Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is MM back in favour with the majority? 08:11 - Jan 28 with 4605 viewstheinbetweener

Genuine question. Seems as though all is forgotten at Lincoln... Or is it a case of wait and see until the transfer window closes?
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:32 - Jan 28 with 3031 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think most, (me included), have realised that the big problem lies with ME rather than MM. Any change of manager now won't really change anything at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:34 - Jan 28 with 3021 viewsVaughan8

I think know because he is "assessing the situation the summer" people have just come to terms with the fact he is here until then.

However our run of games looks tough. It will be interesting I see where we are and how people feel after the Norwich games!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 9:35]
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 2994 viewscruncher

Hopefully he'll be gone in the summer .
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 2990 viewsMullet

Lincoln was a lot of lizard brain, over emotional reactions. If someone didn't see those problems already there's little hope for you to be blunt.

I can accept MM going at the end of the season, he's done a wonderful job here and given us our club back. ME is the man who has squandered that, the question is to what degree. I'd much rather Mick stayed and we had a Burley like dynasty with some funds to rebuild the team and have another go.

There's something about constant change that has harmed ITFC since admin and for me, it'd be nice to have some semblance of stability. Many must realise a lot of their frustrations and misgivings were wrong now.

You can't expect MM to be perfect and when like BFJ you tie a hand behind his back those mistakes are going to be more costly. Adding to the sense of frustration and expectation, some of which is his doing some which goes way back to Burley and Sheepy etc.

The main issue is people wanted a change in results. There seems to be a belief that comes by changing everything or at least a lot. I think we can see that for all the setbacks, there's enough bodies coming in to see out the season and start again. Whoever is in the dugout, should have the good graces of ME and us.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:44 - Jan 28 with 2937 viewsTractorWood

No not all. Football is bad, tactics are negative, unpragmatic and uncreative. Same players who struggle are started without a seconds hestitaion whilst youth are overlooked or peripherally used. Results, which is arguably his best quality have been well below average for a year. We got played off the park by a non league team home and away in the FA cup.

Evans plays a large role in funding our ambition so to a degree it is self fulfilling from years of under investment but to think MM has been without fault for the last year is misguided in my opinion. Needs to go but won't go until the summer so we are left in a vapid state of passive aggressive limbo.

I think it's ridiculous we've given him a transfer window when he is clearly manning an untenable role. So symptomatic of Evans' approach.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 9:48]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:45 - Jan 28 with 2934 viewsDubtractor

Not really, I still think his time is up, just don't see any value in banging on about it.

ME is a big part of the problem, but MM is plenty culpable too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 2877 viewsdirtyboy

A fair point made. It's not so much he's in favour, but it's clear now even moreso, that the budget he's working within has skewed even further and to be honest, he's not done too badly when you put it in perspective with the teams around us.

Clearly Evans doesn't have either the wherewithal for pushing on considerably but knows that until a suitable buyer comes along to take the club on, he has to hope he can at least keep it stable and produce some assets from the team to sell and maintain the status-quo.

He tried and failed, but as fans, we don't really have another option.

Some say gamble - he did that
Invest in youth - to be fair, as I understand, the academy has had some serious investment, but that takes a long time to filter through, perhaps we're seeing signs of it

Players fail all the time, we shouldn't be surprised if Moore, Rowe or Spence or Digby don't make it, but we will be suprised if one does, and it's certainly not an impossibility. Can one be worth a few million? Perhaps, then the expenditure on a few is less of a gamble on £3m on Hughill and he does a Leon Best. (Who should have done a better job than he has)

McCarthy did save this club, he did give us a shout of beating Norwich in the playoffs, but ultimately, fell short.

Losing Murphy was a huge blow, as was Mings when the replacement wasn't as good but it's not his fault those players don't get exchanged on a like for like basis.

There's some empathy there. And we as fans know where we stand for the remainder of the season. Time to pull up our socks and do what we can.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:58 - Jan 28 with 2826 viewstextbackup

Lincoln was unforgivable, this season sht.... but what's the point it getting myself worked up to want him out when the people that matter are completely fcking hopeless and can't see it?

It's weird because I want to end the season well, but I know if we do that he'll end up staying next year.... and it repeats again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:09 - Jan 28 with 2744 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

No way, still think he has to go but it seems we're stuck with him until the summer at least so we have to get on with it. Like someone else said we want the team to do well between now and the end of the season,but if that happens Mick will be here next season too. It's been said by many on here; I enjoy the day out with my brother and my daughter but the style of football leaves a lot to be desired.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:10 - Jan 28 with 2738 viewsbrogansnose

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:58 - Jan 28 by textbackup

Lincoln was unforgivable, this season sht.... but what's the point it getting myself worked up to want him out when the people that matter are completely fcking hopeless and can't see it?

It's weird because I want to end the season well, but I know if we do that he'll end up staying next year.... and it repeats again

He won't be here next season. In my book he wants to go and realises that his time is up and can't take the club any further and he's caretaking until Evans gets a replacement and saves himself a few quid in not paying off Mick and his staff. It'll be that mutual agreement thing. He's just doing operation 'Let's not get relegated.'

You've only got to read between the lines about him saying that he hopes to blood some of the young guns and get a more passing style. I would also be surprised if we spent serious money in this window and it'll be saved for the Summer and the new bloke. Micks not even batting off the comments put to him with his pi$$ing out the tent pi$$ing in anology and his body language to me seems pretty resigned and going through the motions.

Where that leaves us meanwhile I don't know and it feels like a bloody long way to the end of the season. To me the big question is who Evans gets in because if its one of the usual suspects then I'm out.

Mind you I could be talking rubbish but there you go...................
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:26 - Jan 28 with 2687 viewsClausThomsen

I like the look of all these signings he's made, but his constant shoehorning of Douglas, right up until our last fixture, smacks of a man who's been here too long and can't see the wood for the trees.

He's going to get till the end of the season it seems.

A shot on target against Preston would be a good start.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:28 - Jan 28 with 2652 viewsMullet

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:26 - Jan 28 by ClausThomsen

I like the look of all these signings he's made, but his constant shoehorning of Douglas, right up until our last fixture, smacks of a man who's been here too long and can't see the wood for the trees.

He's going to get till the end of the season it seems.

A shot on target against Preston would be a good start.

Or has no other options available as is the case. Bar the one a few clueless types abuse because he's 5th choice, old knackered and can only try these days.

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:30 - Jan 28 with 2623 viewsANNA3ROA

Yesss
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:41 - Jan 28 with 2559 viewsDolly2.0

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:39 - Jan 28 by Mullet

Lincoln was a lot of lizard brain, over emotional reactions. If someone didn't see those problems already there's little hope for you to be blunt.

I can accept MM going at the end of the season, he's done a wonderful job here and given us our club back. ME is the man who has squandered that, the question is to what degree. I'd much rather Mick stayed and we had a Burley like dynasty with some funds to rebuild the team and have another go.

There's something about constant change that has harmed ITFC since admin and for me, it'd be nice to have some semblance of stability. Many must realise a lot of their frustrations and misgivings were wrong now.

You can't expect MM to be perfect and when like BFJ you tie a hand behind his back those mistakes are going to be more costly. Adding to the sense of frustration and expectation, some of which is his doing some which goes way back to Burley and Sheepy etc.

The main issue is people wanted a change in results. There seems to be a belief that comes by changing everything or at least a lot. I think we can see that for all the setbacks, there's enough bodies coming in to see out the season and start again. Whoever is in the dugout, should have the good graces of ME and us.

There's nothing lizard brain about the reactions to losing to a non-league team for the first time in 60 years. It was an utter disgrace and you're out of order describing fellow long-suffering supporters thus.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:43 - Jan 28 with 2546 viewsClausThomsen

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:28 - Jan 28 by Mullet

Or has no other options available as is the case. Bar the one a few clueless types abuse because he's 5th choice, old knackered and can only try these days.

He had other options Saturday. He could have put Lawrence in the middle, given Dozzell another 15 minutes (half times the earliest he hauls someone off - think Hyam vs Brentford), even played one of the kids.

We were losing, Douglas coming on only compounds that.

Have you seen the stats of when Douglas plays compared to when he doesn't? Night and day. If a fan spots that trend, you can be sure the players have long ago. Yet the manager persists...

I wouldn't be surprised if MM starts him today!
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:44 - Jan 28 with 2534 viewsHappy2bBlue

Not with me in any way, shape or form. Mccarthy doesn't want to be here in my opinion but is too proud, arrogant and greedy to admit it and his failings. As a club we have one of the higher wage bills in the championship and consequently there is no excuse for the league position and horrible football we have had to endure after 4 years of him being in charge. Like many I have fallen out of love with the club and the direction it's going, On and off the pitch there is no buzz or passion and things need to change drastically to win people back, this has to start with a change of manager, a fresh start and more entertaining football.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:54 - Jan 28 with 2479 viewsMullet

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:41 - Jan 28 by Dolly2.0

There's nothing lizard brain about the reactions to losing to a non-league team for the first time in 60 years. It was an utter disgrace and you're out of order describing fellow long-suffering supporters thus.

Seems pretty obvious you don't know what "lizard brain" actually refers to. It's nothing to do with (a lack of) intelligence but the instinctive nature of the reaction.

People went way overboard immediately afterwards.

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:58 - Jan 28 with 2468 viewspatrickswell

I've gone off him. Dropping Emmanuel last week and the comments about Daryl Horgan - we won't sign a player because he won't displace the loanee we have, who we won't sign anyway, show that he's lost the plot.

These signings are smoke and mirrors - typical Marcus Evans cheapness and Mick won't freshen the team up with them. It'll be the same tired failures through to the end of the season. We might see Nydam, Webber etc "when we're safe". But with tissue paper Cole Skuse a fixture in the side and the experienced guys coming in all short of match fitness - you know they're going to feck up and be pathetic. We'll be looking over our shoulders all the way to May, because they don't have the gumption to do better.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:01 - Jan 28 with 2449 viewsMullet

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:58 - Jan 28 by patrickswell

I've gone off him. Dropping Emmanuel last week and the comments about Daryl Horgan - we won't sign a player because he won't displace the loanee we have, who we won't sign anyway, show that he's lost the plot.

These signings are smoke and mirrors - typical Marcus Evans cheapness and Mick won't freshen the team up with them. It'll be the same tired failures through to the end of the season. We might see Nydam, Webber etc "when we're safe". But with tissue paper Cole Skuse a fixture in the side and the experienced guys coming in all short of match fitness - you know they're going to feck up and be pathetic. We'll be looking over our shoulders all the way to May, because they don't have the gumption to do better.

An unfit Spence was an improvement on Emmanuel unfortunately. As much as I like to see our kids come through, the two FB's and Dozzell have been overhyped way too much this season.

As for Horgan maybe his wages/mate moving to the same club/ quality were the issue? I certainly think given we've signed Rowe now we'd have gone for Horgan if the deal was right.

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:02 - Jan 28 with 2447 viewsRegencyBlue

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 09:34 - Jan 28 by Vaughan8

I think know because he is "assessing the situation the summer" people have just come to terms with the fact he is here until then.

However our run of games looks tough. It will be interesting I see where we are and how people feel after the Norwich games!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 9:35]

Agreed!

For now he's here until the summer, unless of course there is another defeat of Lincoln type magnitude. Personally don't think he could survive that but time will tell.

I'm expecting an early announcement of his departure once the season is finished with a view on the clubs part to limit the damage as far as season ticket sales are concerned.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:02 - Jan 28 with 2439 viewsblueblood66

Hell no!
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:09 - Jan 28 with 2408 viewsDolly2.0

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 10:54 - Jan 28 by Mullet

Seems pretty obvious you don't know what "lizard brain" actually refers to. It's nothing to do with (a lack of) intelligence but the instinctive nature of the reaction.

People went way overboard immediately afterwards.

I didn't say anything about intelligence.

The reactions weren't "way overboard". They were entirely justified given it's an occurrence that hasn't happened in most of our lifetimes.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:13 - Jan 28 with 2370 viewsMullet

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:09 - Jan 28 by Dolly2.0

I didn't say anything about intelligence.

The reactions weren't "way overboard". They were entirely justified given it's an occurrence that hasn't happened in most of our lifetimes.

No one said you did. It was inference based on your mistake. There's only one of two possible conclusions you could have drawn from the phrase.

They were, and they weren't. You seem to be assuming I'm speaking about everyone and not the minority that as ever went too far with their choice of abuse towards MM and the players.

So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:14 - Jan 28 with 2371 viewsCaptMickMills

No why nothing has changed. Don't understand why people say ME is more to blame. He doesn't coach or select team but MM does. MM has had enough support from ME to play attacking entertaining football. Should not be outplayed by Lincoln. Teams like Barnsley and Huddersfield show it can be done. Would rather have ME than some nutcase foreign richer owner.
So is MM back in favour with the majority? on 11:15 - Jan 28 with 2364 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think in all honesty. Nothing will change therefor we just have to ride along and take what comes.

It may be sht. It may be good. But we are stuck with Mm and ME and nothing we say or do will change it.

Fans have voted with feet. Been vocal. Yet this has had no effect so we may aswell just take it on the chin and just game by game discuss a win or a loss and then look at the next game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024