On Monday, 20th June 2011
|Magilton Linked With Watford Job Mon 20th Jun 2011 17:30 |
Jim Magilton has become the second former Town manager to be linked with the vacant boss’s job at Watford. Magilton, 42, has been out of work since leaving QPR in December 2009.
|TWTD Questionnaire Deadline Friday Mon 20th Jun 2011 14:00 |
Friday is the deadline for filling in TWTD's annual questionnaire, your chance to look back in judgement on the 2010/11 campaign.
|Jewell: Championship Could Be Even Stronger Mon 20th Jun 2011 13:42 |
Town manager Paul Jewell says the Championship could be even harder during 2011/12 with the likes of Southampton and Brighton having been promoted from League One. The Blues boss expects a very competitive division with plenty of clubs looking to get back into the top flight.
|Keane Selling Suffolk Home Mon 20th Jun 2011 00:06 |
Former Town boss Roy Keane looks to be on his way out of Suffolk having put his house in Woodbridge up for sale for £3.5 million. The Blues sacked the former Manchester United skipper after 20 turbulent months in charge in January.
On Sunday, 20th June 2010
|Smith and New Zealand Grab Famous Draw Sun 20th Jun 2010 17:13 |
Town’s Tommy Smith and New Zealand caused the shock of the World Cup so far by drawing 1-1 with holders Italy in Nelspruit.
|Wright: I Can Still Play at the Top Level Sun 20th Jun 2010 09:40 |
Released keeper Richard Wright says he still has what it takes to play in the Premier League. The 32-year-old is understood to have held talks with West Ham regarding a possible return to Upton Park, while League One Charlton have also been linked.
|Smith and New Zealand Take on Italy Sun 20th Jun 2010 09:35 |
Town defender Tommy Smith and New Zealand play their second World Cup group game against Italy in Nelspruit this afternoon (KO 3pm). The All Whites would pull of one of the tournament’s biggest shocks by grabbing even a draw against the World Cup holders.
On Saturday, 20th June 2009
|Keane Urges Patience on Signings Sat 20th Jun 2009 11:16 |
Boss Roy Keane says he is making progress towards making his planned four summer signings, but with no deals imminent has stressed the importance of remaining patient.
|Clegg: No Signings Imminent Sat 20th Jun 2009 09:34 |
Chief executive Simon Clegg says the Blues are still a little way off making their first signing of the summer, despite the club being linked with innumerable players since he and manager Roy Keane took over at Portman Road in April.
On Friday, 20th June 2008
|Fulham Defender Bocanegra Joins Rennes Fri 20th Jun 2008 14:17 |
Reported Town target Carlos Bocanegra has joined French side Rennes after being released by Fulham. The USA international was mentioned in connection with the Blues, although there was never any confirmation from the club that the 29-year-old was on Jim Magilton's summer short-list.
|Naked Sportscast Now Online Fri 20th Jun 2008 13:48 |
This week's Naked Sportscast, which is now available to download, sees The Vulture and local LTA tennis coach Richard Daynes discuss all things Wimbledon, Rafa Nadal and British number ones. The host also admits an embarrassing habit of running round backhands so he can play them as forehands, something both agreed needed coaching out of him.
|Derbies Switch to Sundays Fri 20th Jun 2008 12:28 |
As expected, Town's derbies with Norwich City have been moved to Sunday lunchtime kick-offs. The Blues now visit Carrow Road on Sunday 7th December with a midday start and the home derby will now be played on Sunday 19th April, again kicking off at midday.
|No Bid for Crewe Striker But Interest - Report Fri 20th Jun 2008 12:13 |
Town have not yet made a bid for Crewe Alexandra striker Nicky Maynard, but are definitely interested in the 20-year-old, according to a report this lunchtime.
|Casement to Sign New Deal Fri 20th Jun 2008 11:53 |
Defender Chris Casement has agreed to sign a new one-year deal with the club. The Blues offered the Northern Irish U21 international the new terms back in February.
|Doncaster Visit on Sky Fri 20th Jun 2008 10:26 |
Town's first ever visit to Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium has been added to Sky's roster of live games. The Blues face Rovers on Saturday 15th November with the match now starting at 5.20pm.
|Town Bid for Crewe Striker Maynard? Fri 20th Jun 2008 08:48 |
Town have made a £1.5 million bid for Crewe Alexandra striker Nicky Maynard, according to one of today's tabloids. The Blues are also keen on re-signing full-back Danny Simpson on loan from Manchester United.
On Wednesday, 20th June 2007
|Miller: I Was Targeted Wed 20th Jun 2007 15:41 |
Central defender Ian Miller has confirmed that a number of other clubs were looking to prise him away from Portman Road this summer, including former loan side Darlington. However, the 23-year-old has put pen to paper on a new one-year deal with the Blues.
|Williams Needs to Work Wed 20th Jun 2007 14:13 |
Boss Jim Magilton says midfielder Gavin Williams has not made the progress hoped for over the summer. The Welshman missed much of last season and rarely trained due to a pelvic problem which saw him undergo surgery.
|Wright Deal Soon Wed 20th Jun 2007 09:40 |
The long-expected deal which will see Richard Wright return to Portman Road is reported to be close to being finalised. Wright has been released by Everton and is said to have sold his house in Cheshire.
|Spurs Closing in on Bent? Wed 20th Jun 2007 09:24 |
Tottenham are said to be closing in on the signing of former Blue Darren Bent from Charlton Athletic, according to various tabloid reports this morning. Depending on which paper you read, Spurs will offer either a straight £14 million or £12 million plus Anthony Gardner.
|Miller Signs Deal Wed 20th Jun 2007 09:13 |
Town have confirmed that defender Ian Miller has signed his new one-year deal with the club. Miller joined the Blues from Bury Town last season and subsequently spent time on loan at Boston United and Darlington.
On Tuesday, 20th June 2006
|Parkin Back Early Tue 20th Jun 2006 14:20 |
Striker Sam Parkin is back at the club ahead of next Monday's start to pre-season determined to get fit for the season ahead. Parkin is one of a number of players already preparing for 2006/07.
|Spencer Buyout Denied Tue 20th Jun 2006 10:56 |
Chief executive Derek Bowden says there is no truth in a Times report this morning claiming that city businessman Michael Spencer is negotiating taking a majority stake in the Blues. Spencer, founder and chief executive of Icap PLC, the world's biggest inter-dealer, is currently one of the club's largest shareholders.
On Monday, 20th June 2005
|Kuqi Offer Withdrawn Mon 20th Jun 2005 13:02 |
The Blues have withdrawn their offer of a new deal to striker Shefki Kuqi. The out-of-contract Finnish international told the club last week that he would not be signing his new two-year deal and Town have ensured that he will be unable to change his mind about leaving Portman Road.
|Forster Talks Confirmed Mon 20th Jun 2005 12:45 |
Joe Royle has confirmed that talks have taken place with striker Nicky Forster. The 31-year-old has turned down a new one-year deal at Reading and looks set to sign for the Blues, possibly as soon as this week.
|Joe: No New Keeper Mon 20th Jun 2005 12:32 |
Boss Joe Royle says he will not be targeting a new goalkeeper to replace Kelvin Davis after all. A new keeper seemed a certain addition to the Town squad over the summer but Royle now seems happy to put his faith in Lewis Price and Shane Supple.
|Town Targeting Parkin Mon 20th Jun 2005 12:08 |
The Blues are in the running for the signature of Swindon Town striker Sam Parkin, according to Brighton chairman Dick Knight. The Albion chief says that his club has little chance of signing Parkin now that Town and Norwich are showing interest in the former Chelsea trainee.
|Collins Out to Make Mark Mon 20th Jun 2005 10:43 |
Young centre-half Aidan Collins is targeting next season as the year he makes his mark at first team level. The 18-year-old made his senior debut at Derby on the final day of the 2002/03 season but injuries and illness have slowed his progress since then.
On Thursday, 20th June 2002
|Brown Offered New Deal Thu 20th Jun 2002 19:16 |
Defender Wayne Brown has been offered a new two-year contract at Portman Road. Brown has hardly featured over the last two years, but Town's drop into the First Division could give him the opportunity to re-establish himself with the club.
|Further Match Moves Thu 20th Jun 2002 18:44 |
The Blues' clash with Wolves, originally scheduled for Tuesday, September 17th, has moved to a day later. This is due to Town's match with Norwich having switched to the preceding Sunday.
|Two More Matches Move Thu 20th Jun 2002 14:00 |
Town's matches with Preston at Deepdale and at home to Leicester have moved to Sundays. The PNE game is now a 1st September kick-off while the Foxes visit on 18th August. Both matches were originally scheduled for a day earlier.
|Bradford Game Moves Thu 20th Jun 2002 13:06 |
Town's August 26th home match against cash-strapped Bradford City has moved to an evening kick-off. The Bank Holiday Monday clash was planned for 3pm but will now start at 7.45pm.
|Town's UEFA Group Thu 20th Jun 2002 10:56 |
UEFA have announced the groups for tomorrow's UEFA Cup qualifying round draw. Town's opponents will be drawn from a list of five unseeded teams.
|Sheepshanks Joins Boycott Thu 20th Jun 2002 08:15 |
Town chairman David Sheepshanks has joined the boycott of ITV's coverage of England games and he is urging those who haven't already done so to do the same.
|Jobs Won't Go - New CEO Thu 20th Jun 2002 08:12 |
Town's new CEO Derek Bowden has told staff that jobs will not be going despite Town's relegation. Bowden, a former Saatchi and Saatchi executive, starts his job at Portman Road on July 1st.
On Wednesday, 20th June 2001
|Wright is Talking to Arsenal - Sheepshanks Wed 20th Jun 2001 18:56 |
Town have announced that they have indeed given Arsenal permission to talk to Richard Wright and that a substantial offer has been received from the Gunners. Rerports suggested this earlier and despite a denial from Wright's agent Jonathan Barnett the story is true.
|Barnett Denies Wright Move Wed 20th Jun 2001 16:35 |
Jonathan Barnett, Richard Wright's agent has denied that Richard Wright is set to join Arsenal. Reports this afternoon suggested a £5 million deal had been done and talks were underway between player and club.
|Wright to Arsenal Wed 20th Jun 2001 15:56 |
Reports this afternoon claim that Town keeper Richard Wright is talking to Arsenal about terms with a fee of £5 million already agreed between the two clubs.
|Saints Boss Slams Kachloul Wed 20th Jun 2001 12:11 |
Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe has slammed Hassan Kachloul over his transfer about-turn. The Southampton chairman launched a stining attack against the former Southampton player.
|Burley Denies Helstad Link Wed 20th Jun 2001 10:43 |
George Burley, still reeling from the duplicity of Hassan Kachloul, has denied links with Norwegian winger Thorstein Helstad. The Brann player had been linked with Town a few times recently and the story surfaced agans yesterday.
On Tuesday, 20th June 2000
|Town and Reuser Begin Talks Tue 20th Jun 2000 11:07 |
Town manager George Burley and Martijn Reuser begin talks this week on the terms on which the Dutch international will join the club. Town have already agreed a fee of £1 million with Vitesse Arnhem and the Blues hope to make the scorer of so many important goals at the end of last season Town's first signing of the close season. With Reuser keen to join Town and more money available to George Burley than ever before it seems unlikely that there will be any severe sticking point between the two sides.