpick all of that. Should be fairly straightforward.

Then he is welcome to walk free and we will let him. And I hope he does, so he can then answer to the other authorities interested in his leaking of hundreds of thousands of classified documents.

He's then on his own of course and i understand Trump & Sessions want a word..
[Post edited 19 May 2017 19:33]

That case never existed. It was completely fabricated. The case against him has been for espionage against the US. By the US not deliberately admitting to this, they let the media do the job of letting everyone think he's a rapist for the last 6 or so years. A shambolic example of world powers.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024