Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rebuilding Year 5 point plan 12:17 - Jan 13 with 766 viewsthatdamgood89

In a supposed rebuilding year and with our 5 point plan in mind why hasn't Ben Morris even received the odd 5 -10 minutes?

He is our most prolific goalscorer. I get the U23 standard isn't the best I understand he may not be ready for 46 championship games but come on Sear's nearly went a whole season without scoring. I'm not talking every single game but the lack of minutes is a big worry and warning sign in terms of have we got the best man for the 5 point plan.

I just don't understand why he hasn't received minutes.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:27 - Jan 13 with 725 viewsoldbluestu

It's because a large percentage of the fans actually fear relegation so if we bring him on and and he doesn't score in those 5-10 minutes those fans will rip him apart. MM is simply protecting him until he thinks hes 100% ready to handle the situation the club is in at the moment.
Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:28 - Jan 13 with 715 viewsthatdamgood89

Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:27 - Jan 13 by oldbluestu

It's because a large percentage of the fans actually fear relegation so if we bring him on and and he doesn't score in those 5-10 minutes those fans will rip him apart. MM is simply protecting him until he thinks hes 100% ready to handle the situation the club is in at the moment.

So our manager is crippled by fear of either relegation or the crowd? If that's genuine then it's even more reason for him to go!

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 705 viewsGuthrum

In which games would you have introduced him, given our League position and the value of every point?

There has only been one game where we've been significantly ahead with more than a couple of miutes to go - and Morris wasn't on the bench against QPR. Even then, we couldn't have predicted before the match that it would be an easy victory, suitable for blooding youngsters.

Surely not throwing him into the bear-pit at the end of one of our defeats, a couple of goals down with the team's heads dropped and boos ringing around the stadium?

Similar to Dozzell last season, I expect him to get a bit of time at the end of the season if we're safe and there's nothing other than the pride of winning to play for.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 12:32]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:32 - Jan 13 with 692 viewstaximan

Rebuilding Year 5 point plan on 12:27 - Jan 13 by oldbluestu

moronic, at best
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024