Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC's Worst Ever Player 10:22 - Feb 16 with 13306 viewsIpswich_Loyal

Hi all,

I have been tasked with writing a small article for FourFourTwo magazine about ITFC's worst ever player. Now, I have one or two ideas myself but I wanted to source the opinions of the ever reliable TWTD board members.

Thanks in advance!
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:58 - Feb 16 with 2689 viewsSwansea_Blue

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:53 - Feb 16 by Swailsey

Harsh on Nouble. Had a good attitude, just wasn't ultimately very good. Definitely showed more than Best/Ellington did as well - purely for the fact he scored goals!

It's the not being very good that gets him on my worse players list .

True about his attitude though, and yes he showed more than Best / Ellington. We're spoilt for choice in recent years sadly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:00 - Feb 16 with 2681 viewsSwailsey

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:58 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

It's the not being very good that gets him on my worse players list .

True about his attitude though, and yes he showed more than Best / Ellington. We're spoilt for choice in recent years sadly.

True!

I had forgotten all about Ellington. A 2 year contract? Madness.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:01 - Feb 16 with 2678 viewsGuthrum

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:57 - Feb 16 by Swailsey

I dunno about that...except for that one game, he was truly awful.

It was strange to see a player actually retire half way through a match..

The point I was making is that he was knackered afterwards, the injury finished him, not an innate lack of ability or application.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:05 - Feb 16 with 2666 viewshoppy

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:30 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Mark Fish.

His was by far the worst performance I've ever witnessed, but I'm not sure as he's the right choice for this accolade - he was only on loan, very unfit and shouldn't have even been thrust into playing like that. However, he wasn't our player, so to scoop the honour of being ITFC's worst player rather than performance, I think we need to look elsewhere. Personally, for someone who bizarrely played a fair amount of games despite being not very good, I would go for Graham Harbey or David Hill, with an honourable mention for Marco Holster, who didn't play as many games, but was still a bit rubbish.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:05 - Feb 16 with 2664 viewsGuthrum

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:57 - Feb 16 by Guru_of_Ipswich

I quite like Nouble just for the look on the faces of the oppo's when he was running full pelt at them!

and the fact that, they didn't know what he was going to do, we didn't know what he was going to do, and he sure the hell didn't know what he was going to do!

For me, it was his run drawing off a defender to let Edwards in for the last-minute goal away at Derby in April 2013.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:11 - Feb 16 with 2644 viewsLord_Lucan

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:05 - Feb 16 by hoppy

His was by far the worst performance I've ever witnessed, but I'm not sure as he's the right choice for this accolade - he was only on loan, very unfit and shouldn't have even been thrust into playing like that. However, he wasn't our player, so to scoop the honour of being ITFC's worst player rather than performance, I think we need to look elsewhere. Personally, for someone who bizarrely played a fair amount of games despite being not very good, I would go for Graham Harbey or David Hill, with an honourable mention for Marco Holster, who didn't play as many games, but was still a bit rubbish.

When Holster signed I was so excited to have another Dutchman that I drove a miniature RKD to Southend away for a friendly. I came out of the game reminding myself that Arnold Muhren had a slow start.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:13 - Feb 16 with 2627 viewsTractorCam

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:51 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. I'd put Nouble in there too, but realise some have a soft spot for him. I just thought he was a bumbling cart horse who carved out a bit of a career off the back of being bigger than other kids when he was a teenager.

I'd definitely put Nouble above those 2, as he was young and quite inexperienced, where as Best and Ellington have spent years in the prem. He was also a nice guy, not that this affects his playing ability.

No idea how Nouble started about 50 games for us however...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:14 - Feb 16 with 2622 viewshoppy

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:11 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

When Holster signed I was so excited to have another Dutchman that I drove a miniature RKD to Southend away for a friendly. I came out of the game reminding myself that Arnold Muhren had a slow start.

For similar reasons, I thought Cor Lems was going to be a decent Dutch signing...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:19 - Feb 16 with 2604 viewsStenvict

Pim Balkestein

Poll: What will be announced first?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:21 - Feb 16 with 2595 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

Jon Hallsworth?
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:24 - Feb 16 with 2587 viewsDaleyitfc

I think Stuart Slater by quite a large margin. If you consider loanees then it has to be Danny Simpson.
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:24 - Feb 16 with 2585 viewsFixed_It

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:30 - Feb 16 by RoyKeanesDog

Vermund Brekke-Skard or Adam Proudlock.

Please don't mention Douglas.

Skard. I know I am!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:36 - Feb 16 with 2558 viewsSmithy

Chris O'Donnell, no-one even runs him close.

Just ask Phil

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/may/03/footballfanzines.sport2

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 2537 viewstractordownsouth

Andy Marshall, even with Norwich connections aside.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:47 - Feb 16 with 2528 viewsSmithy

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:46 - Feb 16 by tractordownsouth

Andy Marshall, even with Norwich connections aside.

that's actually a very good shout

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:50 - Feb 16 with 2514 viewsBlue_Order

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 10:52 - Feb 16 by Guru_of_Ipswich

there's not many professional footballers that couldn't take a legal throw-in if their life depended on it!

step forward, Drissa Diallo!

Diallo and Santos were one of the great comedy duos.
on 11:54 - Feb 16 with 2507 views_

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:04 - Feb 16 with 2460 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Balint Bajner

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:07 - Feb 16 with 2448 viewsYallop

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:05 - Feb 16 by hoppy

Very harsh on David Hill. I remember seeing him man mark an his prime Neil Webb out of the game.
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:12 - Feb 16 with 2439 viewstheblueginger

Reo Coker on the basis of what we thought we were getting compared to reality.

George O'Callaghan did little apart from get sent off, whilst Rory Fallon, Ivar Ingimarsson and Drissa Diallo stick in my mind as awful.
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:33 - Feb 16 with 2405 viewsParmigiano

Jim Magilton...
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 2391 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 11:24 - Feb 16 by Daleyitfc

I think Stuart Slater by quite a large margin. If you consider loanees then it has to be Danny Simpson.

The Slater signing is incredible - to think we were paying 750k on a transfer over 20 years ago and now that would be seen as a big money signing for us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:41 - Feb 16 with 2377 viewsLord_Lucan

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:38 - Feb 16 by Illinoisblue

The Slater signing is incredible - to think we were paying 750k on a transfer over 20 years ago and now that would be seen as a big money signing for us.

And his Dad made it very clear that he thought he was too good for little ol Ipswich.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:46 - Feb 16 with 2351 viewsmaccyd9

Cameron Stewart?

Surprised he has evaded a mention so far.
ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 2336 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

ITFC's Worst Ever Player on 12:41 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

And his Dad made it very clear that he thought he was too good for little ol Ipswich.

Ironic considering he's from Subury
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024