Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education 06:44 - Feb 7 with 1490 viewsdickie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 06:48 - Feb 7 with 1474 viewspowinswitch

This was done yesterday. What is your take on it?
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 07:54 - Feb 7 with 1428 viewsTractorWood

Missed this yesterday. 'This powerful link to educational attainment could stem from the lower qualified tending to feel less confident about their prospects and ability to compete for work in a competitive globalised economy with high levels of migration'. Is a pretty brutal assessment but must have even a subconscious truth to it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 08:15 - Feb 7 with 1396 viewsbournemouthblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 07:54 - Feb 7 by TractorWood

Missed this yesterday. 'This powerful link to educational attainment could stem from the lower qualified tending to feel less confident about their prospects and ability to compete for work in a competitive globalised economy with high levels of migration'. Is a pretty brutal assessment but must have even a subconscious truth to it.

People in particularly areas are concerned, in many cases naively

I have a work colleague who has mentioned the presources but it's interesting to note that in six years off operation, our company has not hired a single immigrants. They didn't stop him getting is job :p

We did have a 23 year old Portuguese lady apply for one of our roles, one of the directors was keen but sadly we had a lot of decent candidates

It's very much a perception issue imho. In many cases migrants help to prop up industries which we take for granted.

Are modern migration numbers simply down to living in a more globalised world because of the internet?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:14 - Feb 7 with 1329 viewsNo9

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 08:15 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

I have a work colleague who has mentioned the presources but it's interesting to note that in six years off operation, our company has not hired a single immigrants. They didn't stop him getting is job :p

We did have a 23 year old Portuguese lady apply for one of our roles, one of the directors was keen but sadly we had a lot of decent candidates

It's very much a perception issue imho. In many cases migrants help to prop up industries which we take for granted.

Are modern migration numbers simply down to living in a more globalised world because of the internet?

It is quite strange that the right wing soy both that their policies have brought unemployment down to the lowest levels for about 10 years @ circa 5% and at the same time blame low wages and British people not being able to get jobs on immigration.
Somehow the two don't add up
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:22 - Feb 7 with 1316 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 08:15 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

So, are you sad that there were qualified British people, or would you rather have given the job to somebody from abroad just because they are?
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:23 - Feb 7 with 1312 viewspickles110564

We are leaving! :o)
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:39 - Feb 7 with 1296 viewsNo9

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:23 - Feb 7 by pickles110564

We are leaving! :o)

So you don't understand the OP?
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:56 - Feb 7 with 1259 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:39 - Feb 7 by No9

So you don't understand the OP?

So, as i said on the thread yesterday, The intelligent people who said vote remain or we will go into recession and the country will fall to pieces were right, and the unintelligent who voted remain who maybe realised this wouldn`t happen were wrong then. why have the intelligent ones have to come out and say they were wrong?
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:04 - Feb 7 with 1248 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:56 - Feb 7 by tiptreeblue

So, as i said on the thread yesterday, The intelligent people who said vote remain or we will go into recession and the country will fall to pieces were right, and the unintelligent who voted remain who maybe realised this wouldn`t happen were wrong then. why have the intelligent ones have to come out and say they were wrong?

I see those very clever people at PricewaterhouseCoopers, who last year wrote the a report claiming Brexit would cause a “serious economic shock”, costing £100 billion and 1 million jobs, have today performed a complete u-turn and are now claiming Brexit will see Britain enjoy GDP growth faster than any other major advanced economy in the world over the next three decades. They say GDP growth will outstrip the US, Canada, France and Germany with average annual rate of 1.9%.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:11 - Feb 7 with 1240 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:04 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

I see those very clever people at PricewaterhouseCoopers, who last year wrote the a report claiming Brexit would cause a “serious economic shock”, costing £100 billion and 1 million jobs, have today performed a complete u-turn and are now claiming Brexit will see Britain enjoy GDP growth faster than any other major advanced economy in the world over the next three decades. They say GDP growth will outstrip the US, Canada, France and Germany with average annual rate of 1.9%.

i`m sure the remainers will say it is fake news but heyho they know best
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:51 - Feb 7 with 1201 viewsNo9

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 10:56 - Feb 7 by tiptreeblue

Er, we haven't left yet and the negotiation to leave have not commenced.
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:53 - Feb 7 with 1195 viewsNo9

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:04 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

Please enlighten us - when are they right?
Is it when they provide a story that you approve of?

How much was guess work & how much is still guess work?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/05/ken-clarke-on-brexit-ive-never-

Would you say Ken Clarke is entirely wrong?
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 13:41 - Feb 7 with 1130 viewsBOjK

I'll bet you a pound to a penny the PWC report you are paraphrasing was significantly more nuanced than you are suggesting.

Edit: Yup. The report is nothing like you've suggested. You've cherry-picked the worst numbers, removed the caveats and assumed all the worst-case scenarios. http://www.pwc.co.uk/economic-services/assets/leaving-the-eu-implications-for-th
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 13:47]

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 13:47 - Feb 7 with 1111 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 11:51 - Feb 7 by No9

Er, we haven't left yet and the negotiation to leave have not commenced.

errr, but they said we would go straight into a recession, which they have come out and said they were wrong, it`s got nothing to do with negotiations in the future
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 16:48 - Feb 7 with 1046 viewsNo9

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 13:47 - Feb 7 by tiptreeblue

errr, but they said we would go straight into a recession, which they have come out and said they were wrong, it`s got nothing to do with negotiations in the future

Maybe the large amount of money pumped in by Q.E. had something to do with that =Actions by Gov B.oE ?

You don't think the future is important?

We live on an Island that relies on Europe for a great majority of our - Food, energy, fuel and components / materials to keep our manufacturing going & you don't think the future is important?

We can't even make our own electricity - some comes by cable from Holland & France and what is generated here is done by Non UK companies & you think none of this is important????
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 16:52 - Feb 7 with 1042 viewsTollycobbold

People who have already saddled themselves with crippling debt are voting to stay in a system of crippling debt. And they say Stockholm Syndrome is a fallacy.
Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 17:29 - Feb 7 with 1022 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting reading about Brexit demography and education on 16:48 - Feb 7 by No9

Maybe the large amount of money pumped in by Q.E. had something to do with that =Actions by Gov B.oE ?

You don't think the future is important?

We live on an Island that relies on Europe for a great majority of our - Food, energy, fuel and components / materials to keep our manufacturing going & you don't think the future is important?

We can't even make our own electricity - some comes by cable from Holland & France and what is generated here is done by Non UK companies & you think none of this is important????

of course the future is important, i have never denied that, and of course we will deal with Europe. We will lose out on some things and gain on others, but, we now have more countries lining up to do deals with us already which will benefit us all. the old saying of never put your eggs in one basket is true still today as it always has.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024