Bent Windfall for Town? - Ipswich Town News
Town could receive an unexpected windfall this summer if reports linking former striker Marcus Bent to Manchester City prove to be correct. The Blues agreed a sell-on as part of the deal which took Bent to Everton in a £450,000 move last year.
City boss Stuart Pearce is said to be ready to make a £1 million bid for the much-travelled frontman, who scored six goals in 37 appearances last season.
Bent's chances at Everton are likely to be limited next season, with David Moyes said to be targeting a number of strikers ahead of the Toffeemen's Champions League campaign.
What to read next:
Davis: That's Not Our GameTown defender Leif Davis says he fully understands supporters’ frustrations after the Blues lost further ground on the Championship’s top two following a 5-3 defeat to Wrexham on Saturday.
Wrexham 5-3 Ipswich Town - Match ReportTown tasted defeat at the Racecourse Ground for the second time in eight days as they were defeated 5-3 by Wrexham having been 3-2 in front. The Blues went behind twice in the first half to goals from ex-Blues striker Kieffer Moore and Josh Windass, but Anis Mehmeti and Ivan Azon levelled to make the scoreline 2-2 at half-time. Cedric Kipre smashed a brilliant strike to make it 3-2 soon after the break but George Thomason, Callum Doyle and ex-Town forward Nathan Broadhead netted without reply to take the points for the Red Dragons.
Town Return to Derby XI at WrexhamTown boss Kieran McKenna has returned to the team which won 2-1 at Derby County in the Championship a fortnight ago for this afternoon’s game at Wrexham with Wes Burns back in the XI following his groin injury.