Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Milne Interview 15:48 - Feb 5 with 6765 viewsDennyx4

Just got round to listening to the Life's a pitch interview.

Looks like he was there to spin statistics hoping nobody had any idea what he was talking about, and then let slip Marcus had a real good go for 3 years.

Not sure he has helped to appease fans and certainly has done nothing to help the case for Evans.

Anybody else listen, and think anything other than he appears out of his depth?
Ian Milne Interview on 16:39 - Feb 5 with 4349 viewsMark

There were a few interesting things Milne said, like Mick feeling down and Dozzell being lost when he came home against Huddersfield "bless him", and under lining this is Mick's team. On the one hand he was saying Marcus is backing Mick with funds, but on the other we have to keep to a budget. I believe Phil pointed out that the wage bill is the 17th highest in the Championship, so a manager needs to over perform to finish mid-table and if he under performs...relegation.
Ian Milne Interview on 16:53 - Feb 5 with 4284 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 16:39 - Feb 5 by Mark

There were a few interesting things Milne said, like Mick feeling down and Dozzell being lost when he came home against Huddersfield "bless him", and under lining this is Mick's team. On the one hand he was saying Marcus is backing Mick with funds, but on the other we have to keep to a budget. I believe Phil pointed out that the wage bill is the 17th highest in the Championship, so a manager needs to over perform to finish mid-table and if he under performs...relegation.

He did appear to blame MM a few times, stating squad was good enough for top 6, style of football etc. (Not sure we have a top 6 squad, even without injuries - but all a matter of opinion).

Reading between the lines, looked like hanging McCarthy out to dry, when McCarthy is usually quite tight lipped about any grievances he has with lack of funds from Evans.

He was quick to point out extra £1m in wages for the new 7 players. I assume he means for the entirity of their contracts, rather than this season (up to June)?

Just felt like a lot of spin.
Ian Milne Interview on 17:11 - Feb 5 with 4195 viewsnodge_blue

It does nothing to appease fans. Clearly his strategy now is to invest the minimum whilst keeping us afloat. Its not a vision I can buy into or excites me. He needs to move on. I'd rather the club was back in fans hands if we have an owner not putting money in.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Ian Milne Interview on 17:31 - Feb 5 with 4115 viewsTheBlueBarca

Ian Milne Interview on 16:53 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

He did appear to blame MM a few times, stating squad was good enough for top 6, style of football etc. (Not sure we have a top 6 squad, even without injuries - but all a matter of opinion).

Reading between the lines, looked like hanging McCarthy out to dry, when McCarthy is usually quite tight lipped about any grievances he has with lack of funds from Evans.

He was quick to point out extra £1m in wages for the new 7 players. I assume he means for the entirity of their contracts, rather than this season (up to June)?

"stating squad was good enough for top 6"

If thats honestly what Milne and Evans believe we are truly f'ked. Thats Hitler in the bunker style delusion.

Is there a transcript anywhere?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Ian Milne Interview on 17:33 - Feb 5 with 4082 viewsMark

Other than the two non-league lads, the signings were all short term so they must be on very high waves to come to £1M. It doesn't sound right to me.
Ian Milne Interview on 17:36 - Feb 5 with 4061 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 17:31 - Feb 5 by TheBlueBarca

"stating squad was good enough for top 6"

If thats honestly what Milne and Evans believe we are truly f'ked. Thats Hitler in the bunker style delusion.

Is there a transcript anywhere?

Haven't seen a transcript, but Gav posted a link to the interview - sticky at the top of the forum.
Ian Milne Interview on 17:37 - Feb 5 with 4057 viewschristiand

Ian Milne Interview on 17:11 - Feb 5 by nodge_blue

It does nothing to appease fans. Clearly his strategy now is to invest the minimum whilst keeping us afloat. Its not a vision I can buy into or excites me. He needs to move on. I'd rather the club was back in fans hands if we have an owner not putting money in.

I wish ME would sell the club, the decade of his ownership has been nothing short of disastrous. The fact now he is only willing to put in the bare minimum, really wants the point? I really hope that MM hangs them out to dry when he finally leaves. I think he has been more than decent in not resorting to mud slinging, but I think they deserve to be shopped for their lack of support. MM certainly hasn't helped himself with style of play, tactics and selections, but you can only do so much with your hands tied behind your back! ME and his cronies have really turned us in to a mediocre championship side both on and off the pitch.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ian Milne Interview on 18:20 - Feb 5 with 3910 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 17:33 - Feb 5 by Mark

Other than the two non-league lads, the signings were all short term so they must be on very high waves to come to £1M. It doesn't sound right to me.

If it is £1m this season - up to end of June (roughly 5 months).

Would equate to £200k per month - approx £50k per week.

I would not expect the wages of Rowe, Moore and Spence to come to more than £10k per week for the three - as two from non-league and 1 without any contract.

That would leave approx £40k per week for the other 4 (Taylor, Huws, Diagoraga & Samuel) - which would equate to £10k each - just doesnt sound right.

Obviously not in the know, but just feels too much.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Milne Interview on 18:21 - Feb 5 with 3899 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 17:37 - Feb 5 by christiand

I wish ME would sell the club, the decade of his ownership has been nothing short of disastrous. The fact now he is only willing to put in the bare minimum, really wants the point? I really hope that MM hangs them out to dry when he finally leaves. I think he has been more than decent in not resorting to mud slinging, but I think they deserve to be shopped for their lack of support. MM certainly hasn't helped himself with style of play, tactics and selections, but you can only do so much with your hands tied behind your back! ME and his cronies have really turned us in to a mediocre championship side both on and off the pitch.

Unfortunately to get any sort of buyer, Evans is going to have to write off some of his debt - just cant see him doing that.

Best hope we have is for him to sell part of the club to an investor, and hope between them we can raise enough funds to be competitive.
Ian Milne Interview on 18:32 - Feb 5 with 3846 viewsRegencyBlue

Ian Milne Interview on 18:21 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

Unfortunately to get any sort of buyer, Evans is going to have to write off some of his debt - just cant see him doing that.

Best hope we have is for him to sell part of the club to an investor, and hope between them we can raise enough funds to be competitive.

He's not going to recover any of the debt pursuing his current strategy that's for sure!
Ian Milne Interview on 18:36 - Feb 5 with 3809 viewsRegencyBlue

Was this the same Ian Milne who a few short weeks ago was saying MM wouldn't be shown the door whilst he ran the club?
Ian Milne Interview on 18:38 - Feb 5 with 3799 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 18:36 - Feb 5 by RegencyBlue

Was this the same Ian Milne who a few short weeks ago was saying MM wouldn't be shown the door whilst he ran the club?

Exactly the same.

He was also asked if he / Evans were going to leave in the summer if MM left, and he said "No here for long term".
Ian Milne Interview on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 3719 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 18:36 - Feb 5 by RegencyBlue

The self same. Mick needs to avoid going near any buses with Milne because he's trying to throw him under one. It came accross as an attempt to deflect everything on to Mick and away from Evans and himself.

Quite frankly, it looks as though Evans has put him in the Ipswich corner of his empire so he can't do any damage elsewhere. Can you imagine him answering questions about Olympic tickets in Brazil ?
Ian Milne Interview on 18:54 - Feb 5 with 3685 viewsRegencyBlue

Ian Milne Interview on 18:49 - Feb 5 by brogansnose

The self same. Mick needs to avoid going near any buses with Milne because he's trying to throw him under one. It came accross as an attempt to deflect everything on to Mick and away from Evans and himself.

Quite frankly, it looks as though Evans has put him in the Ipswich corner of his empire so he can't do any damage elsewhere. Can you imagine him answering questions about Olympic tickets in Brazil ?

I would like to think that once MM leaves in the summer he will tell all about the backing, or rather lack of it, he has had from the Evans regime.

Unfortunately I imagine to get a pay off he will have to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement so the truth will never come out!
Ian Milne Interview on 18:57 - Feb 5 with 3646 viewsbournemouthblue

Ian Milne Interview on 18:20 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

If it is £1m this season - up to end of June (roughly 5 months).

Would equate to £200k per month - approx £50k per week.

I would not expect the wages of Rowe, Moore and Spence to come to more than £10k per week for the three - as two from non-league and 1 without any contract.

That would leave approx £40k per week for the other 4 (Taylor, Huws, Diagoraga & Samuel) - which would equate to £10k each - just doesnt sound right.

Obviously not in the know, but just feels too much.

That would add up to an average over about 7 and a bit thousand a week

That can't be far short of the average wage at Championship level nowadays?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ian Milne Interview on 19:03 - Feb 5 with 3625 viewsWD19

Based on what everyone has been saying I decided it might be best not to bother listening....but I buckled. Wish I hadn't. Christ. What a tool. If you were being generous you would say he sounded like a hopeless buffoon. I'm practically speechless. Worried too.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:03 - Feb 5 with 3620 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 18:54 - Feb 5 by RegencyBlue

I would like to think that once MM leaves in the summer he will tell all about the backing, or rather lack of it, he has had from the Evans regime.

Unfortunately I imagine to get a pay off he will have to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement so the truth will never come out!

Quite possibly. If he goes in the Summer then I think that he is due a years worth of wages anyway and Micks stock in the wider world of football remains high. He's been a very loyal servant to Evans and has basically fronted this part of his business and took a lot of the flak that perhaps wasn't his to take. The cracks are now appearing with his interview and alos that of Chambers.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:03 - Feb 5 with 3610 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 18:57 - Feb 5 by bournemouthblue

That would add up to an average over about 7 and a bit thousand a week

That can't be far short of the average wage at Championship level nowadays?

You may have a point.

Not sure what our highest earner is on, but could possibly see Diagouraga and Taylor commanding a higher wage than the other five.

On the other hand, you wouldn't expect to pay the average championship wage to recruits from non-league?

Maybe the £1m is right, just felt higher than I expected we would be paying for the signings made.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:09 - Feb 5 with 3578 viewsjas0999

Did he however mention the wages saved by selling Murphy? Amazing how often he forgets about that. All those wages from September until end of January.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:22 - Feb 5 with 3521 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 18:49 - Feb 5 by brogansnose

Milne answering questions on the Olympic tickets in Brazil, would be like watching an episode of Fawlty Towers with Manuel played by Milne.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:27 - Feb 5 with 3491 viewsElderGrizzly

Ian Milne Interview on 19:09 - Feb 5 by jas0999

Did he however mention the wages saved by selling Murphy? Amazing how often he forgets about that. All those wages from September until end of January.

About £200k i'd guess as his basic wage across 4 months.

He also said Lawrence, Williams and Best were costing us £2m over the season, so swings and roundabouts i guess.

As has been covered multiple times, the money never leaves the club. We just don't have the money people want us to have and Evans isn't adding the extra on top anymore.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:31 - Feb 5 with 3449 viewstractorboy1978

How can he say this squad is good enough to be in and around the top 6? He can't believe that surely.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:37 - Feb 5 with 3389 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 19:27 - Feb 5 by ElderGrizzly

He also said Lawrence, Williams and Best were costing us £2m over the season, so swings and roundabouts i guess.

As has been covered multiple times, the money never leaves the club. We just don't have the money people want us to have and Evans isn't adding the extra on top anymore.

That's fine, if he doesn't want to add more money in and indeed Milne hinted that wages would be cut further. They clearly think that the 5 point plan, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it wasn't cobbled together at the AGM, but do you think it will get us promoted so that Evans can stop losing £6-8 million a year ? Or is he not bothered about losing this amount of money and if so how long is he prepared to continue losing it ?
Ian Milne Interview on 19:38 - Feb 5 with 3388 viewsoldbluestu

Precisely, Williams wages would be much greater than Murphy. Reports are Williams on 25k-30k a week at CP (not sure if we're paying all that) which was much higher than Murphy's
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 19:38]
Ian Milne Interview on 19:39 - Feb 5 with 3379 viewsDennyx4

So possibly £500k in wages (Murphy) saved for the season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024