Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. 11:31 - Jan 14 with 2306 viewsHarryfromBath

I have had a look at Rovers’ message boards this morning to assess the mood as they had little to say about us or their game in the build-up during the week…

“This is a big game for us, arguably just as big for Ipswich”, “Ipswich are genuinely one of the most dreadful teams to watch in this division. We are what we are. This match is going to be a mockery of football. A 1-1 draw and nobody wins, especially the fans”, “I can see us getting at least a point.”

“Coyle and the lads are on a roll. An early Rovers' goal will see Ipswich heads drop and the home fans turn”, “Usually I would be happy with a draw but with all the bottom teams playing each other the gap gets wider and with both our and Ipswich’s current form I think a win is essential.”

They don’t run a prediction league, but the vast majority would be happy with a point to keep their unbeaten mini-run going at what is widely seen as a bogey ground. “If we come back with a point I'll be more than happy as Portman Road is a ground that we don't usually do particularly well at.”

“We really need at least a point and a point I would be very pleased with”, “Portman Road is not one of our happier hunting grounds and rarely see us come away with much. However, the last three games have seen us look tighter at the back and I'm hopeful of seeing us pick up a point.”

“I'm just hoping the win over Newcastle last time out isn't followed by the sequence of defeats similar to previous victory over the Geordies. I'd take a point.”

“This is one of our least favourite of least favourite Championship grounds. Wins at Old Trafford and the Emirates come around more often than they do down there.”

“This is very much a bogey ground. I've been down there about five or six times and never seen a win. Some absolute dross witnessed there in recent seasons particularly on a couple of miserable midweek trips.”

Only one Town player has been mentioned, albeit briefly: “Tom Lawrence (a loan signing in Bowyer days) is now on loan there. He blew hot and cold for us but is in form at the moment. You know who's going to get a goal.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I think McCarthy will be gone shortly. A poor result tomorrow might see him gone. Ipswich fans don't like his boring game-plan and tactics”, “I would love to swap dour, straight talking Mick McCarthy for odious cretin Coyle”,

Rovers briefly discussed Mick’s season here during the week but they have warmed to the theme since then. “Imagine Mick McCarthy with our squad of a few years ago."

“Big Mick over-achieved a bit at first with nothing but shirt buttons and raised the expectation levels. He would probably do that here if he walked in tomorrow and what we wouldn't give for just one decent season.”

“Rightly or wrongly McCarthy has been getting a lot of stick down there this season for results and performances. A poor result tomorrow could see him get even more aggro off the home fans whilst a comfortable win will lift the gloom.

“He has kept them well clear of trouble every season and will do so again despite having no money to spend and presumably one of the lowest wage bills in the league. Notice to some - look what can be achieved at a club with tiny budget and modest crowds but with a proper setup and a good manager that is trusted to get on with doing the job.”

“A section of Ipswich fans have had it in for McCarthy from the off but he's just one of those kind of managers whose style is often hard to take but most tolerate it when it's doing the job. He's just run out of steam now they all have a shelf life especially when there is no money to keep freshening things up.

“They want to be careful what they wish for though if they are still penniless as hard as it might be to watch that pragmatic style is what keeps poor teams out of danger.”

“Once Mick goes, they are most likely @#/?. Their squad is awful. They keep selling their best players and are given barely anything to reinvest (sound familiar?).

“Right now they're basically us, but with a decent manager. Terrible squad, no money, mountains of debt owed to the owner (who is nowhere to be seen), an unpopular manager and fans who are beginning to walk away rather than waste their lives watching turgid, boring football.”

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 11:36 - Jan 14 with 2265 viewsTractorCam

Thanks for sharing Harry, sounds like a very subdued atmosphere up there just like down here, it'll be a scrappy game seperated by 1 goal I reckon

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 11:48 - Jan 14 with 2155 viewsLankHenners

Thanks Harry, think both sets of fans seem confident of a pretty dull match lacking in quality.

Goes to show how Mick is seen in football - rightly respected and thought of highly but their comments about his shelf life could well be right. I disagree with them on the "awful" squad bit - we have a decent squad playing nowhere near their potential.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 12:15 - Jan 14 with 2020 viewsTractorWood

Cheers, Harry. Always useful to hear opposition thoughts.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 14:13 - Jan 14 with 1791 viewsMJallday

I think those last two statements really say something

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 14:50 - Jan 14 with 1725 views3_5_2

Christ.

Serious parallels there.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 1526 viewsMaySixth

Lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 23:19 - Jan 14 with 1342 viewsbournemouthblue

Blackburn Supporters’ Thoughts on Today’s Game…. on 22:51 - Jan 14 by MaySixth

Lol

They're in serious trouble aren't they?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024