x

Town Complete Egeli Signing - Ipswich Town News

Town have completed the signing of Norwegian international forward Sindre Walle Egeli from Danish side FC Nordsjælland.

Egeli flew to the UK this morning to complete the formalities on his switch to Town, the clubs having agreed a fee of £17.5 million payable over four years. The 19-year-old has signed a five-year deal.

The fee is a new record for a Championship club, eclipsing the £15.4 million Burnley paid Genk for Mike Tresor last summer.

"I’m really excited to have signed for this club,” Egeli told the official site.

"This is a club with great history and great plans for the future and this is something I really want to be a part of.

"As soon as I knew Ipswich were interested I was excited to come and I believe this club is the perfect place for me to progress in my career.

"I have had some great conversations with the manager and now I can’t wait to get started, meet my teammates and also the supporters.”

Larvik-born Egeli joined Nordsjælland’s academy from Sandefjord in his home country in 2022 and went on to make 43 appearances, scoring 11 goals and picking up 10 assists.

Having won Norway caps at U15, U16, U17, U18, U19 and U21 levels, highly rated Egeli, who was interesting Dutch giants PSV earlier this month, won his first and so far only full cap in 2024.

Given his age, Egeli, who has been handed the number eight shirt, doesn’t count towards Town’s 25-man Championship squad.

Egeli, who won’t be available for tomorrow’s game against Derby as the club is still awaiting international clearance and EFL approval, is the third Norwegian to represent the Blues following Jonny Parr and Vemund Brekke Skard.

The Norwegian youngster’s signing is the Blues’ fourth in just over 24 hours, following right-back Darnell Furlong, loan striker Ivan Azon and midfielder Marcelino Nunez into the club.

What to read next:

Ipswich Town v Derby County - Predictions
Have you predicted the Derby score yet? Ninety three per cent of TWTD members are predicting a Town win this afternoon, five per cent a draw and two per cent an away win. The most commonly predicted result is a 2-0 win to Town with Hirst the first scorer but what do you think?
Cajuste: I Feel Ready to Start
Town midfielder Jens Cajuste says he feels physically robust following a disrupted pre-season with parent club Napoli.
U21s Draw With Saints
Town’s U21s surrendered a 2-0 lead as they drew 2-2 with Southampton in Premier League 2 at Colchester United’s JobServe Community Stadium, both sides having been reduced to 10 men.
Cáceres Set to Stay in Mexico
Uruguayan international central defender Sebastian Cáceres will not be joining the Blues from Club América, according to Mexican reports, the clubs having been unable to agree terms.
Blues Host Derby Chasing First Win of Season
Town host Derby County at Portman Road on Saturday still looking for their first win of the season and also their first home league victory during 2025.
McKenna: The Majority of the Work's Done But Things Can Come Up Late
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the majority of the Blues’ summer transfer work is done following the signings of Marcelino Núñez, Darnell Furlong and Iván Azón, and with Norwegian international Sindre Walle Egeli close to joining the club from FC Nordsjælland, but isn’t entirely ruling out further additions before Monday’s 7pm deadline.
McKenna: Furlong a Really Experienced, Strong Defender at This Level
Town manager Kieran McKenna says Darnell Furlong has all the right qualities to be successful and that the new arrival could make his Blues debut against Derby County this weekend.
McKenna: Clarke, Al-Hamadi and Humphreys Making Progress From Injuries
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the Blues have no new injuries going into Saturday’s home game against Derby, while Harry Clarke, Ali Al-Hamadi and Cameron Humphreys are making progress after knocks.
McKenna: Azón Will Enjoy the Championship's Physical Challenges
Town boss Kieran McKenna says new loan signing Iván Azón will enjoy the physical challenges of the Championship.
McKenna: Núñez Wants to Make the Move He Sees as Best For His Career
Town boss Kieran McKenna admits he is delighted that Marcelino Núñez has chosen the Blues as the best destination to progress his career following the midfielder’s move from arch-rivals Norwich City.