Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves 13:21 - Jan 13 with 11361 viewsLankHenners

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:42 - Jan 13 with 1362 viewsCrawfordsboot

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:28 - Jan 13 by UB9Blue

lost for words?
Rommy isn't a moron, just saying. (n/t) on 15:43 - Jan 13 with 1350 viewsCaptainObvious

Rommy isn't a moron, just saying. (n/t) on 15:40 - Jan 13 by Swailsey

Didn't you just say he was?

no, did you?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:48 - Jan 13 with 1329 viewsStenvict

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:19 - Jan 13 by DoobDude

This is professional football, it's well paid but you have to be tough mentally.
Rooney and Beckham have dealt with far worse.

If Douglas's performances have suffered because of the booing then he is mentally unfit of playing at this level and should do us all a favour and quit.

No sympathy whatsoever.

Didn't Rooney have a go at England fans at Euro 2012 when they were booing?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:49 - Jan 13 with 1321 viewsStenvict

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:23 - Jan 13 by DoobDude

Not everyone is as sensitive as you.

Personally I find a right rollocking at work helps now and again to improve me.

Perhaps Douglas can take the booing on board and think to himself "My performances have been poor, what can I do to improve".

You have a job????

Wow

Poll: What will be announced first?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:49 - Jan 13 by Stenvict

You have a job????

Wow

Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:55 - Jan 13 with 1279 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:48 - Jan 13 by Stenvict

Didn't Rooney have a go at England fans at Euro 2012 when they were booing?

Beckham gave some scousers the middle finger too when playing for England.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:55 - Jan 13 with 1276 viewsrickw

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:09 - Jan 13 by Cuffy81

I really dislike the treatment Douglas has been given by the fans. Boo Mick all you want and voice discontent with the overall state of the club but don't single out players for insults and derision.

Played out of position, asked to do a job he can't physically do anymore, and half the time he has been better than Skuse, we love a scapegoat don't we? Blame MM, not Douglas.

You are right, Douglas could still be ok if played as a holding midfielder with players around him to do his running for him, but he's not - he's usually played with Skuse and asked to do the running himself - which is never going to work!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:59 - Jan 13 with 1246 viewsMullet

And people wonder why players don't want to come to Ipswich. These fans are a disease we'd be well rid of.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 1185 viewstextbackup

From what I can work out there was 2200 fans at QPR, pretty much everyone has said the treatment he got was awful, and those booing should be ashamed... of those 2200 we are looking at, what 10, that went too far? (Still 10 too many I agree, but a bit over the top, isn't it?)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:17 - Jan 13 with 1163 viewsIllinoisblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:59 - Jan 13 by Mullet

And people wonder why players don't want to come to Ipswich. These fans are a disease we'd be well rid of.

christ on a bike, if people think Ipswich fans are nasty and spiteful, wait till they go a club with less patient fans. 15 years of mostly sheeite and we've had nothing more than a few grumbles and boos.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 1140 viewsJimmy86

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:24 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

But should he still be subject to all this vitriol when he pulls on a Town shirt?

No he shouldn't be subject to such vitriol. As has previously been said he doesn't pick the team. Again he is being played alongside Skuse and is too similar to him, same as Hyam and Skuse previously. The worst decision of Micks tenure was playing Skuse, Douglas and Hyam at home against Rotherham. That was dire
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 18:48]
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 1125 viewstextbackup

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:59 - Jan 13 by Mullet

We are the quietest most poxy family friendly club in the country, hardly that bad ffs

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:22 - Jan 13 with 1105 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:21 - Jan 13 by textbackup

We are the quietest most poxy family friendly club in the country, hardly that bad ffs

I'll raise you MK Dons.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:23 - Jan 13 with 1098 viewstextbackup

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:22 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I'll raise you MK Dons.

Not a real club, so don't count :)

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 1089 viewsLankHenners

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:17 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

christ on a bike, if people think Ipswich fans are nasty and spiteful, wait till they go a club with less patient fans. 15 years of mostly sheeite and we've had nothing more than a few grumbles and boos.

We've had a bit more than that to be fair. If it was only mild grumble do you really think it would have got to the point where the club captain feels he has to come out and publicly show support for a colleague?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:33 - Jan 13 with 1044 viewsIllinoisblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:24 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

We've had a bit more than that to be fair. If it was only mild grumble do you really think it would have got to the point where the club captain feels he has to come out and publicly show support for a colleague?

is Portman Rd now a seething cauldron of hate? Do players visibly wilt and cry as soon as they step on to the pitch?

62 - 78 - 81

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:37 - Jan 13 with 1024 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:33 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

is Portman Rd now a seething cauldron of hate? Do players visibly wilt and cry as soon as they step on to the pitch?

No

But within 5 minutes there's chants of 'how sh1t must you be, were drawing at home'.

And against Lincoln despite our first attempt being in the first two minutes, ironic chants that we've had a shot.

QPR away we were the better side, conceded from their first shot and suddenly tut atmosphere was toxic.

That's how it is unfortunately. Toxic.

First goals in games are crucial for the atmosphere moreso than ever

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:40 - Jan 13 with 1004 viewsIllinoisblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:37 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

No

But within 5 minutes there's chants of 'how sh1t must you be, were drawing at home'.

And against Lincoln despite our first attempt being in the first two minutes, ironic chants that we've had a shot.

QPR away we were the better side, conceded from their first shot and suddenly tut atmosphere was toxic.

well, that's too bad, but ultimately the players need to step it up. Nothing like 3 points and goals to stop negative chanting.

62 - 78 - 81

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:44 - Jan 13 with 985 viewsMullet

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:17 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

You seem to think I'm not talking about a minority of dicks. Most town fans are more than gracious towards someone like Douglas or mick.

We're talking about a rash of cowardly sheep behind the odd nasty twitter warrior and wannabe malcy.

Hardly a terminal hidden rank of Arsenal in the north.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:47 - Jan 13 with 975 viewsGuthrum

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:28 - Jan 13 by Newingtonblue

No offence taken. Not sure the abuse has been off the scale, as I said earlier doesn't make it right. Yes, I have suffered racial abuse on large scale in a sporting arena by hundreds of fans, but my thoughts were if that's all you can think of to have a go then hey, I ain't troubled by it. So yes I know what it's like to get the abuse,.
It is not his fault our manager offered him a fantastic contract with the additional year, but their probably lies the problem, fans disillusioned with being in this league for so long a chairman that appears not to be bothered and a style of football that is dull. Sadly makes fans disgruntled and pick on a target to vent frustrations.
No I 'm not forced to watch Ipswich but its a dirty drug that is difficult to kick. I keep going because I care about the club. I will be here long after MM ME or JD.
Anyway roll on Saturday and 3 points.

I'm sorry that you've had to face such an abominable thing in your life. Nobody should have to.

When abuse is based on prejudice (as with race) or goes over the top (as it's getting with Douglas), then the blame should entirely be carried by the abuser, not the victim. My concern is that too often the "thick skin" argument can be used to transfer it the other way.

As I said the other day, for me Douglas and even to some extent McCarthy are the unfortunates who found themselves in the firing line when the shooting started over much longer-term issues. And the anonymity of crowds extends to the internet and social media, people getting away with saying things they'd be pulled up on in any normal social environment.

Yes, I go as often as I can, simply because it's ITFC. One of the biggest issues about the current situation is that it is causing the fans to fall out with each other. When it comes down to it, we all follow the same club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:47 - Jan 13 with 967 viewstextbackup

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:37 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

No

The boys in section 6 don't really get the whole supporting they, they are beyond thick

Reading? (n/t) on 16:48 - Jan 13 with 957 viewsBloots

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:21 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:50 - Jan 13 with 943 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:32 - Jan 13 by Newingtonblue

I don't suppose he feels as sh@t as I do paying hard earned cash to watch this tripe week in week out. Not saying its right but maybe he should have a thicker skin. The club is not the club I started following many years ago nor is the sport but I wish ME would either step up with money and a plan or leave.

nice one

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:50 - Jan 13 with 938 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:47 - Jan 13 by textbackup

The boys in section 6 don't really get the whole supporting they, they are beyond thick

To think I used to say I want to be in section 6 for the atmosphere. Lol.

I think they are the biggest bunch of melts I've seen at a football ground aside from the Dagenham youth made up of about 25/30 15 year olds.

I like to think my ST is section 5 nowadays even though it's borderline really

Reading? (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 927 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Reading? (n/t) on 16:48 - Jan 13 by Bloots

Reading
Fulham
Cardiff
Blackburn

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024