Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view 10:03 - Jan 25 with 4774 viewspablosturn

Spent this morning in a meeting with a knowledgeable and informed Leeds fan and asked him at the end about our exciting loan signing.

He told me he was immobile, slow on the ball, poor at passing and doesn't have a great deal of awareness or pace. He actually laughed when I said we had got him on loan.

Exciting times indeed, sounds exactly what we need, another player with no pace or creativity.

oh, he did say he is a big lump and is physical, sounds ideal for MM
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:06 - Jan 25 with 3891 viewsmaccyd9

To be fair, we need a presence in there.

We are getting bullied in the midfield 3 which is stopping Dozzell or the other creative one of the 3 to play.

I'd feel much more confident about getting more from Dozzell or Bish with a minder in there taking the kicks and giving us a platform to play off.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:08 - Jan 25 with 3839 viewsSwailsey

I'm hoping he'll have the same effect N'Daw had. He seems to have a similar playing style from what I've read.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:09 - Jan 25 with 3824 viewsLankHenners

Brentford fans said he had those qualities though, so he's either suddenly lost them or he's an inconsistent confidence player, which would be a problem when our own fans are doing their best to shred the confidence of every player at the club.

Seems to me the sort of midfielder who will add a bit of bite into the midfield. People have been complaining all season that Skuse and Douglas haven't been doing enough so an extra body in there shouldn't be cause for complaint.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:10 - Jan 25 with 3792 viewsKieran_Knows

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:09 - Jan 25 by LankHenners

Brentford fans said he had those qualities though, so he's either suddenly lost them or he's an inconsistent confidence player, which would be a problem when our own fans are doing their best to shred the confidence of every player at the club.

Seems to me the sort of midfielder who will add a bit of bite into the midfield. People have been complaining all season that Skuse and Douglas haven't been doing enough so an extra body in there shouldn't be cause for complaint.

Would be decent to get him in alongside Skuse, doing the dirty work, mopping up etc then letting Dozzell get on the ball and do his thing (as Maccy9 said).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:11 - Jan 25 with 3780 viewspablosturn

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:06 - Jan 25 by maccyd9

To be fair, we need a presence in there.

We are getting bullied in the midfield 3 which is stopping Dozzell or the other creative one of the 3 to play.

I'd feel much more confident about getting more from Dozzell or Bish with a minder in there taking the kicks and giving us a platform to play off.

A good way to look it I guess, I do agree we get bullied in there but just despair at getting Leeds rejects on loan.

If he cant pass and hold on to the ball then his "presence" is a waste of time any isn't it?

Oh, and I know youhavent said it but can people PLEASE stop telling me Bru is creative! lol
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:12 - Jan 25 with 3757 viewspablosturn

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:09 - Jan 25 by LankHenners

Well I'm pleased he used to have those qualities, that's the main thing. MM and his scouting network may have unearthed the new Douglas, cant wait.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 3604 viewstheipswichman

How many players have been written off by other clubs fans before they come here though? Celtic fans hated Murphy... we know how that turned out.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 3598 viewsOsborneOneNil

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:10 - Jan 25 by Kieran_Knows

Would be decent to get him in alongside Skuse, doing the dirty work, mopping up etc then letting Dozzell get on the ball and do his thing (as Maccy9 said).

No, have him in INSTEAD of Skuse.....
Login to get fewer ads

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 3418 viewsbraveblue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:10 - Jan 25 by Kieran_Knows

Be part of the back 6 or 7?

We need power and pace in there. Another slow player who is not good enough for another side in our division and who will take some time to get match fit is another poor signing.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 3408 viewsPilgrimblue

Pretty well what my Brentford friend said. Its seems that he was popular there but not up to their standard. Just imagine Skuglas and Dave, can't wait!
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:02 - Jan 25 with 3355 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:29 - Jan 25 by OsborneOneNil

No, have him in INSTEAD of Skuse.....

This one.

Skuse is too nice to make a tackle so Diagouraga should be a bit of improvement in terms of being in nuisance for an opposition.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 3319 viewsStenvict

So he's that big a Leeds fan that you had to tell him that one of their players had gone out on loan?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:08 - Jan 25 with 3295 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That's just an opinion though.

If you ask some of our fans, they'd say Skuse is sh1t so that proves how a good player can be rated so low by some fans. Diagouraga could be the same.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:10 - Jan 25 with 3273 viewsOsborneOneNil

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:08 - Jan 25 by The_Romford_Blue

That's just an opinion though.

If you ask some of our fans, they'd say Skuse is sh1t so that proves how a good player can be rated so low by some fans. Diagouraga could be the same.

Not sh1t, but he's bang average, at best. If this new guy has limited passing ability, like Skuse, then hopefully he is more of a menace and can be our defensive midfielder who can actually contribute.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 3212 viewsLankHenners

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:02 - Jan 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

This one.

Skuse is too nice to make a tackle so Diagouraga should be a bit of improvement in terms of being in nuisance for an opposition.

Don't make things up. Complain all you want about him not contributing to the attacking part of the game (even though that argument is fundamentally flawed) but his defensive record in this league is more than sound.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:32 - Jan 25 with 3151 viewsartsbossbeard

Call me controversial, but I'm going to save judgement until I've seen him in a Town shirt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:38 - Jan 25 with 3113 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:12 - Jan 25 by pablosturn

Well I'm pleased he used to have those qualities, that's the main thing. MM and his scouting network may have unearthed the new Douglas, cant wait.

Good to see you haven't made your mind up already

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:42 - Jan 25 with 3080 viewsBasuco

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:32 - Jan 25 by artsbossbeard

Call me controversial, but I'm going to save judgement until I've seen him in a Town shirt.

This is not the TWTD way so please stop posting sensible comments.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:51 - Jan 25 with 3038 viewsPilgrimblue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:20 - Jan 25 by LankHenners

Don't make things up. Complain all you want about him not contributing to the attacking part of the game (even though that argument is fundamentally flawed) but his defensive record in this league is more than sound.

That's the problem Henners. He's really a defender (probably as good as the current CBs) and does his best work around our penalty area. He's reluctant to join attacks as he then gets stranded as hasn't got pace to get back. Thats why both he and Dougy are both loitering in centre circle when team attack. It would be a plus if Dave can bring more strength and presence as neither Skuse nor Douglas are ball winners
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 3010 viewsIpswich_Loyal

Can't be that informed if he's only just found out this morning he's left on loan.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:56 - Jan 25 with 2987 viewsPJH

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:51 - Jan 25 by Pilgrimblue

That's the problem Henners. He's really a defender (probably as good as the current CBs) and does his best work around our penalty area. He's reluctant to join attacks as he then gets stranded as hasn't got pace to get back. Thats why both he and Dougy are both loitering in centre circle when team attack. It would be a plus if Dave can bring more strength and presence as neither Skuse nor Douglas are ball winners

I think Skuse does a lot of his 'ball winning' by reading play and making interceptions although I do not agree with the inference that he cannot tackle.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 12:04 - Jan 25 with 2939 viewsjas0999

Seems to me he is an average player. No more no less. Better than Douglas.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 12:23 - Jan 25 with 2840 viewsmadmouse1959

Sounds like another player to join the treatment room ....Will he be here next season ? ..Why are not recruiting good young players being released from Premiership clubs ?

shampoo dave

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:10 - Jan 25 with 2665 viewsOsborneOneNil

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:56 - Jan 25 by PJH

I think Skuse does a lot of his 'ball winning' by reading play and making interceptions although I do not agree with the inference that he cannot tackle.

He loves to hide too, doesn't he. See Lincoln and Bristol City for just 2 recent examples. His tackling is average. His passing is average when side or back 5 yards, rubbish if over 10 yards and made forward.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:16 - Jan 25 with 2608 viewsPJH

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:10 - Jan 25 by OsborneOneNil

He loves to hide too, doesn't he. See Lincoln and Bristol City for just 2 recent examples. His tackling is average. His passing is average when side or back 5 yards, rubbish if over 10 yards and made forward.

or see Blackburn(of recent games)where he was outstanding.
He has not been consistently good this season unlike previous seasons I will admit.

I have said before that Cole Skuse seems to divide opinion on here more than any other current player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024