Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? 08:20 - Jan 13 with 945 viewsWallingford_Boy

Other than Bart, Webbo and Lawrence (plus Bish/Dozzell who might come good), who is good enough in the squad to compete with the Championship big boys? Can't really rely on Didz, Sears and Skuse are going backwards. Other than Webbo, the back four have had a shocking season.

Happy Friday 13th!

RIP Sir Bobby

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 08:49 - Jan 13 with 895 viewsgmanrom

I would say Tommy smith will be up to it and if we can find the right partner for Skuse he will be fine.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 08:56 - Jan 13 with 870 viewsBluebell

I think if we had all the players fit and Mick played them in their correct positions, we would only need another striker. Unless there is an academy player good enough to step up.

But we will never have a whole squad fit and Mick isn't going to change his way of playing so perhaps we need several more!
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 796 viewsWallingford_Boy

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 08:56 - Jan 13 by Bluebell

I think if we had all the players fit and Mick played them in their correct positions, we would only need another striker. Unless there is an academy player good enough to step up.

But we will never have a whole squad fit and Mick isn't going to change his way of playing so perhaps we need several more!

You think the defence is good enough?

Maybe Kenlock with time, but right now that backline is a mess and conceding silly goal after silly goal.

I could see the argument for Skuse, but feel we need some creativity alongside him, (maybe Bish), not sure Ward is good enough and Pitman isn't.

So I make it 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and two striker.

But I'd settle for two strikers, a RB and a midfielder.

RIP Sir Bobby

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 10:52 - Jan 13 with 775 viewsNo9

NOt forgetting that Didz always goes missing in January & Teddy has had 'injuries ' for a loing while now - should they be included as 'available' = No!
Nor should Lawrence as he will go at the end of the season.

Obviously Mr MIlne's re-build season isn't and by the end of this one Town are likely to need 10 new face for enxt season????????
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 767 viewspablosturn

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 08:56 - Jan 13 by Bluebell

we really don't need a striker as our key target, RB to cover for a very young JE and a creative midfielder and we would be ok.

Berra losing pace and confidence, Ward not looking great now. But if we got some service to a very capable pitman and sears we wouldn't have a bad strike force
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 737 viewsWallingford_Boy

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 10:59 - Jan 13 by pablosturn

we really don't need a striker as our key target, RB to cover for a very young JE and a creative midfielder and we would be ok.

Berra losing pace and confidence, Ward not looking great now. But if we got some service to a very capable pitman and sears we wouldn't have a bad strike force

I think Pitman's best days are long behind him now, considering the way we play the game, we really do need a "hold up" player.

Is Murphy available?

RIP Sir Bobby

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 706 viewsmonty_radio

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 11:09 - Jan 13 by Wallingford_Boy

I think Pitman's best days are long behind him now, considering the way we play the game, we really do need a "hold up" player.

Is Murphy available?

Think that's a bit harsh on Pitman, a player acknowledged by many posters for his skill=level. Fans of his previous clubs report that he never had any pace anyway, and he's still only late 20s. Our mistake has been to see him as an alternative Murph, whereas, if played as an alternative Freddy (in a front 2), I think he's such a natural finisher that he'd come good.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 706 viewsmuccletonjoe

Kenlock and emmanuel both good enough or would be if given the experience. Smith definitely good enough and dozzell will be in time. Morris has the potential but apart from that we can get rid and skuse would be the first out of the door after dougie douglas
Login to get fewer ads

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 12:04 - Jan 13 with 682 viewsNo9

If the re-buid was to develop a 5 year plan you would move out anyoen over 28 as soon as you could wouldn't you?
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 661 viewsoldbluestu

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 11:09 - Jan 13 by Wallingford_Boy

Is Murphy available?

But isn't that the catch22 situation? Fans demanding MM stop playing hoof/long ball but all want a like for like Murphy replacement meaning we'll continue playing hoof football

Stick with Pitman and continue trying to perfect a better style of pass and move
So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 12:16 - Jan 13 with 648 viewsrickw

We have better players now than when we made the playoffs 2 years ago with Tabb, Anderson and Hunt in the team.

If we have a good manager/head coach our players are good enough to be competitive, if we keep Mick then we need a 6ft8 striker to win our hoofs and knock them down to our wingers and other forward

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 12:25 - Jan 13 with 617 viewsthatdamgood89

The reason why every winger whose played under MM has been asked to tuck in the way Ward has this season is because Skuse is to poor for a conventional two man Midfield.

We need a complete overhaul at the CM position and the moment Smith is fit i would love to see Webster put into the Holding Midfielder role..it won't happen mind.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 13:13 - Jan 13 with 556 viewsWallingford_Boy

So how many players do we need? 8 enough? on 12:16 - Jan 13 by rickw

We have better players now than when we made the playoffs 2 years ago with Tabb, Anderson and Hunt in the team.

If we have a good manager/head coach our players are good enough to be competitive, if we keep Mick then we need a 6ft8 striker to win our hoofs and knock them down to our wingers and other forward

No, I don't think so.

Berra was decent back then, he is clearly not the player he was. Skuse has also gone downhill. Would rather have Hunt over Ward anyday. Who was left back then? Cresswell? Parr? Mings? Either of those over Knudsen!!

Tabb/Anderson were only bit part players anyway.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024