Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know what The Sun wrote was awful 16:36 - Feb 10 with 3070 viewsMattinLondon

Just seems like odd timing to ban its journalists from Anfield - I would have thought that it would have been most closer to when it happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-38933817
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:48 - Feb 10 with 2114 viewsartsbossbeard

But they'll still let in Murdoch's Sky cameras...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:52 - Feb 10 with 2088 viewsSwailsey

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:48 - Feb 10 by artsbossbeard

Was he there at the time of Hillsborough? If so, it does seem a bit odd. Unless they contractually have to allow Sky in - i.e. other clubs would be affected as they wouldn't get TV rights?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:53 - Feb 10 with 2081 viewsbluelagos

Yep, should have happened years ago. Many people feel Liverpool FC has been very marginal in their efforts to fight for justice.

More recently, after the jury found that many of the police lied through their teeth for 27 years in trying to deflect blame for their own failings, new campaigners have picked up the fight ref the long-standing boycott of the S*n on Merseyside.

The failure of LFC to adequately support the campaign has long been a bone of contention for many campaigners but today's news has been welcomed by everyone in the various groups that I know.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 16:59]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:56 - Feb 10 with 2050 viewsartsbossbeard

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:52 - Feb 10 by Swailsey

Was he there at the time of Hillsborough? If so, it does seem a bit odd. Unless they contractually have to allow Sky in - i.e. other clubs would be affected as they wouldn't get TV rights?

That's a fair point, the knock on effect to the other club. Hadn't thought about it from that angle.

I can understand the sentiment but it seems much, much too late now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:56 - Feb 10 with 2028 viewsbluelagos

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:52 - Feb 10 by Swailsey

Dont think they have much choice.

Murdoch was (and still is) owner of the S*n and many campaigners don't take sky products because of that. But the boycott has only ever targeted the S*n newspaper.

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:58 - Feb 10 with 2001 viewsSwailsey

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:56 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

Dont think they have much choice.

Murdoch was (and still is) owner of the S*n and many campaigners don't take sky products because of that. But the boycott has only ever targeted the S*n newspaper.

Ah ok, thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:59 - Feb 10 with 1995 viewsMaySixth

30% of the Liverpool population visit the Sun website

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:59 - Feb 10 with 1986 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:56 - Feb 10 by artsbossbeard

That's a fair point, the knock on effect to the other club. Hadn't thought about it from that angle.

I can understand the sentiment but it seems much, much too late now.

I'm not sure it's ever too late to do the right thing.
Some things cut very, very deep.
I think much of it was born out of a fear of the tabloids and the hateful bile that they spew out every day of the week. Luckily that fear is slowly eroding.

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Login to get fewer ads

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:00 - Feb 10 with 1952 viewsPJH

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:53 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

Yep, should have happened years ago. Many people feel Liverpool FC has been very marginal in their efforts to fight for justice.

More recently, after the jury found that many of the police lied through their teeth for 27 years in trying to deflect blame for their own failings, new campaigners have picked up the fight ref the long-standing boycott of the S*n on Merseyside.

The failure of LFC to adequately support the campaign has long been a bone of contention for many campaigners but today's news has been welcomed by everyone in the various groups that I know.

I did not realise that Liverpool FC were not fully behind the campaign.
The Club and Kenny Dalglish in particular seemed very caring at the time of the funerals and beyond so I had just assumed that they (the Club) were with you all the way.
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:01 - Feb 10 with 1940 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:59 - Feb 10 by MaySixth

30% of the Liverpool population visit the Sun website

30% of TWTD readers visit WOTB.
I'm guessing, in both cases, it's to make fun of the t*ts.

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:08 - Feb 10 with 1899 viewsEastTownBlue

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:53 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

Perhaps backed up by Greame Souness having an exclusive interview with the S*n following his heart surgery during the time he was manager there. He admitted that he was wrong and but wasn't aware of the strength of feeling against that rag.
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:10 - Feb 10 with 1879 viewsoldbluestu

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 16:48 - Feb 10 by artsbossbeard

Does seem double standards, but I guess Sky pay money the 'The Sun' doesn't
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:12 - Feb 10 with 1865 viewsbluelagos

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:08 - Feb 10 by EastTownBlue

Perhaps backed up by Greame Souness having an exclusive interview with the S*n following his heart surgery during the time he was manager there. He admitted that he was wrong and but wasn't aware of the strength of feeling against that rag.

Yep, Souness dropped a massive bollox with that interview.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 17:17]

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:13 - Feb 10 with 1863 viewsgtsb1966

Do newsagents, supermarkets etc in Liverpool sell The Sun?
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 1854 viewsbluelagos

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:00 - Feb 10 by PJH

I did not realise that Liverpool FC were not fully behind the campaign.
The Club and Kenny Dalglish in particular seemed very caring at the time of the funerals and beyond so I had just assumed that they (the Club) were with you all the way.

The club never got in the way, but it never helped either. Individuals such as Dalglish and more recently Benitez were very supportive.

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:20 - Feb 10 with 1824 viewsbluelagos

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:13 - Feb 10 by gtsb1966

Do newsagents, supermarkets etc in Liverpool sell The Sun?

Many dont. There has been recent attempts to encourage more not to. Many others have not stocked it for coming up to 28 years now.

ShuntheS*n is the FB group (nowt to do with me)

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:22 - Feb 10 with 1796 viewsgtsb1966

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:20 - Feb 10 by bluelagos

Many dont. There has been recent attempts to encourage more not to. Many others have not stocked it for coming up to 28 years now.

ShuntheS*n is the FB group (nowt to do with me)

I'm surprised that those who do don't get threats, graffiti etc.
I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:41 - Feb 10 with 1752 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bad form by Liverpool.

The journalists now at The Sun had nothing to do with the reporting of 30 years ago.

Didn't The Sun also issue an apology (eventually?).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:23 - Feb 10 with 1666 viewsSteve_M

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 17:41 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bad form by Liverpool.

The journalists now at The Sun had nothing to do with the reporting of 30 years ago.

They still employ the odious Kelvin McKenzie so it's still relevant.

Begrudgingly and far too late.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:26 - Feb 10 with 1650 viewsbluelagos

https://mobile.twitter.com/HFSG_Official/status/830080415230787584

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:28 - Feb 10 with 1629 viewsvapour_trail

Bad form by Liverpool.

Irrelevant. The values of the sun today are consistent with the values of the sun in 1989. The writers know the score.

The apology from the paper was a PR stunt.

It is odd timing and does smack of a pr exercise by the owners but perhaps that is unduly harsh. It would be funny if other clubs showed solidarity and also banned the rag. The offending article attacked football fans in general, not just scousers, as part of thatchers broader attack on us all.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:37 - Feb 10 with 1570 viewsbluelagos

Bad form by Liverpool.

Kelvin Mackenzie still writes for the rag.

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:49 - Feb 10 with 1539 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:28 - Feb 10 by vapour_trail

Irrelevant. The values of the sun today are consistent with the values of the sun in 1989. The writers know the score.

The apology from the paper was a PR stunt.

It is odd timing and does smack of a pr exercise by the owners but perhaps that is unduly harsh. It would be funny if other clubs showed solidarity and also banned the rag. The offending article attacked football fans in general, not just scousers, as part of thatchers broader attack on us all.

"The offending article attacked football fans in general, not just scousers, as part of thatchers broader attack on us all."

There comes a time to move on, that was 30 years ago.

I commend the Justice for the 96 campaign and they fully deserved the verdicts, but it is time to move on now re The Sun.

In general Liverpool as a city dwells on the past a lot, but mainly as most of its good times have long gone in terms of being a world port, the focus of the music world and on top of the football world. None of those things now apply, and nothing has replaced them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 19:00 - Feb 10 with 1483 viewsbluelagos

Bad form by Liverpool.

Friend and fellow Pen 3 survivor Richie Greave's take on it.

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 19:03 - Feb 10 with 1460 viewsMVBlue

I know what The Sun wrote was awful on 18:49 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

"The offending article attacked football fans in general, not just scousers, as part of thatchers broader attack on us all."

There comes a time to move on, that was 30 years ago.

I commend the Justice for the 96 campaign and they fully deserved the verdicts, but it is time to move on now re The Sun.

In general Liverpool as a city dwells on the past a lot, but mainly as most of its good times have long gone in terms of being a world port, the focus of the music world and on top of the football world. None of those things now apply, and nothing has replaced them.

No, I agree with them banning the Sun. They ate gov prepeganda and spewed negative articld after negative articld about the club and its fans. They just ban them and move on. The Sun lied and ran a false information campaign against the club, they should be refused access.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024