Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln 6/1 15:32 - Jan 5 with 2286 viewsWallingford_Boy

Proving to be a VERY popular bet with the various bookies according to odds checker.

That is tempting.

I can see us getting embarrassed on Saturday!

RIP Sir Bobby

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:34 - Jan 5 with 2270 viewsartsbossbeard

See?

Pffft.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:37 - Jan 5 with 2256 viewsJ2BLUE

It's hilarious how much people are wetting their pants over Lincoln. MM says we'll play a strong side. Even when we're crap we don't lose many at home.

We'll win 3-0.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:39 - Jan 5 with 2234 viewscaught-in-limbo

They're on a run, but I can't see them getting 6.*

*yes, I know really.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:43 - Jan 5 with 2210 viewsWallingford_Boy

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:39 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

They're on a run, but I can't see them getting 6.*

*yes, I know really.

Well they lost to Guiseley on Boxing Day, so we shouldn't really have a problem.... should we?!?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:44 - Jan 5 with 2199 viewsWallingford_Boy

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:37 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

It's hilarious how much people are wetting their pants over Lincoln. MM says we'll play a strong side. Even when we're crap we don't lose many at home.

We'll win 3-0.

Its positively LOL isn't it?

Ooooh playing a strong side eh? We signing 6 new players then?

HeHe.

RIP Sir Bobby

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:54 - Jan 5 with 2148 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:43 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Well they lost to Guiseley on Boxing Day, so we shouldn't really have a problem.... should we?!?!

Sat Apr 29 Division 1 Aston Villa Away Lost 1-6
Sat May 6 FAC Final Arsenal Wembley Won 1-0

Thank God we lost our last match too.

#toxic

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 2129 viewsBlueStreak

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:54 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

They won their last game 3-1 btw, against the same opponents.
Lincoln 6/1 on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 2076 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:56 - Jan 5 by BlueStreak

They won their last game 3-1 btw, against the same opponents.

What a relief, they're concentrating on the league!

Town 4:1 Lincoln

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:16 - Jan 5 with 2026 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:37 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

We'll win 3-0.

As soon as I heard mick say we are going to play a strong team, I put us In my Acca

If town fall to 4/6, I might even stick a tenner on us as a single or in a double

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:25 - Jan 5 with 2008 viewsCaptainObvious

Lincoln 6/1 on 15:54 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

Although you are right, you have managed to pick the game where the Town players deliberately didn't try in protest at the inclusion of Colin Viljoen.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:31 - Jan 5 with 1970 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:25 - Jan 5 by CaptainObvious

Although you are right, you have managed to pick the game where the Town players deliberately didn't try in protest at the inclusion of Colin Viljoen.

Go on, why were they protesting at his inclusion?

#toxic

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 1922 viewstextbackup

Draw for me, and we'll lose in the replay on pens

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:37 - Jan 5 with 1921 viewsCaptainObvious

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:31 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

Go on, why were they protesting at his inclusion?

Out of loyalty to Roger Osborne who played all season and was dropped with a view to Viljoen playing in the Cup Final. Robson restored Osborne for the final and Viljoen never played again.

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:48 - Jan 5 with 1867 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:37 - Jan 5 by CaptainObvious

Out of loyalty to Roger Osborne who played all season and was dropped with a view to Viljoen playing in the Cup Final. Robson restored Osborne for the final and Viljoen never played again.

Interesting. But, if Viljoen was a serious contender for a place in Robson's eyes, why wasn't he named as sub for the final?

#toxic

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:53 - Jan 5 with 1843 viewsCaptainObvious

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:48 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

Interesting. But, if Viljoen was a serious contender for a place in Robson's eyes, why wasn't he named as sub for the final?

You could only have one sub and with the inexperienced Geddis out wide, Lambert was a better option. Or maybe Viljoen had effectively left the club after the Villa debacle, I don't remember seeing him on the bench in a suit at the final.

Lincoln 6/1 on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 1722 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:53 - Jan 5 by CaptainObvious

You could only have one sub and with the inexperienced Geddis out wide, Lambert was a better option. Or maybe Viljoen had effectively left the club after the Villa debacle, I don't remember seeing him on the bench in a suit at the final.

Didn't know that story. Thanks.

#toxic

Lincoln 6/1 on 17:21 - Jan 5 with 1706 viewsCaptainObvious

Lincoln 6/1 on 17:19 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

Didn't know that story. Thanks.

I know it sounds a bit "definite info" but i'm pretty sure one of the players confirmed the story. Paul Cooper i think.

Lincoln 6/1 on 19:41 - Jan 5 with 1434 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lincoln 6/1 on 17:21 - Jan 5 by CaptainObvious

I know it sounds a bit "definite info" but i'm pretty sure one of the players confirmed the story. Paul Cooper i think.

If it was Cooper, then the whole story could be nonsense. Player solidarity is great excuse for letting in six goals.

#toxic

Lincoln 6/1 on 20:20 - Jan 5 with 1372 viewsPJH

Lincoln 6/1 on 19:41 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

If it was Cooper, then the whole story could be nonsense. Player solidarity is great excuse for letting in six goals.

Except Cooper was not in goal-it was Paul Overton's one and only first team game and SBR said that he was our best player on the day.
Lincoln 6/1 on 20:53 - Jan 5 with 1295 viewsRadlett_blue

Lincoln 6/1 on 16:48 - Jan 5 by caught-in-limbo

The story I was told was that Viljoen wasn't at all popular with most of the other players, partly as he was views as very arrogant. In the late 1960s, he was one of the few Town players to own a car (fancy that!) & he regularly refused to give others a lift to or from the training ground. He hadn't played through injury since February, but was picked for the Villa game & the belief was that if he proved his fitness, he would replace Roger Osborne in the Wembley XI. Hence, some of the others didn't want to make him look good, although I guess a few of them would have been looking after themselves that day, with Wembley on the horizon.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lincoln 6/1 on 22:13 - Jan 5 with 1208 viewsgood_at_COD

Lincoln 6/1 on 20:53 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

The story I was told was that Viljoen wasn't at all popular with most of the other players, partly as he was views as very arrogant. In the late 1960s, he was one of the few Town players to own a car (fancy that!) & he regularly refused to give others a lift to or from the training ground. He hadn't played through injury since February, but was picked for the Villa game & the belief was that if he proved his fitness, he would replace Roger Osborne in the Wembley XI. Hence, some of the others didn't want to make him look good, although I guess a few of them would have been looking after themselves that day, with Wembley on the horizon.

Controversial, I know, but I can assure you Cooper's injury would not have caused him to miss any other game. He simply didn't want to take the risk of picking up a proper injury that would have seen him sit out the final. Fact.

Giggsy

Lincoln 6/1 on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 1195 viewsRadlett_blue

Lincoln 6/1 on 22:13 - Jan 5 by good_at_COD

Controversial, I know, but I can assure you Cooper's injury would not have caused him to miss any other game. He simply didn't want to take the risk of picking up a proper injury that would have seen him sit out the final. Fact.

that doesn't surprise me at all. Perfectly sensible not to risk your 1st choice keeper in a meaningless game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lincoln 6/1 on 04:58 - Jan 6 with 1010 viewsheavyweight

Lincoln 6/1 on 17:21 - Jan 5 by CaptainObvious

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed in one of SBR s biographies. He said it was the one time he bowed to 'player power '
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024