Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When a new manager comes in... 07:48 - Feb 3 with 1034 viewswrightsrightglove

...whenever that may be. What would you want to hear from their first press conference? For me it would be along the lines of:
- I'm here to get us promoted and to win games but I also understand the fan's frustrations with the lack of entertainment recently. We'll be looking to entertain as well as win.
- I've been given a set budget by the owner, I'm happy with the budget and it is completely mine to do with as I please. I have responsibility for who comes in and who leaves, those decisions rest on my shoulders. A set percentage of any money we bring in through transfers goes straight into my transfer budget.
- We'll be looking to develop the group of talented young players here alongside the more experienced heads, the older players have a responsibility to develop the future of this club.
- We have a clear 3/5 year plan for the club which is being made public, there are set goals for each season which can be clearly assessed as to whether we have achieved them or not.
- We've held clear the air talks with all of the squad and the staff, they know what we expect and we know what their frustrations have been. This is a clean slate for everyone, team selection will be based on performance and training; no one is a guaranteed starter in my team.
When a new manager comes in... on 10:46 - Feb 3 with 973 viewsmanchego

"Hola, sorry for my poor English"
When a new manager comes in... on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 959 viewsSwansea_Blue

When a new manager comes in... on 10:46 - Feb 3 by manchego

"Hola, sorry for my poor English"

We're going to appoint a Geordie?

I'd quite someone to come in and say as little as possible. Just focus on the matter in hand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When a new manager comes in... on 11:19 - Feb 3 with 954 viewsLankHenners

"Great training facilities here, and I'll tell you what, someone did a good job on painting those turnstiles."

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When a new manager comes in... on 11:29 - Feb 3 with 920 viewsClausThomsen

I want him to say that he's going to "do whatsh besht for de cloob".
When a new manager comes in... on 12:40 - Feb 3 with 853 viewsmanchego

When a new manager comes in... on 11:29 - Feb 3 by ClausThomsen

I want him to say that he's going to "do whatsh besht for de cloob".

a drunk guy from Holland ?
When a new manager comes in... on 13:52 - Feb 3 with 813 viewsitfcjoe

The owners realised his strategy won't work so has committed to spending an extra £20m a year until we go up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When a new manager comes in... on 14:47 - Feb 3 with 765 viewstractaboy

'My favourite cheese is Suffolk Gold'
When a new manager comes in... on 14:52 - Feb 3 with 747 viewsfeelingblue

'You only have to look at the training facilities to know that this is a Premier League set up'

'Ipswich is a massive club'

'You get a sense of history as you walk around the corridors'

'I know that the fans have behaved like ignorant t0ssers to my predecessor and his players, so bollox to them, I'll do exactly what I think is right, not what they think is right'
Login to get fewer ads

When a new manager comes in... on 14:55 - Feb 3 with 741 viewsbontcho

This club needs to become part of the community again. I want to reconnect with the fans and people of Suffolk generally.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024