Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 5 games form for the top 3 22:24 - Apr 9 with 2342 viewsN2_Blue

For all the talk of 3 teams hitting 100 points, record points totals and not seeing where leeds and Leicester would drop points the last 5 games have been remarkable.

The form of the top 3 is:

Ipswich 5th with 9 points
Leeds 9th with 8 points
Leicester 12th with 7 points

Over 10 games it is:

Ipswich 1st 24 points
Leeds 2nd 21 points
Leicester 15th 13 points

This will go to the last game no doubt. No one is taking max points, I'd love to say we'd win our last 5 but just don't think that is realistic.

Win tomorrow night and I do think we'll do it. It will be the perfect way to get over last Saturday with another home game to folow and then a nice little break!

If i was Leicester I'd be worried. A long away trip to plymouth on a Friday night after a deafeat doesn't look appealing. Home to WBA and then an away trip to Preston also looks pretty grim.

Tomorrow night is HUGE!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:30 - Apr 9 with 2223 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We lost to a team that had won their previous 7 home league matches. Aside from that we dropped 3 points at Cardiff. Those are our only dropped points in our last 11 matches. If we drop no more than 2 points in our last 5 fixtures, we are going up.

Last season we saw it out under the same pressure. I am very confident we will again this season. COYB!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:34 - Apr 9 with 2132 viewsIllinoisblue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:30 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

We lost to a team that had won their previous 7 home league matches. Aside from that we dropped 3 points at Cardiff. Those are our only dropped points in our last 11 matches. If we drop no more than 2 points in our last 5 fixtures, we are going up.

Last season we saw it out under the same pressure. I am very confident we will again this season. COYB!

And for 2024, scum are second in the form table.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:35 - Apr 9 with 2120 viewsGarv

People went stupidly early about Leicester, and then just because Leeds were looking good they were suddenly proclaimed as 'gone' as well.

You could see from our games against Leicester there's a weird sort of soft underbelly there, didn't they lose three on the bounce? And Leeds aren't perfect.

You could argue we've been the most consistent team of the lot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:37 - Apr 9 with 2100 viewsBugs

This evening's results mean, to guarantee promotion, we no longer have to win all 5 remaining games. We can afford to draw one.

I don't see tomorrow as a must win game, but it would heap the pressure on Leeds and Leicester if we did, and give us a tiny bit of breathing space going into the last 4 games.

Trying not to go all Kevin Kegan, but I would love it if Leicester did drop into the payoffs (and hopefully lose), given their massive and deliberate financial irregularities.
Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:40 - Apr 9 with 2046 viewsEuropablue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:35 - Apr 9 by Garv

People went stupidly early about Leicester, and then just because Leeds were looking good they were suddenly proclaimed as 'gone' as well.

You could see from our games against Leicester there's a weird sort of soft underbelly there, didn't they lose three on the bounce? And Leeds aren't perfect.

Most of our fans have only seen two Leeds matches this season, and they looked very good. Then we just see their results which always seem to go their way, but as you said, we saw how Leicester let us back into both games we played them. My opinion on them is that they don't have a great team, just some exceptional individual players who can be a class above.
Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 2006 viewsEuropablue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:37 - Apr 9 by Bugs

This evening's results mean, to guarantee promotion, we no longer have to win all 5 remaining games. We can afford to draw one.

I don't see tomorrow as a must win game, but it would heap the pressure on Leeds and Leicester if we did, and give us a tiny bit of breathing space going into the last 4 games.

Trying not to go all Kevin Kegan, but I would love it if Leicester did drop into the payoffs (and hopefully lose), given their massive and deliberate financial irregularities.

We might as well consider it as a must win, because away matches against Coventry and Hull could very well be much more challenging than a home game. It wouldn't be too bad going into the final match only needing a point.
Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 1997 viewsN2_Blue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:35 - Apr 9 by Garv

Leicester have fecked it i think.

They beat Norwich but other than a dodgy last minute win V birmingham their form is horrendous! I mean like terrible.

Then couple it with this run in i think they are in trouble:

Plymouth (A) Long away trip on a friday at not an easy place and fighting for every point to stay up.
WBA (H) think they may well win this but west brom can be veruy good on their day and still need points for the playoffs.
Southampton (H) Won't be easy, a very good team.
Preston (A) Horrible fixture with a Preston team in pretty good form.
Balckburn (h) Probably win but hopefully rrovers need something on last day

It we keep ticking along I think we'll finish above them.

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:54 - Apr 9 with 1882 viewsDarkBrandon

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:43 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

Leicester have fecked it i think.

They beat Norwich but other than a dodgy last minute win V birmingham their form is horrendous! I mean like terrible.

Then couple it with this run in i think they are in trouble:

Plymouth (A) Long away trip on a friday at not an easy place and fighting for every point to stay up.
WBA (H) think they may well win this but west brom can be veruy good on their day and still need points for the playoffs.
Southampton (H) Won't be easy, a very good team.
Preston (A) Horrible fixture with a Preston team in pretty good form.
Balckburn (h) Probably win but hopefully rrovers need something on last day

It we keep ticking along I think we'll finish above them.

I do that too.

Ipswich v Blackburn.
“Yup should win that”

Leicester v Blackburn
“Ooh. Could be tricky. Blackburn can be a good side on their day, and might need to get something”
Login to get fewer ads

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:58 - Apr 9 with 1786 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:54 - Apr 9 by DarkBrandon

I do that too.

Ipswich v Blackburn.
“Yup should win that”

Leicester v Blackburn
“Ooh. Could be tricky. Blackburn can be a good side on their day, and might need to get something”

Ipswich v Watford

Watford will be on the beach.

Ipswich v Watford

Watford can play freely without pressure.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 23:04 - Apr 9 with 1717 viewsN2_Blue

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:54 - Apr 9 by DarkBrandon

I do that too.

Ipswich v Blackburn.
“Yup should win that”

Leicester v Blackburn

But i don't think i've done that at all.

Firstly i've not mentioned our games and secondly i think i've been quite realistic with Leicesters games. I haven't said they'll lose any, and in fact i've said i think they'll win 2 games that they may well not.

I just think as a run of fixtures they are pretty grim, coupled with their form.

I don't think out fixtures are easy, but the 3 home games are all fairly winnabe irrespective of who they are against because we are indcredibly strong at home.

We could win the 3 home games lose both away and I think we could still finish ahead of Leciester as it wouldn't surprise me if they only took 7 points from their final 15.

I'm not saying that will happen but it wouldn't surprise me

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 23:55 - Apr 9 with 1561 viewsDarkBrandon

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 23:04 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

But i don't think i've done that at all.

Firstly i've not mentioned our games and secondly i think i've been quite realistic with Leicesters games. I haven't said they'll lose any, and in fact i've said i think they'll win 2 games that they may well not.

I just think as a run of fixtures they are pretty grim, coupled with their form.

I don't think out fixtures are easy, but the 3 home games are all fairly winnabe irrespective of who they are against because we are indcredibly strong at home.

We could win the 3 home games lose both away and I think we could still finish ahead of Leciester as it wouldn't surprise me if they only took 7 points from their final 15.

I'm not saying that will happen but it wouldn't surprise me

Fair enough. My post was more a mea culpa rather than a j’accuse
Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 05:04 - Apr 10 with 1237 viewsMK1

Think we will be the only side to reach 100 points.
Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 08:17 - Apr 10 with 786 viewshoppy

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 05:04 - Apr 10 by MK1

Think we will be the only side to reach 100 points.

Even if that is the case, there’ll be some who still don’t think that will be enough for us to finish top…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 587 viewsChrisd

Last 5 games form for the top 3 on 22:58 - Apr 9 by gainsboroughblue

Ipswich v Watford

Watford will be on the beach.

Ipswich v Watford

Watford can play freely without pressure.

Feel the pressure is building on all the top 3. It’s like none of us want automatic promotion.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024