Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car recommendations please... 17:47 - Jan 10 with 1915 viewsipswich78

I have about £9k to spend on a MPV / SUV type vehicle. Looking for something economical i.e. average mpg of 50+.

Any suggestions?

So far my list is Ford C-Max, Skoda Yeti and Nissan Qashqai.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Car recommendations please... on 17:59 - Jan 10 with 1871 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, Ford would be good

http://www.hughiewillett.co.uk/ford-1220-compact-tractor-new-holland-1220-compac

Yours for £9k including my commission.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Car recommendations please... on 18:07 - Jan 10 with 1843 viewsNewcyBlue

Qashqai is lovely to drive. I have hired one before. The diesel is pretty economical, reliable etc. Usual Nissan stuff.

Usual things when looking at used cars check the mileage and service history.

Parker's car guide is pretty good for information.

Drive a few different of the same type, age, roughly same mileage, to see if they all drive the same so you can notice anything untoward.

If you are buying private, pop the bonnet and have a feel of the engine. Some people try to hide cold start problems by having it run up and warm. If the engine is warm offer to come back another day or just don't bother unless you really know what you are looking for.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Car recommendations please... on 18:22 - Jan 10 with 1805 viewsdavblue

The jukes are alright, got one 18 months ago, comes with a lot of kit 20 quid a year tax.

I ended up with one as the missus was about to go on mat leave and wanted to be sensible and it's turned out ok.
Car recommendations please... on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 1778 viewsitfcjoe

We got a Suzuki S Cross which has been pretty good - a bit smaller but a crossover model which was big enough for the baby and buggy and all the other sh*t.

Really economic too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Car recommendations please... on 18:44 - Jan 10 with 1724 viewsNewcyBlue

Car recommendations please... on 18:22 - Jan 10 by davblue

The jukes are alright, got one 18 months ago, comes with a lot of kit 20 quid a year tax.

I ended up with one as the missus was about to go on mat leave and wanted to be sensible and it's turned out ok.

I had a Juke on hire too for a while.

It had a smallish fuel tank. I had to fill up on my way down to Ipswich from Newcastle. Think it was 8 gallons.

Didn't have an especially large boot.

I considered it when I eventually came to buy a car again and ended up with a Focus. Just such a nice drive, decent size boot, economical, isofix on drivers and passengers side rear, Bluetooth, USB, 3.5mm jack.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Car recommendations please... on 19:19 - Jan 10 with 1670 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Why get an MPV/SUV? Waste of time for most. Although if I had to choose a Qashqai Tekna dci not bad, test drove one a couple of years ago. Very slow but very comfortable with the nice panoramic roof etc.

BOT

Car recommendations please... on 19:27 - Jan 10 with 1650 viewsMJallday

Mrs mj had a cmax for 6 years, never missed a beat. Perfect mpv

Thoroughly recommend it

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Car recommendations please... on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 1632 viewsSwansea_Blue

Car recommendations please... on 19:19 - Jan 10 by BorisOrTrevor

Why get an MPV/SUV? Waste of time for most. Although if I had to choose a Qashqai Tekna dci not bad, test drove one a couple of years ago. Very slow but very comfortable with the nice panoramic roof etc.

Yep, you get as much if not more room in a 'normal' car. I've hired Quashqai before and thought they were horrible - much prefer an estate if room is important. It's a matter of personal choice though, so try before you buy.

I've never got on with Fords, always cause me trouble and age before their time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Car recommendations please... on 07:27 - Jan 11 with 1392 viewsipswich78

Car recommendations please... on 19:19 - Jan 10 by BorisOrTrevor

I like (need) the interior space, height etc. Also prefer a higher driving position.

Car recommendations please... on 07:29 - Jan 11 with 1386 viewsMJallday

Car recommendations please... on 07:27 - Jan 11 by ipswich78

I like (need) the interior space, height etc. Also prefer a higher driving position.

mrs mj swapped her cmax in for a kuga titanium x sport last year. its a bit smaller (not a lot) but she prefers that to the cmax, as its a bette rdriving position, and the new cmax wasnt that nice. (it was her choice - and i let her have vito as im putting my RS order in soon)

they do a new one called the edge, but its a bit american.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Car recommendations please... on 09:46 - Jan 11 with 1308 viewsipswich78

Car recommendations please... on 07:29 - Jan 11 by MJallday

mrs mj swapped her cmax in for a kuga titanium x sport last year. its a bit smaller (not a lot) but she prefers that to the cmax, as its a bette rdriving position, and the new cmax wasnt that nice. (it was her choice - and i let her have vito as im putting my RS order in soon)

they do a new one called the edge, but its a bit american.

I do like the Kuga but unfortunately it is out of my price range.

Car recommendations please... on 09:49 - Jan 11 with 1302 viewshype313

We got a Qashqai 3 years ago and it has been brilliant, my only regret is going for the 1.6 over the 2.0, however as the wife uses it to ferry around Town with the Baby in, speed isn't a huge issue. Lovely drive, loads of space and quite economical.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024