Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|I'm never going to get a job!|
at 17:11 20 May 2013
Just did a month's work for a company. No pay, as I was on 'evaluation.' Just got told that, despite the fact that they were impressed by my skills, knowledge and passion, I didn't have the credentials required to get the job.
Great, thanks. Could have told me that before I did all that work for you. Still, I guess it's my fault for aiming too high. What's the level below unpaid evaluation?
I hate job searching.
|Applying to two jobs at the same company|
at 17:54 25 Feb 2013
Can anyone offer any advice on this, as I've read conflicting reports.
I applied to a job a short while ago, which has a closing date of March 22nd. Having checked the status of my application on a near daily basis (I really, really want the job) I spotted another, similar posting that I feel I'd be good for, which has a closing date of March 15th. The job is with the same company, but at a different branch.
Should I apply for the second job, or will that reflect badly on me? If I apply, should I mention that I have a pending application already in process? Would it be wise to say something like, "I spotted this additional opening after spending some time researching your company?" I'd rather have the first job than the second job, so I don't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances, but I don't want to miss out on a good opportunity.
Sorry if this should be obvious. Thanks <3
|Deconstructing the Chaos|
at 23:13 17 Nov 2012
As a person, I tend to be more rational and patient than emotional and knee-jerk. But there comes a time where logic just seems to fail. I mean, looking at things from a (reasonably) neutral point of view, I just can't figure out where the problems actually lie.
IMO, it's not:
- The manager. Results haven't really changed significantly across the past three managers. We still get stuffed, we still lack fight, we still make mistakes. Three different managers with three different personalities/ideas/levels of experience.
- The players as individuals. I don't buy into this whole philosophy that we have the worst set of footballers in existence. The players we have are, on paper at least, competant professionals at Championship level. Even if they weren't, we've cycled through so many over the past few years that they can't ALL be bad. They may not be INCREDIBLE, but they're certainly not as bad as results would suggest. They're not 6 goals worse than Blackpool, or Leicester, on paper.
- The players as a team (AKA, the coaching staff, tactics, behind the scenes, etc). It can't be the coaching, because the coaching team would change as frequently as the managers do. New managers, new coaches, new ideas. Behind the scenes? No idea.
- Evans/Clegg. ME has given us money to spend and Clegg has signed us plenty of players over the years. I'm not sure what else they do that could negatively effect the performances on the pitch.
- The facilities. It can't be the facilities. Everyone loves our facilities. Don't they?
- The fans. Our fans are generally patient. The support against Burnley was better than a lot of teams would have received, considering our run of poor results. While we may not be numero uno, we're definitely not Blackburn-esque in our dissent.
So, I'm out of ideas. I mean, I'm genuinely considering the possibility that we're cursed, especially given Norwich's upturn in form over the last few years. It's either that, or the tea-lady is serving our lads poisoned tea.
Deconstructing the chaos and looking through a microscope, what specific thing and/or things is making us SO much worse than everyone else? Does ANYONE know?
[Post edited 17 Nov 23:14]
|Prediction||Prediction Logged by at 14:45:47|
Birmingham City v Ipswich Town prediction logged
|New Manager Sweepstake Thread|
at 14:49 24 Oct 2012
There's a new manager blackball thread, so why not a sweepstake thread? Winner gets to give Phil and Gav big hugs the next time they see them.
Name and date of appointment required. Assistant optional.
Manager: Jordan Rhodes
Assistant: Luke Hyam
Appointment Date: Tue 30th Oct
|ITFC International XI|
at 17:20 15 Oct 2012
International breaks make me bored. Pick an ITFC XI consisting of XI different nationalities. It's tough!