Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. 11:35 - Jan 27 with 2889 viewsmikeybloo88

"He came in and did really well. He impressed everyone. He was in the right place at the right time but he has not done it since though.

“That is my view. Football is all about opinions but it’s mine that counts here.

“I told him after the Lincoln game that he is not part of my plans here."

Mick's comments on Best.....pity it wasn't Evans talking about Mick.
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 11:49 - Jan 27 with 2824 viewsBenters

Indeed !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 11:59 - Jan 27 with 2793 viewsGuthrum

That's fine if you place all the emphasis on the last 13 months and compact everything that happened in the three years before that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 12:56 - Jan 27 with 2693 viewsmikeybloo88

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 11:59 - Jan 27 by Guthrum

That's fine if you place all the emphasis on the last 13 months and compact everything that happened in the three years before that.

I do...what's the point of emphasising what he did 3 years ago? I only care about the now and next season
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 2676 viewsStenvict

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 12:56 - Jan 27 by mikeybloo88

I do...what's the point of emphasising what he did 3 years ago? I only care about the now and next season

So I presume you won't be banging on about the Robson/Ramsey years anytime soon?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:26 - Jan 27 with 2618 viewsClausThomsen

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 11:59 - Jan 27 by Guthrum

Why 13 months? When he signed that new juicy contract?

I'd say 18 - ever since the playoff defeat and the Mings sale.
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:56 - Jan 27 with 2557 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:26 - Jan 27 by ClausThomsen

This time last year we were in the playoff places

Is that not good enough for you?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:07 - Jan 27 with 2529 viewsJosebadleg

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:56 - Jan 27 by The_Romford_Blue

It really doesn't matter where you are in the table in Jan. The performances have been average to damn embarrassing over the last 18 months

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 2530 viewsClausThomsen

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:56 - Jan 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Have you got the league table from this time last year? Where do you find that? I don't think we were in the playoff places much at all last season.

Since the playoffs MM's performance has snowballed in the wrong direction. To the point now it's a huge heap of thawing slush.
Login to get fewer ads

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:17 - Jan 27 with 2505 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:08 - Jan 27 by ClausThomsen

Have you got the league table from this time last year? Where do you find that? I don't think we were in the playoff places much at all last season.

Since the playoffs MM's performance has snowballed in the wrong direction. To the point now it's a huge heap of thawing slush.

We had dropped two places and a point outside as of a year ago today having been been fifth a couple of weeks beforehand. As a sidenote, when we won at Preston in the August we actually went top.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 2481 viewsClausThomsen

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:17 - Jan 27 by PhilTWTD

We had dropped two places and a point outside as of a year ago today having been been fifth a couple of weeks beforehand. As a sidenote, when we won at Preston in the August we actually went top.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/28932/birmingham-3-0-town--match-report

Just dropped outside, fair enough. Losing 3-0 to Birmingham having just been knocked out of the FA cup, outclassed over 2 legs by a team many leagues below us.

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:22 - Jan 27 with 2463 viewsCaptainObvious

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:17 - Jan 27 by PhilTWTD

even Roy Keane was top in August!

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:24 - Jan 27 with 2456 viewsCaptainObvious

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 13:26 - Jan 27 by ClausThomsen

24 months - between New Years Day 2015 and the playoff defeat in May we lost more games than we won.

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:27 - Jan 27 with 2434 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:22 - Jan 27 by CaptainObvious

even Roy Keane was top in August!

Was he? I don't recall ever hitting the top under RK. Thought the Boxing Day win at Brentford was the first time since Joe Royle's time in charge, although I could be wrong.
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:29 - Jan 27 with 2422 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:19 - Jan 27 by ClausThomsen

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/28932/birmingham-3-0-town--match-report

Just dropped outside, fair enough. Losing 3-0 to Birmingham having just been knocked out of the FA cup, outclassed over 2 legs by a team many leagues below us.

Very much the turning point of the season around then. The cup games against Portsmouth, the Birmingham game, which was the first away league defeat since the October and then the QPR game when Fraser and a number of others got injured.
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 2404 viewsClausThomsen

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:24 - Jan 27 by CaptainObvious

24 months - between New Years Day 2015 and the playoff defeat in May we lost more games than we won.

It's when he started chucking on all 4 strikers and they all ended up playing fullback that I noticed the cracks.

Since then it's crumbled.

We can't even create chances, just hoping Lawrence scores a worldy.

Pull the trigger Marcus
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:33 - Jan 27 with 2396 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:27 - Jan 27 by PhilTWTD

Was he? I don't recall ever hitting the top under RK. Thought the Boxing Day win at Brentford was the first time since Joe Royle's time in charge, although I could be wrong.

I think you're right.

After we beat Charlton on Sky to go 2nd in the table the reporter claims it is the highest we've been for 'x' amount of years, presumably under Joe Royle.

EDIT: Just watched it again and said it was our highest league position since September 2010.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:41]

Poll: Best Football Song

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:39 - Jan 27 with 2373 viewsITFC_Forever

Weren't we top after winning 3-0 away to Middlesbrough on the opening day of the season under Keane?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 2345 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:39 - Jan 27 by ITFC_Forever

Weren't we top after winning 3-0 away to Middlesbrough on the opening day of the season under Keane?

Just checked, 3-1 (think they scored at the end, but can't really remember) and we were third. Don't think it got any better from there!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2010-2011/table
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewsitfcjoe

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:33 - Jan 27 by RoyKeanesDog

I think you're right.

After we beat Charlton on Sky to go 2nd in the table the reporter claims it is the highest we've been for 'x' amount of years, presumably under Joe Royle.

EDIT: Just watched it again and said it was our highest league position since September 2010.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:41]

How can anyone not like Mick when he gave us memories like that?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:42 - Jan 27 with 2339 viewsCaptainObvious

welllll equal top on points on the last day of August 2010. my point was really that top after 4 or 5 games is just a run of form more than anything more meaningful.

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 2322 viewsKieran_Knows

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:41 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I still watch that goal and think that cross field ball from Ming's is better than the goal itself. Class.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:48 - Jan 27 with 2293 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:39 - Jan 27 by ITFC_Forever

We were top on the opening day the following year, however, when we won 3-0 at Bristol City under Paul Jewell.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2011-2012/table
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:48 - Jan 27 with 2294 viewsClausThomsen

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:41 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 2291 viewsPhilTWTD

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:42 - Jan 27 by CaptainObvious

welllll equal top on points on the last day of August 2010. my point was really that top after 4 or 5 games is just a run of form more than anything more meaningful.

I don't disagree with you and actually I didn't think we deserved to win at Preston. Brighton somewhat outclassed us in the following first-v-second clash down here, I thought.
Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 2266 viewsitfcjoe

Here you go Marcus, Mick's written your speech. on 14:48 - Jan 27 by ClausThomsen

I obviously enjoyed that game, but it was a clear one off whereas under Mick we had loads of great moments that year.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024