Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window 15:05 - Jan 10 with 2736 views12th_Man

And still nothing

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 15:10 - Jan 10 with 2718 viewsANNA3ROA

I hope its not a loan player?
DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 15:44 - Jan 10 with 2685 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I think that Evans is caught in no mans land at the min, he either has to back Mick who will then be here till at least the summer (which could result in a down turn of season tickets etc), or or if we lose against Blackburn & Lincoln then Evans might wield the axe and then have to pay Mick off and his coaching team, then possibly pay out compensation for a new manager & his coaching team. So part of me does wonder if Evans is just biding his time at the minute for the next 2 games and will then make a decision on the best course.

I personally think that next week we will either see new players coming through the door (if results are favourable for Mick) or we will possibly see the end of Micks reign-I might be wrong but that's what my gut tells me right now.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 15:46 - Jan 10 with 2672 viewshoppy

Thank you, I thought my watch had stopped for a while.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 2581 viewsBenters

Never mind ba

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 18:53 - Jan 10 with 2505 viewsmadmouse1959

Linked with him....linked with him.......looking at him......possibly bidding for him.......linked with him again........zzz

shampoo dave

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 18:56 - Jan 10 with 2492 viewsBenters

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 18:53 - Jan 10 by madmouse1959

Linked with him....linked with him.......looking at him......possibly bidding for him.......linked with him again........zzz

Thats about the long and short of it ..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 19:32 - Jan 10 with 2426 viewsBlueyandCrazy

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 15:44 - Jan 10 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I think that Evans is caught in no mans land at the min, he either has to back Mick who will then be here till at least the summer (which could result in a down turn of season tickets etc), or or if we lose against Blackburn & Lincoln then Evans might wield the axe and then have to pay Mick off and his coaching team, then possibly pay out compensation for a new manager & his coaching team. So part of me does wonder if Evans is just biding his time at the minute for the next 2 games and will then make a decision on the best course.

I personally think that next week we will either see new players coming through the door (if results are favourable for Mick) or we will possibly see the end of Micks reign-I might be wrong but that's what my gut tells me right now.

Honestly though unless we can find a suitable replacement for Murphy or another young bargain like Sears - either or both for the longer term, , there is not much point spending a lot now
- overpriced market in January
- we aren't going up or down
- manager may eventually go
- loan deals until the end of the season fine to cover injury, but otherwise money wasted

Also negotiation likely to be drawn out to get the best value - its why a lot of deals happen at the last minute in January; this together with other clubs getting cover/replacements lined up before they sell.......

Lets be patient eh?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 20:30 - Jan 10 with 2317 viewsmickeyjb

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 19:32 - Jan 10 by BlueyandCrazy

Honestly though unless we can find a suitable replacement for Murphy or another young bargain like Sears - either or both for the longer term, , there is not much point spending a lot now
- overpriced market in January
- we aren't going up or down
- manager may eventually go
- loan deals until the end of the season fine to cover injury, but otherwise money wasted

Also negotiation likely to be drawn out to get the best value - its why a lot of deals happen at the last minute in January; this together with other clubs getting cover/replacements lined up before they sell.......

Lets be patient eh?

I'm all for being patient, however we are even weaker now than when the window opened. Like him or loath him, Varney was there or there abouts in our squad and now he's gone to. I'm wondering how long it will be before we get the "I'm happy with my squad" statement, signaling the end of any hope we have of something positive happening. So I will say again, despite needing someone to replace Murphy we now also need another squad player to replace varney!
Login to get fewer ads

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 20:42 - Jan 10 with 2288 viewsSuperfrans

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 20:30 - Jan 10 by mickeyjb

I'm all for being patient, however we are even weaker now than when the window opened. Like him or loath him, Varney was there or there abouts in our squad and now he's gone to. I'm wondering how long it will be before we get the "I'm happy with my squad" statement, signaling the end of any hope we have of something positive happening. So I will say again, despite needing someone to replace Murphy we now also need another squad player to replace varney!

Indeed this. Signing nobody isn't an option now. Question is whether it will be another short term deal or loan, or whether it will be a proper signing of a player we really want/need long term.

The issue is whether ME sees Mick as the long term manager. It's perfectly possibly that he will be questioning that after Saturday and may be looking to see where we are after the next seven days/ two matches.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 21:47 - Jan 10 with 2203 viewsHelp

We wont sign anyone this window because we are not prepared to pay the prices asked and everyone knows we are desperate so will hold out to make us beg. As a football team we have gone about the whole transfer business all wrong once again, especially letting DM go and not getting a replacement in, but that was probably because
a) mick was happy with what he had
b) ME was not going to let him buy anyone.
C) both, or we are just shhht in the transfer market
DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 10:08 - Jun 16 with 1636 viewswkj

Getting myself into the pre-season party mood with a bit of TWTD nostalgia.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 10:29 - Jun 16 with 1587 viewsTractorCam

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 10:08 - Jun 16 by wkj

TWTD

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 16:12 - Jun 16 with 1355 viewswkj

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 10:29 - Jun 16 by TractorCam

TWTD

Scenes

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 16:20 - Jun 16 with 1331 viewsTractorCam

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 16:12 - Jun 16 by wkj

Scenes

Sadly we won't be seeing any of this from northstander_blue with our 3 signings, what on earth is Lambert playing at?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 16:41 - Jun 16 with 1294 viewsjaykay

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 10:08 - Jun 16 by wkj

twtd when the artiste formally known as benters use to post here

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 17:32 - Jun 16 with 1229 viewsNorthstander_Blue

DAY 10 Of The Transfer Window on 16:20 - Jun 16 by TractorCam

Sadly we won't be seeing any of this from northstander_blue with our 3 signings, what on earth is Lambert playing at?

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024