Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves 13:21 - Jan 13 with 11353 viewsLankHenners

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:22 - Jan 13 with 4622 viewsKieran_Knows

I'll make sure I listen to that later. Good to see one of the players come out and stick up for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 with 4573 viewstaximan

is it because he is "pretty crap" ?
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 with 4567 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by taximan

"from my living room with Radio Suffolk on"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 with 4558 viewsSwailsey

Sad but not surprising that it's reached him. Very poor form from some of our fans.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 with 4566 viewsLuk38644

As a player, I've criticised him heavily, but I will never understand why anybody at ITFC receives personal abuse from 'fans' like he has on Twitter and by being booed, it's detrimental and counter-productive.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:25 - Jan 13 with 4536 viewsIpswich_Loyal

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I can confirm he's crap at Portman Road too.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:26 - Jan 13 with 4519 viewsReuser_is_God

I can see why people give him stick & get frustrated because, lets face it, he is sh1t.

But it's gone way too far in this instance. Booing him, ironically cheering, parody twitter accounts, people singing 'Douglas is on fire, you're defence is terrified' etc...

Way too personal & individually targeted IMO but saying that I'd sign a CM & replace him tomorrow if I was Mick.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:26 - Jan 13 with 4489 viewsLankHenners

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by Luk38644

As a player, I've criticised him heavily, but I will never understand why anybody at ITFC receives personal abuse from 'fans' like he has on Twitter and by being booed, it's detrimental and counter-productive.

Indeed. He's clearly past it and not what we need at the moment but every time he's stepped onto the pitch he's always put the effort in to help the team. He's not the one that picks the team every week and the abuse he's got from a section of the 'support' is absolutely pathetic and downright disgraceful.

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 4461 viewsKieran_Knows

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:26 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

I can see why people give him stick & get frustrated because, lets face it, he is sh1t.

But it's gone way too far in this instance. Booing him, ironically cheering, parody twitter accounts, people singing 'Douglas is on fire, you're defence is terrified' etc...

Way too personal & individually targeted IMO but saying that I'd sign a CM & replace him tomorrow if I was Mick.

Which hopefully Mick will do that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 4432 viewstaximan

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

hence the reason i asked the question, rather than stating it as a fact
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 4440 viewsReuser_is_God

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by taximan

Yes but he doesn't deserve personal abuse like he's received constantly.

The odd 'you're fcuking sh1t Douglas' from someone in the crowd is par for the course, this has got far worse.

Evans out

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 4422 viewsUB9Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 4412 viewsUB9Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 4405 viewsWeekender

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by Luk38644

exactly.

Critisise MM for picking him if you don't think he's good enough but don't give the guy personal abuse. all he can do is try his best.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 4401 viewsUB9Blue

Some of the personal abuse he received from Town fans at QPR was out of order, regardless of what you think of his skills he is still wearing the shirt.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:29 - Jan 13 with 4377 viewsJohnhoz

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:26 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

Douglas would have done well to retire at the end of last season. This was a season too far for him. It's a shame that he's been made to feel like this after such a great career as a professional footballer. I feel for him on a personal level. But he must know himself that he's not the player he once was.
It must be a painful time for any sportsman once it gets to this

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:31 - Jan 13 with 4318 viewsReuser_is_God

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:29 - Jan 13 by Johnhoz

Douglas would have done well to retire at the end of last season. This was a season too far for him. It's a shame that he's been made to feel like this after such a great career as a professional footballer. I feel for him on a personal level. But he must know himself that he's not the player he once was.
It must be a painful time for any sportsman once it gets to this

Yeah he probably should've retired in the summer to be fair.

Saying that, we should never have signed him but there you go.

Evans out

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:32 - Jan 13 with 4295 viewsNewingtonblue

I don't suppose he feels as sh@t as I do paying hard earned cash to watch this tripe week in week out. Not saying its right but maybe he should have a thicker skin. The club is not the club I started following many years ago nor is the sport but I wish ME would either step up with money and a plan or leave.

Blog: Football, Take Me Home

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:33 - Jan 13 with 4241 viewsLankHenners

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:32 - Jan 13 by Newingtonblue

I don't suppose he feels as sh@t as I do paying hard earned cash to watch this tripe week in week out. Not saying its right but maybe he should have a thicker skin. The club is not the club I started following many years ago nor is the sport but I wish ME would either step up with money and a plan or leave.

18 posts in for the "should have thicker skin" comment. I predicted 5.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:34]

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:34 - Jan 13 with 4214 viewsSwailsey

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:33 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

18 posts in for the "should have thicker skin" comment. I predicted 5.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:34]

I'm surprised no-one has told him to man up yet.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:35 - Jan 13 with 4199 viewsSwansea_Blue

More because some of our 'fans' are complete and utter tvvats I think, and always have been. See Matt Richards.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 4122 viewsDoobDude

Aaah poor diddums.
Man who gets paid £5,000 a week is criticised for being rubbish at his job.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 4126 viewsDebenBlue

Nonsense story, JD has made it known to others within the CGL b, he doesn't care about the abuse, just happy to pick up his salary. He's not the only one either.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 4094 viewsJohnhoz

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:24 - Jan 13 by Swailsey

Sad but not surprising that it's reached him. Very poor form from some of our fans.

There will always be those who believe that abuse is justified because 'we' are paying to watch and 'they' are being paid.

Anyone that does, however, is clearly full of anger and hatred. Throwing abuse around on a Saturday afternoon helps them to feel better about themselves

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 4093 viewsHeathlander

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:38 - Jan 13 by DebenBlue

Nonsense story, JD has made it known to others within the CGL b, he doesn't care about the abuse, just happy to pick up his salary. He's not the only one either.

CGL?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024