Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? 11:57 - Jan 11 with 1311 viewsITFC_Forever

Any good?

Considering it for the summer....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:01 - Jan 11 with 1299 viewsSteve_M

Yes, not bad although can be fairly expensive. Decent balance of being in a tent but having proper showers and toilets available. Normally a good amount of stuff for the kids to do on site.

Whilst most sites will be of a decent standard there can be quite a bit of variation so best to do some research.

This is all based on going in the 90s but I doubt the approach has changed much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:05 - Jan 11 with 1274 viewsuncle

We went to one 3 or 4 years back, and it was great. The camp was good, decent pool, waterslides etc, stuff for the kids to do and it was just a nice place to be. To my surprise the chalet/caravan we stayed in was nice as well.

We used the place as base, so we went out to the each, zoo, just exploring a lot, because I could imagine getting bored of several days on the site, but others seemed happy enough.

I'd certainly go again
Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:05 - Jan 11 with 1277 viewsnorth_stand77

Went a couple of times a few years ago when the kids were young. Stayed in caravans as opposed to tents, beautiful sandy beaches. Stayed on the west coast, St John de Mont area. Lovely forests in that area too, would thoroughly recommend from my experience.
Went in June as quieter but that was before all this taking kids out of school nonsense.
Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:16 - Jan 11 with 1242 viewsgreenkingtone

The family go every year. Be careful about Brittany, the weather is like Cornwall. Southern camps are more reliable and the ones below Clermont Ferrand can return temperature up to 36 C.
We use yelloh and Vacance Soliel. Euro Camp is another good company. The accommodation in tents or cabins is excellent and Yelloh has all mod cons and some cabins have TV but its all in French of course.

Some English is spoken at the Yellow camps but if you have a little basic French it is helpful. Vacanc Soliel is Danish and the staff are fluent in English. At many camps you can include bed linen and so on, which saves carting it in your boot.

On arrival they ask for a deposit which is returned when you leave the camp. Brexit will make it dearer now the pound has lost value.

Remember to book the train and pay the Thames Crossing charges. I also have a gubbins in the windscreen which is recognise by the toll booths in France. This device allows you to drive though the payage gates without messing about with money. Your card will be charged accordingly.

The camps are safe for the children and they can run about unsupervised even at night. Apply common sense. Read the web sites and all facilities are shown. Book online but don't leave it late or they are full up. Set it up now!
Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 1181 viewsPlums

Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 12:16 - Jan 11 by greenkingtone

The family go every year. Be careful about Brittany, the weather is like Cornwall. Southern camps are more reliable and the ones below Clermont Ferrand can return temperature up to 36 C.
We use yelloh and Vacance Soliel. Euro Camp is another good company. The accommodation in tents or cabins is excellent and Yelloh has all mod cons and some cabins have TV but its all in French of course.

Some English is spoken at the Yellow camps but if you have a little basic French it is helpful. Vacanc Soliel is Danish and the staff are fluent in English. At many camps you can include bed linen and so on, which saves carting it in your boot.

On arrival they ask for a deposit which is returned when you leave the camp. Brexit will make it dearer now the pound has lost value.

Remember to book the train and pay the Thames Crossing charges. I also have a gubbins in the windscreen which is recognise by the toll booths in France. This device allows you to drive though the payage gates without messing about with money. Your card will be charged accordingly.

The camps are safe for the children and they can run about unsupervised even at night. Apply common sense. Read the web sites and all facilities are shown. Book online but don't leave it late or they are full up. Set it up now!

I'd agree with this. We've been to a Yelloh site for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. La Plage is excellent and I even met a Town fan in the fishing museum in Guilvinec.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 13:43 - Jan 11 with 1096 viewsQuagmire

We go every year and would recommend for a family. Research sites extensively as they will vary massive but you get some amazing places.
Would recommend using eurocamp to research, then once you've chosen a site seeing if you can book direct. You'll be amazed how much cheaper it will be plus the mobile homes are usually bigger and in better locations
Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 13:52 - Jan 11 with 1061 viewsITFC_Forever

Excellent, thanks all.

Looking at doing 3 nights in Euro Disney, then heading west / north-west to the coast for a week.

A very quick google of Euro Camp suggests it is indeed worth checking the site for facilities, distance to the beach etc - the same you would if you were to stay at a Parkdean / Haven in the UK.

Will investigate more thoroughly with the missus tonight.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone ever been on holiday in France to a Euro Camp style place? on 15:29 - Jan 11 with 1021 viewsBLUEBEAT

Be sure to watch 'Bon Voyage' before you go (Ben Miles/Fay Ripley).

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024