Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiffer Moore 12:01 - Jan 16 with 2802 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I'll start by saying good luck to the guy, but there's one thing I don't get...

He's scored exactly the same amount of goals this season as a certain James Alabi in the National League. Remember him anyone? Alabi is 22, compared to Moore's 24. Both are physical, number 9 strikers.

Alabi supposedly wasn't good enough for us. What's the difference?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Keiffer Moore on 12:08 - Jan 16 with 2720 viewsJ2BLUE

Webster. Clark.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keiffer Moore on 12:09 - Jan 16 with 2701 viewsitfcjoe

Probably not a lot when it comes down to it - both were/are punts, both unlikely to work out.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keiffer Moore on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 2686 viewsBasuco

I would guess that this is why the contract is for 18 months rather than 2 or 3 years, he has been given this time to prove that he can step up and progress in football. Recognising that a lower league player can step up is not an exact science, some work out and some do not even with a vast experience in this. For every Shane Long or Jon Walters there are many who do not make the grade.
Keiffer Moore on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 2666 viewshoppy

Alabi has done it since being with us, not beforehand. Moore has shown that he knows where the goal is before we signed him, so obviously MM has thought him worth bringing in. Had it been the other way round, I'm sure he may well have thought Alabi was worth a punt.

Hope that helps a bit?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Keiffer Moore on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 2661 viewsGuthrum

Possibly Moore's experience at Championship level (10 starts, 10 off the bench, 4 goals).

Otherwise you'd have to ask the people who assessed them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keiffer Moore on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 2505 viewsmonty_radio

Keiffer Moore on 12:12 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

Possibly Moore's experience at Championship level (10 starts, 10 off the bench, 4 goals).

Otherwise you'd have to ask the people who assessed them.

I'm sure that's right. Perhaps someone even recalled that shot on the turn that hit the post for Yeovil against us, that someone posted the other day.

Accepting what others have said though, that he is a punt, Tony Currie, as asst manager at Dagenham, believes that there are many out there. Some of these seem already to be touted and priced up. This particular punt would be quiet enough on that bush telegraph to escape the attention of most clubs prepared to pay bigger money than us, even for their punts.

So is it a sign of how low down the food-chain we are being forced to feed, or, as Guthrum has offered as a possibility, was our assessment of him just cuter than others?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Keiffer Moore on 12:33 - Jan 16 with 2449 viewssoupytwist

Keiffer Moore on 12:29 - Jan 16 by monty_radio

I'm sure that's right. Perhaps someone even recalled that shot on the turn that hit the post for Yeovil against us, that someone posted the other day.

Accepting what others have said though, that he is a punt, Tony Currie, as asst manager at Dagenham, believes that there are many out there. Some of these seem already to be touted and priced up. This particular punt would be quiet enough on that bush telegraph to escape the attention of most clubs prepared to pay bigger money than us, even for their punts.

So is it a sign of how low down the food-chain we are being forced to feed, or, as Guthrum has offered as a possibility, was our assessment of him just cuter than others?

McCarthy specifically mentioned that shot when asked about Moore in his post match interview on Saturday.

Didn't do much to dispel the feeling that the first time we see anyone we end up signing is when they play against us in some capacity.
Keiffer Moore on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 2397 viewsSuperfrans

It's incredibly difficult to know how players will develop, and it may be that Alabi has improved more than expected when he was with us.

But, more relevantly, Alabi maybe a different player to Moore - 6 ft 1 vs 6 ft 5 for a start. He has also played 38 games since leaving us, which will inevitably have improved him as a player. Moore has over 130 games under his belt too - maybe he's more game-smart than Alabi is?

There are lots of possible reasons.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Keiffer Moore on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 2370 viewshoppy

Keiffer Moore on 12:10 - Jan 16 by Basuco

I would guess that this is why the contract is for 18 months rather than 2 or 3 years, he has been given this time to prove that he can step up and progress in football. Recognising that a lower league player can step up is not an exact science, some work out and some do not even with a vast experience in this. For every Shane Long or Jon Walters there are many who do not make the grade.

Similarly, JET has just extended his loan to Gillingham from QPR to the end of the season at the end of last week. He's Gillingham's top scorer with 11 goals this season. He got 24 goals in 82 appearances for Bristol City, and 3 in 12 appearances for QPR... Should we have kept him, just in case he had scored more for us and it had worked out better than he did?

Keiffer Moore on 12:39 - Jan 16 with 2356 viewsSuperfrans

Keiffer Moore on 12:29 - Jan 16 by monty_radio

I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything. Arsenal signed a kid from Hednesford for £40,000 a few weeks back. All clubs will be scouting around the divisions to see what's out there.

Keiffer Moore on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 2308 viewsitfcjoe

Keiffer Moore on 12:39 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything. Arsenal signed a kid from Hednesford for £40,000 a few weeks back. All clubs will be scouting around the divisions to see what's out there.

And the vast majority of these players won't work out - including Moore most likely.

For me the signing isn't really anything - nothing to get excited about, nothing to get upset about.....if he comes in and makes any impact that is great and more than we can expect. Fingers crossed he does well - but for the moment it is an extra body in the squad and nothing more.

Keiffer Moore on 12:43 - Jan 16 with 2292 viewsGuthrum

Keiffer Moore on 12:33 - Jan 16 by soupytwist

McCarthy specifically mentioned that shot when asked about Moore in his post match interview on Saturday.

Didn't do much to dispel the feeling that the first time we see anyone we end up signing is when they play against us in some capacity.

It's the best chance a Manager gets to watch other teams' players in action live, given he's virtually always busy on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

Keiffer Moore on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 2208 viewsSuperfrans

Keiffer Moore on 12:42 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

And the vast majority of these players won't work out - including Moore most likely.

For me the signing isn't really anything - nothing to get excited about, nothing to get upset about.....if he comes in and makes any impact that is great and more than we can expect. Fingers crossed he does well - but for the moment it is an extra body in the squad and nothing more.

Yup. The balance of probability is that Moore won't be the next Jamie Vardy. If there probability was higher, we'd have signed dozens of these guys for peanuts, on the basis that one of them was bound to be a valuable asset to sell on.

And your second paragraph - agree 100%.

Keiffer Moore on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 2187 viewsitfcjoe

Keiffer Moore on 12:54 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

Yup. The balance of probability is that Moore won't be the next Jamie Vardy. If there probability was higher, we'd have signed dozens of these guys for peanuts, on the basis that one of them was bound to be a valuable asset to sell on.

And your second paragraph - agree 100%.

And if he was likely to be the next Vardy he'd be costing the £1m that he did rather than the £10k that Moore is.....!

Keiffer Moore on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 2172 viewsSuperfrans

Keiffer Moore on 12:43 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

It's the best chance a Manager gets to watch other teams' players in action live, given he's virtually always busy on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

Also Mick knows our defenders and their ability better than any other defenders in the league, because he sees them every day. If we sees a player giving them a difficult time, he's better informed about what they can cope with.

But it's also possible that he raised the shot against us because it would be a frame of reference most Town fans would know, given that many of us would also have been at the game.

Keiffer Moore on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 2147 viewsSWGF

Keiffer Moore on 12:42 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

He's done enough to warrant his own personalised blog...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Keiffer Moore on 13:05 - Jan 16 with 2106 viewsSteve_M

Keiffer Moore on 12:38 - Jan 16 by hoppy

Similarly, JET has just extended his loan to Gillingham from QPR to the end of the season at the end of last week. He's Gillingham's top scorer with 11 goals this season. He got 24 goals in 82 appearances for Bristol City, and 3 in 12 appearances for QPR... Should we have kept him, just in case he had scored more for us and it had worked out better than he did?

WED.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keiffer Moore on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 2074 viewsGuthrum

Keiffer Moore on 12:56 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

And if he was likely to be the next Vardy he'd be costing the £1m that he did rather than the £10k that Moore is.....!

Tho it can be difficult to tell how a player will perform if you put him in a higher-quality team, on better pitches, in front of larger crowds. The style and physicality can change at different levels of football (e.g. fitness and agility can become more important than pure strength - there's a reason Akinfenwa, with his fantastic goalscoring record, has never played higher than League One).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 13:09]

Keiffer Moore on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 2058 viewshoppy

Keiffer Moore on 13:05 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

WED.

?

Keiffer Moore on 13:17 - Jan 16 with 1972 viewsSteve_M

Keiffer Moore on 13:08 - Jan 16 by hoppy

?

I'm not sure anyone over 25 did ever find out what that meant did they?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keiffer Moore on 13:22 - Jan 16 with 1911 viewsSWGF

Keiffer Moore on 13:17 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

#clack

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Keiffer Moore on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 1804 viewshoppy

Keiffer Moore on 13:17 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

I know I certainly gave up on ever knowing.

Keiffer Moore on 15:49 - Jan 16 with 1578 viewsGarv

Thats a rather black and white, simple way of looking at it isn't it?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024