Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" 12:31 - Feb 13 with 1356 viewschevblue

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:35 - Feb 13 with 1300 viewsKieran_Knows

Just how good is it to see a central midfielder busting a gut to get in to the box? As soon as McGoldrick picks up the ball, you can clearly see the first thought in Huws' mind is to get in the box to offer an option.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw a Town centre mid do that. Long may it continue for the rest of the season (and beyond)!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:35 - Feb 13 with 1296 viewsJohnhoz

There is something very beautiful about the way that Huws doesn't have to check his stride at all. And the finish looks a lot simpler than it actually is.

This could be the start of a new man crush.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:36 - Feb 13 with 1284 viewsKieran_Knows

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:35 - Feb 13 by Johnhoz

There is something very beautiful about the way that Huws doesn't have to check his stride at all. And the finish looks a lot simpler than it actually is.

This could be the start of a new man crush.

Great ball from McGoldrick as well.

Class is permanent.

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:37 - Feb 13 with 1273 viewshoppy

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:35 - Feb 13 by Kieran_Knows

Just how good is it to see a central midfielder busting a gut to get in to the box? As soon as McGoldrick picks up the ball, you can clearly see the first thought in Huws' mind is to get in the box to offer an option.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw a Town centre mid do that. Long may it continue for the rest of the season (and beyond)!

Probably Keith Andrews?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:39 - Feb 13 with 1259 viewsIllinoisblue

McGoldrick really does fantastically there. Top giffing mr chevblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:42 - Feb 13 with 1240 viewsSteve_M

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:37 - Feb 13 by hoppy

Probably Keith Andrews?

No, he never had the athleticism to burst into the box. A lot of his goals were from a bit further out.

Norris did actually run into the box during the one season he scored a lot of goals; one at Palace from some great hold up play by Pablo stands out. Wordsworth did it a couple of times too.

Miller obviously did it regularly in both spells, probably the last player to score regularly from midfield like that over more than one season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:46 - Feb 13 with 1221 viewsReuser_is_God

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:39 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

McGoldrick really does fantastically there. Top giffing mr chevblue

He does but the pass does take a nick off the defenders heel, otherwise it probably would've been an easy take for the keeper.

Not that it matters.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:47 - Feb 13 with 1213 viewsSuperfrans

The same instinct which made the goal for Tom Lawrence vs Reading too.

Really hope we can sign him in the summer...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:48 - Feb 13 with 1205 viewsReuser_is_God

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:42 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

No, he never had the athleticism to burst into the box. A lot of his goals were from a bit further out.

Norris did actually run into the box during the one season he scored a lot of goals; one at Palace from some great hold up play by Pablo stands out. Wordsworth did it a couple of times too.

Miller obviously did it regularly in both spells, probably the last player to score regularly from midfield like that over more than one season.

Miller & Pablo linked up superbly.

McG is very good at holding the ball/bringing others into play so I wonder how many more goals we'd scored over recent years had we had this drive from midfield previously.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:50 - Feb 13 with 1192 viewsKieran_Knows

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:47 - Feb 13 by Superfrans

The same instinct which made the goal for Tom Lawrence vs Reading too.

Really hope we can sign him in the summer...

Hope so, but again, would it depend on whether MM is here or not?

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 13:26 - Feb 13 with 1116 viewsGuthrum

McGoldrick managing to get that ball past the two players tracking him was an outstanding piece of skill.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 1083 viewsmanchego

It was almost Wark-ish
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 13:56 - Feb 13 with 1047 viewshoppy

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:42 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Fair comment, I couldn't actually remember how he got them, and you're probably right on Miller.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 14:22 - Feb 13 with 981 viewsPJH

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 13:39 - Feb 13 by manchego

It was almost Wark-ish

Yes,Warky was great at arriving at the right place at the right time.
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 976 viewsconnorscontract

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 12:37 - Feb 13 by hoppy

Probably Keith Andrews?

Bish? But the point still stands. Not a regular enough feature of Town's play over the last 10 years.

That was Wark-like, and there is no higher compliment possible.
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" on 16:01 - Feb 13 with 835 viewsClausThomsen

Easily £8 million when fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024