Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse ? 10:46 - Feb 5 with 9746 viewsjpring89

Would it be safe to say our midfield is better without him ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Skuse ? on 10:53 - Feb 5 with 5258 viewsBenters

Yes

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Skuse ? on 10:58 - Feb 5 with 5247 viewsMark

I think it is. He tries hard, wins some headers and sometimes makes excellent tackles, but he is 31-years-old next month, his passing is very poor, he isn't overly mobile, not very pacey and has only scored one goal in all his time here. Diagouraga looks a better option to me as the defensive midfielders, not that I should judge him on one game of course.
Skuse ? on 11:01 - Feb 5 with 5234 viewsWD19

In many respects he in under-appreciated, but I personally speaking the lack of leadership he provide tips it. He is too quiet and goes missing a little too often.
Skuse ? on 11:17 - Feb 5 with 5183 viewsBent_double

I think we need to see 3 or 4 games without him in midfield to be sure. Ideally going a couple of goals up in a game, then bring him on to protect that lead.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Skuse ? on 11:21 - Feb 5 with 5164 viewsTractorWood

He's very disciplined and pretty tidy but he doesn't impact games enough.

Also he doesn't get booked that often, which is sneakily difficult in his position. If he does it's normally to mitigate a dangerous counter.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 11:35]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Skuse ? on 11:31 - Feb 5 with 5122 viewsTaricco_Fan

Yes.

I can't fault Skuse for work rate and, to be fair, he's played ok in the last couple of games, but with Diagouraga, Huws and Ward in the middle we look so much better. These three offer more energy, creativity, more intelligent passing.

Skuse should have to earn his place back in the starting eleven, not be an automatic pick. We have better options now.
Skuse ? on 11:38 - Feb 5 with 5086 viewsPJH

Going forward yes,defending no.
Without him in there we are more forward thinking but also more vulnerable defensively.
Skuse ? on 11:40 - Feb 5 with 5074 viewswkj

I wouldn't say better, but more dynamic for sure. For my money Skuse is the sort of player you want on the bench to come on in a DMC role to help secure a result- however to start in games we need a creative push? Probably not

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse ? on 12:02 - Feb 5 with 5027 viewsfabian_illness

We haven't been able to split a defence for a few years, we relied on 'over the top' for someone, usually Murphy, to pull out of the air.
Yesterday we were splitting the defence for runners to get onto.
Ironically, our far from prolific strikers thrive on this type of play, Freddie and Pitman would be in absolute clover with balls like that.
Skuse ? on 12:22 - Feb 5 with 4961 viewsstrikalite

Overrated imo, doesn't even look like an athlete out there, never looks to take the ball and run into pockets of space with it, I know he holds but this has to be done at times, someone will cover, just gives it sideways, don't even think his touch is that good either....Lincoln away really highlighted this..

Hyam isn't much better, awful touch, can't pass...

We need better than these two now to move forwards..
Skuse ? on 12:24 - Feb 5 with 4942 viewsBenters

Skuse ? on 12:02 - Feb 5 by fabian_illness

We haven't been able to split a defence for a few years, we relied on 'over the top' for someone, usually Murphy, to pull out of the air.
Yesterday we were splitting the defence for runners to get onto.
Ironically, our far from prolific strikers thrive on this type of play, Freddie and Pitman would be in absolute clover with balls like that.

"Over the top" = "hoof" ?

Gentlybentley

Skuse ? on 12:37 - Feb 5 with 4907 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Safe? It is obvious and very clear that our midfield is better and quicker without him. People will realise that once he's left us.
Skuse ? on 12:38 - Feb 5 with 4894 viewsBenters

Skuse ? on 12:37 - Feb 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Safe? It is obvious and very clear that our midfield is better and quicker without him. People will realise that once he's left us.

Im not sure if your bestie from up t'north will ..

Gentlybentley

Skuse ? on 12:41 - Feb 5 with 4882 viewsbournemouthblue

I didn't think we started the game badly by any means

We were looking good with Skuse there also tbf but the real positive was that we remained strong in midfield with Skuse missing

That in itself is progress

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Skuse ? on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 4862 viewsLankHenners

If by "better" you mean "leaves gaps" then yes. The whole "we played faster" thing is daft - of course any team would play "faster" "attacking" football if they removed their defensive midfielders but that's so far away from the point you can't see it with binoculars.

If we had Skuse on the pitch we wouldn't have conceded that 1st goal yesterday - the position which Mutch picked the ball up was where he would have been to intercept.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse ? on 12:49 - Feb 5 with 4827 viewsfabian_illness

Skuse ? on 12:24 - Feb 5 by Benters

"Over the top" = "hoof" ?

'Pinpoint aerial ball tactics' is how I like to describe the managers ideas.
Let's keep things positive.
Skuse ? on 12:52 - Feb 5 with 4791 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Skuse ? on 12:45 - Feb 5 by LankHenners

If by "better" you mean "leaves gaps" then yes. The whole "we played faster" thing is daft - of course any team would play "faster" "attacking" football if they removed their defensive midfielders but that's so far away from the point you can't see it with binoculars.

If we had Skuse on the pitch we wouldn't have conceded that 1st goal yesterday - the position which Mutch picked the ball up was where he would have been to intercept.

Derby 1st goal? He could have intercepted. Their 2nd goal and he allows Baird to pass to Ince.
Huddersfield 1st goal a few days before no interception either.
Forest game too.

Countless examples.

Had it been Douglas people would have insulted him.
Skuse ? on 12:55 - Feb 5 with 4769 viewsGarv

Yes. We know how stubborn Mick is and one of his annoying habits is making players undroppable, and Skuse has somehow fallen into this bracket, despite being the heart of a side that has consistently conceded goals for over two years, and scoring one goal himself in his entire time with us.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Skuse ? on 12:59 - Feb 5 with 4747 viewsbournemouthblue

Skuse ? on 12:55 - Feb 5 by Garv

Yes. We know how stubborn Mick is and one of his annoying habits is making players undroppable, and Skuse has somehow fallen into this bracket, despite being the heart of a side that has consistently conceded goals for over two years, and scoring one goal himself in his entire time with us.

Skuse is what he is, I wouldn't hold him out as the problem by any means

When coupled with similarly inflexible team mate, it does make our football poorer

As a solid defensive screen, he is decent for sure

Diagouraga balances him out quite nicely

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Skuse ? on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 4731 viewsLankHenners

Skuse ? on 12:52 - Feb 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Derby 1st goal? He could have intercepted. Their 2nd goal and he allows Baird to pass to Ince.
Huddersfield 1st goal a few days before no interception either.
Forest game too.

Countless examples.

Had it been Douglas people would have insulted him.

As far as I'm aware Cole Skuse isn't responsible for the entire team's defensive capabilities. If you micro analysed every goal we conceded you could pin the blame on someone. He hasn't been in the best form recently, much like the rest of his teammates, but the scapegoating has gone into overdrive.

Funny how when he isn't on best form, we struggle. Just a thought.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse ? on 13:09 - Feb 5 with 4706 viewsfergalsharkey

Skuse ? on 11:17 - Feb 5 by Bent_double

I think we need to see 3 or 4 games without him in midfield to be sure. Ideally going a couple of goals up in a game, then bring him on to protect that lead.

What are you on bout?

If we go 1 goal up in a game we sit back and protect it even with him in he side.

Poll: Cook out?

Skuse ? on 14:43 - Feb 5 with 4545 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Yes, definitely.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Skuse ? on 14:45 - Feb 5 with 4530 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Skuse ? on 12:45 - Feb 5 by LankHenners

Cole Skuse's agent speaks....

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Skuse ? on 15:00 - Feb 5 with 4472 viewslazyblue

To be fair we started off the game pretty well with him in the team
Skuse ? on 15:34 - Feb 5 with 4410 viewsmadmouse1959

The team would be far better off without Skuse and Berra.

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024