x

Town Reject Bournemouth Bid For Jackson - Reports - Ipswich Town News

Town are reported to have rejected a £2 million offer from AFC Bournemouth for striker Kayden Jackson.

According to Football Insider, the Cherries see Jackson, who was Town’s joint-top scorer with 11 goals last season, as a potential replacement for Callum WIlson, who has joined Newcastle United and have tabled a £2 million bid - although the offer is reported to be £1 million elsewhere - which has been rebuffed.

Town are said to want a bigger fee for the 26-year-old, who is contracted until next summer with the Blues having an option for a further season. Over the summer Jackson turned down the offer of a contract extension.

Since then, various Championship clubs have been linked with the striker, who joined Town from Accrington Stanley for £1.6 million in the summer of 2018, including Coventry, Stoke City and Birmingham City.

As previously reported, Blackburn showed interest in January when League One Peterborough were also said to be keen, while we understand Luton Town have also been monitoring the Bradford-born frontman’s situation.

Town owner Marcus Evans is understood to have no plans to sell any of the club’s prized assets this summer, however, both he and manager Paul Lambert have previously admitted that offers can be received which the club can’t turn down.

The situation is complicated by the constraints of the salary cap which would make it difficult for the Blues to recruit a replacement for Jackson were he to be sold.

Jackson missed Saturday’s season opener against Bristol Rovers due to a groin problem which he picked up during pre-season.

What to read next:

[Podcast] Blue Monday - New Podcast Now Online
A new podcast from the Blue Monday team is now available.
U21s Midfielder Young Makes Loan Move
U21s midfielder Tyler Young has joined Isthmian League Premier Division Potters Bar Town on loan.
Women's Game Against Sheffield United Postponed
Ipswich Town Women’s WSL2 game against Sheffield United at the JobServe Community Stadium in Colchester this afternoon has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Hirst: It's Been Playing on My Mind
Town striker George Hirst has admitted his dry spell in front of goal has been playing on his mind, but remains confident that hard work will see the goals return sooner rather than later.
Town Women Host Blades Aiming to Maintain Revival
Ipswich Town Women will be looking to maintain the improved form which has taken them off the bottom of WSL2 when they host Sheffield United at the JobServe Community Stadium in Colchester this afternoon (KO 2pm).
McLoughlin Nets Winner and Wattley Starts as England U15s Beat USA
Blues academy schoolboy Tommy McLoughlin scored the winning goal and assisted another, while fellow Town youngster Zac Wattley also won a cap as England’s U15s came from behind to beat the USA 4-3 in the final game of their Cyprus-based training camp.
U21s Beat Stoke to Return to Top
Goals from Luca Fletcher and Afi Adebayo saw Town’s U21s come from behind to win for the second game running, beating Stoke City 2-1 at the JobServe Community Stadium in Colchester to return to the top of Premier League 2.
Wrexham 1-0 Ipswich Town - Highlights
Highlights of last night’s 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Wrexham.
Hirst: Massive Honour to Captain Town
Town striker George Hirst says it was a ‘huge honour’ to be handed the captain’s armband by Blues boss Kieran McKenna during the 1-0 FA Cup defeat to Wrexham.
Parkinson: We Showed How We've Evolved as a Team
Wrexham boss Phil Parkinson was delighted to take the Red Dragons to the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1997 following their 1-0 victory over the Blues at the Racecourse Ground.