Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... 20:19 - Jan 30 with 7789 viewsBackToRussia

depressing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 20:21]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:21 - Jan 30 with 4872 viewsTractorWood

Heard on the radio and almost choked. Not sure how he'll link up with Dave Edwards! He's looked decent the couple of times I've seen him. Benfica have a habit of doing great business, they sold Fabio Coentrao for €30m and then built a statue of the guy who oversaw the deal!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 20:23]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:22 - Jan 30 with 4865 viewsJ2BLUE

We are properly fecked aren't we? This has no end in sight. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Evans says he knows some people think his investment strategy has no chance of working...that's because it doesn't have any chance. We are going to be in this division forever unless we end up going down at some point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That's what happens when.... on 20:22 - Jan 30 with 4855 viewsBloots

....you let agents dictate which players clubs sign.

People like Mendes will literally be the death of the game.

Depressing indeed.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:22 - Jan 30 with 4848 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:21 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

Heard on the radio and almost choked. Not sure how he'll link up with Dave Edwards! He's looked decent the couple of times I've seen him. Benfica have a habit of doing great business, they sold Fabio Coentrao for €30m and then built a statue of the guy who oversaw the deal!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 20:23]

Looked very handy against Liverpool. Big pressure on Lambert next season though.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 4808 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:22 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

We are properly fecked aren't we? This has no end in sight. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Evans says he knows some people think his investment strategy has no chance of working...that's because it doesn't have any chance. We are going to be in this division forever unless we end up going down at some point.

I mean there is a middle ground between this level of spending and ours, but ME doesn't look like he is even willing to try.

Once bitten twice shy for him. Fookin Lee Martin.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:24 - Jan 30 with 4788 viewsWarkystache

One one player?

Is it the Siamese twins out of "Billy the Fish"?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:25 - Jan 30 with 4757 viewsTIB

And they'll still be dogsh*t...

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 4704 viewsFreddy

Crazy
Login to get fewer ads

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 4704 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:25 - Jan 30 by TIB

And they'll still be dogsh*t...

Are you sure? Looked alright against Liverpool.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 4696 viewsBarneycurley

How will the owner ever balance the books?

Poor soul. Marcus needs to ring him and tell him that he's got it all wrong - owning a club in this league is about damage limitation not ambition

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 4693 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil one one player... on 20:24 - Jan 30 by Warkystache

One one player?

Is it the Siamese twins out of "Billy the Fish"?

Yes.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:31 - Jan 30 with 4627 viewsnoggin

Seriously, how does that work within FFP?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:32 - Jan 30 with 4597 viewsitfcjoe

And we are signing players from non-league - an admirable strategy but are we now competing with clubs like Peterborough for signings?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:34 - Jan 30 with 4547 viewsbournemouthblue

The fees spent on players rarely equates to quality in fairness. Money does give you a better chance of success but you have to spend it right

In studies done, they concluded that wages tend to correspond with value but transfer fees do not. It could be why we tend to pay the wages but are reluctant on fees unless we are confident we are buying quality.

Magilton was good on a budget and hopeless with Evans extra investment, Keane's approach to signings was awful although he had a good eye for an up and coming young player (Colback, Townsend & Livermore all played Premiership football) and Jewell actually was a good wheeler dealer but no clue how to coach or get a team to defend. He signed so many attacking players but forgot totally about organising the defence.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:34 - Jan 30 with 4528 viewsWarkystache

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:31 - Jan 30 by noggin

Seriously, how does that work within FFP?

Basically, no-one gives a f*ck about FFP in this league. IF you happen to strengthen enough to go up, its worth approximately £200 million.

If you don't, well, you get a few hard looks from the top table at the annual EFL dinner.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:36 - Jan 30 with 4488 viewsgreyhound

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:32 - Jan 30 by itfcjoe

And we are signing players from non-league - an admirable strategy but are we now competing with clubs like Peterborough for signings?

This is a good point. I can't see us spending a penny for some time if we were to be relegated. We are nearly out of touch with some league two clubs. We're almost acting as a financial float each season to on league teams
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 4473 viewstractorboy1978

Or on loan/short term deal and if they look half decent they go somewhere more lucrative/better at the end of the season. Depressing.
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 4458 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:34 - Jan 30 by bournemouthblue

The fees spent on players rarely equates to quality in fairness. Money does give you a better chance of success but you have to spend it right

In studies done, they concluded that wages tend to correspond with value but transfer fees do not. It could be why we tend to pay the wages but are reluctant on fees unless we are confident we are buying quality.

Magilton was good on a budget and hopeless with Evans extra investment, Keane's approach to signings was awful although he had a good eye for an up and coming young player (Colback, Townsend & Livermore all played Premiership football) and Jewell actually was a good wheeler dealer but no clue how to coach or get a team to defend. He signed so many attacking players but forgot totally about organising the defence.

Well, he is good enough for a team that plays in the CL - even as a squad player. I think that has to mean something.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:42 - Jan 30 with 4373 viewsElderGrizzly

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:37 - Jan 30 by BackToRussia

Well, he is good enough for a team that plays in the CL - even as a squad player. I think that has to mean something.

Yet his 'choice' of club is one in the Championship sitting in 18th

This is nothing but an agent's move & one who has fingers in multiple pies of various owners
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:45 - Jan 30 with 4305 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:42 - Jan 30 by ElderGrizzly

Yet his 'choice' of club is one in the Championship sitting in 18th

This is nothing but an agent's move & one who has fingers in multiple pies of various owners

No matter how cynical the inner workings are, he is likely a very good player at this level. I can't imagine Wolves will be down there for long.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:48 - Jan 30 with 4258 viewsElderGrizzly

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:45 - Jan 30 by BackToRussia

No matter how cynical the inner workings are, he is likely a very good player at this level. I can't imagine Wolves will be down there for long.

He's been there all season though on loan and they are still 18th

Wolves have spent £27m since the summer now, so certainly not holding back
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:50 - Jan 30 with 4226 viewsBackToRussia

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:48 - Jan 30 by ElderGrizzly

He's been there all season though on loan and they are still 18th

Wolves have spent £27m since the summer now, so certainly not holding back

First full season of this level of investment. Signs that Lambert is turning things around. Nothing is certain, but I'm afraid money usually talks.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:53 - Jan 30 with 4150 viewsElderGrizzly

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:50 - Jan 30 by BackToRussia

First full season of this level of investment. Signs that Lambert is turning things around. Nothing is certain, but I'm afraid money usually talks.

Agree it does. Could take 4 or 5 years of investment at that level like Derby and Brighton though. Depends if they have the patience to resist sacking each manager who fails.

Why i've repeatedly said, if Evans ever leaves, it will need investment of £100m over 5 years to compete
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 20:54]
Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:53 - Jan 30 with 4140 viewsIllinoisblue

I'd love it if we could unearth some of the gems Posh have uncovered in the last few years. If only...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wolves spending £13 mil on one player... on 20:56 - Jan 30 with 4065 viewsDeano69

Courtesy of Viz

Recreate the magic and excitement of the transfer deadline day by sitting in your staff canteen all day and wait until one minute before closing, then buy a Pot Noodle for £25.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024