Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have there been previous Town players who 20:31 - Jan 3 with 8650 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Have been subjected to the abuse that Douglas has been by our own fans?

Andy Marshall obviously takes first prize. Matt Richards had a tough time of it in parts. Scowcroft and Kuqi certainly split the fans at times.

Poll: Best Football Song

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:32 - Jan 3 with 4324 viewspowinswitch

Shefki? Legend.
Have there been previous Town players who on 20:37 - Jan 3 with 4299 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:32 - Jan 3 by powinswitch

Shefki? Legend.

At first there were lots that did not warm to him, and some of them were strangely stubborn enough to take a long time admitting he was a legend.

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:44 - Jan 3 with 4249 viewsblueislander

Certainly in the pre -internet era, there was nothing like this. So you are really talking about the last 15 years or so. There has always been a division of opinion among supporters, but these were only expressed at the ground during games, or in the pub among friends. I suppose one of the more remarkable from those days was Mick Mills who should never have been a left back , as he was very one footed, and that was his right one. Also on the many occasions he was required to play in midfield he came in for a lot of critiscism.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 20:51]
Have there been previous Town players who on 20:46 - Jan 3 with 4238 viewsJohnhoz

Actually I was only thinking this the other day and then one of them walked onto the pitch at half time yesterday.

Paul Goddard

He was scapegoated and abused a hell of a lot.I remember him getting barrel loads in a game at Arsenal.
Funnily enough a mate of mine (who would have been about 19 or 20 at the time) wrote to him offering his support. He received a hand written reply from him thanking him for his support and saying he was training harder than ever to improve his own performances.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:46 - Jan 3 with 4222 viewsPlums

I seem to recall Steve Sedgley getting a lot of stick. Can't remember why?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:50 - Jan 3 with 4184 viewsDolly2.0

I remember people slating Alan Lee before he even arrived.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:53 - Jan 3 with 4133 viewsDennyx4

Tommy Smith used to get loads of abuse when he was younger.

The biggest I can remember prior to the internet was Deehan - I remember him getting absolute pelters at West Brom, and he had just scored a hat-trick for us.
Have there been previous Town players who on 20:55 - Jan 3 with 4108 viewsJohnhoz

Graham Harbey

Login to get fewer ads

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:56 - Jan 3 with 4088 viewsPlums

Not a player, but Joe Royle got stick before he was formally announced. "You can stick Joe etc."

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:57 - Jan 3 with 4083 viewshoppy

Paul Taylor?
Michael Chopra?

Two fairly recent targets for vitriol, whether as much as Douglas I can't really remember.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:02 - Jan 3 with 4022 viewsDolly2.0

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:56 - Jan 3 by Plums

Not a player, but Joe Royle got stick before he was formally announced. "You can stick Joe etc."

Yep, I'll hold my hands up to that one.

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:10 - Jan 3 with 3973 viewsolimar

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:46 - Jan 3 by Plums

I seem to recall Steve Sedgley getting a lot of stick. Can't remember why?

Because he took a deal at Wolves when they were offering big money. He was an absolute class act for us though, we got a good fee and we got Mark Venus in the opposite direction so I couldnt see what the fuss was about.
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:14 - Jan 3 with 3941 viewspatrickswell

The knives were out early for Sam Parkin - lots of ironic cheers whenever he won a header as I remember.
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:15 - Jan 3 with 3926 viewscasanovacrow

Jermaine Wright
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:15 - Jan 3 with 3924 viewsjonnysuave

It seems I have blocked the player's name from my memory. Left back, previously played for West Brom, no pace or skill but thought he was the best player in the team.

Somewhere between 1995 and 2005... more wine you say.... well why wouldn't I?
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:16 - Jan 3 with 3904 viewsJ2BLUE

Some of it is probably jealousy. He's a pro footballer earning good money with a stunning wife. As a player coming to the end of his career he's an easy target for frustrated knuckle-draggers to scream abuse at to make themselves feel better.

Douglas is the one player I have seen who someone can boast about abusing over Twitter and get up votes. Some people are just scum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:17 - Jan 3 with 3892 viewsstantheman

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:10 - Jan 3 by olimar

Because he took a deal at Wolves when they were offering big money. He was an absolute class act for us though, we got a good fee and we got Mark Venus in the opposite direction so I couldnt see what the fuss was about.

Next time he plays I am officially going to be his number one fan where I sit because it will wind up a few who sit near me. Perhaps they will get the message and NOT turn up for rest of season which will help me enjoy games more.
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:32 - Jan 3 with 3809 viewscuriousblue

Didn't Sam Parkin get a lot?
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:41 - Jan 3 with 3763 viewsDolly2.0

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:14 - Jan 3 by patrickswell

The knives were out early for Sam Parkin - lots of ironic cheers whenever he won a header as I remember.

He was terrible though. The worst striker I've seen at ITFC.

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:44 - Jan 3 with 3743 viewsJohnhoz

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:41 - Jan 3 by Dolly2.0

Did you never see Adam Proudlock?

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:47 - Jan 3 with 3721 viewscuriousblue

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:41 - Jan 3 by Dolly2.0

Mich D'Avry?
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:47 - Jan 3 with 3718 viewsGeoffSentence

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:55 - Jan 3 by Johnhoz

Graham Harbey

yeah, but he was sht

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:54 - Jan 3 with 3674 viewsDolly2.0

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:44 - Jan 3 by Johnhoz

Did you never see Adam Proudlock?

Yes. Crap, but wasn't he free or on loan? And not as bad as the much vaunted Parkin.

Couple of seasons after us Parkin was non-league with Luton.

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:55 - Jan 3 with 3655 viewsDolly2.0

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:47 - Jan 3 by curiousblue

Mich D'Avry?

Don't remember him being that bad. And he had quite a good song.

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:57 - Jan 3 with 3630 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:54 - Jan 3 by Dolly2.0

Yes. Crap, but wasn't he free or on loan? And not as bad as the much vaunted Parkin.

Couple of seasons after us Parkin was non-league with Luton.

To be fair Parkin ticked all the boxes before he came here. Scored a lot of goals in the league below, and seemed to be the kind of signing we should've been making.

Nicky Forster turned out to be more prolific when fit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024