Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Comparison 12:09 - Feb 21 with 1035 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Struck me that Huddersfield are in a similar position to us, no parachute payments, fairly small fan base, wealthy private individual as an owner who bankrolls c.£6m per season shortfall, low net spend on transfers.

Two interesting moves from Huddersfield;

Appointed a young manager with a fresh approach to how they play football.

Introduced cheap season tickets across the board in order to improve attendances and atmosphere.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-sell-11000-cut-1

Seems to be working pretty well.

Im pretty neutral on Mick, as I think he's done OK on a limited budget, but thought it was an interesting comparison.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Huddersfield Comparison on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 916 viewsbournemouthblue

with respect to Huddersfield, they've probably finished below us every season for about 20 years?

Whilst I commend their current efforts, they have little track record of being run particularly well

They're certainly a similar sized club potentially, I'd imagine their off field setup is a bit behind ours but a short period in the Premier League would quickly change that
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 13:51]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Huddersfield Comparison on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 898 viewsNo9

When thay came to PR this season I was imprssed by the workmanlike way Herr Wagner managed the game.
Huddersfield Comparison on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 848 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Huddersfield Comparison on 13:49 - Feb 21 by bournemouthblue

with respect to Huddersfield, they've probably finished below us every season for about 20 years?

Whilst I commend their current efforts, they have little track record of being run particularly well

They're certainly a similar sized club potentially, I'd imagine their off field setup is a bit behind ours but a short period in the Premier League would quickly change that
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 13:51]

I was concentrating on this seasons initiatives really.

Seems like the owner has really stepped up his efforts this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Huddersfield Comparison on 17:17 - Feb 21 with 702 viewsmonty_radio

Whatever the outcome of their recent efforts I think it's great to see a club trying to solve age-old problems with innovative solutions, even allowing for the fact that you'll get some of it wrong.

When things have gone gradually staler over a decade and more, apart from a few minor initiatives, our response is depressingly the same:

Losing money? - put in enough to tick over; don't paint things so often; put prices up; sell high, buy low; eliminate risk via loaning rather than outright purchase; let the food franchises in and leave them to charge what they like etc, etc.

Where has there been any concerted THOROUGHGOING attempt to involve the fans, the town and the wider business community?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Huddersfield Comparison on 17:24 - Feb 21 with 689 viewscruncher

I would love them to half price season tickets I wonder if the demand would sell 20 k plus I think it might not but it would bring back some decent atmosphere plus the cost of stewardship would go up and maybe police so I am unsure it would work but be good if they did.
Huddersfield Comparison on 17:35 - Feb 21 with 658 viewsBenters

Huddersfield Comparison on 17:17 - Feb 21 by monty_radio

Whatever the outcome of their recent efforts I think it's great to see a club trying to solve age-old problems with innovative solutions, even allowing for the fact that you'll get some of it wrong.

When things have gone gradually staler over a decade and more, apart from a few minor initiatives, our response is depressingly the same:

Losing money? - put in enough to tick over; don't paint things so often; put prices up; sell high, buy low; eliminate risk via loaning rather than outright purchase; let the food franchises in and leave them to charge what they like etc, etc.

Where has there been any concerted THOROUGHGOING attempt to involve the fans, the town and the wider business community?

Indeed

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Huddersfield Comparison on 19:08 - Feb 21 with 586 viewsbournemouthblue

Huddersfield Comparison on 17:17 - Feb 21 by monty_radio

We have taken a very Conservative approach really, the focus is on the playing side at the behest of the other elements of the club. That can of course yield greater income in the long run when done right.

There has been no real ambition to speculate to accumulate, that is for sure.

I do wonder how the club would be handled off the field if we reached the Premier League. Under Royle we were still being run as Premier League club, we are now being run as a lower quarter Championship Club imho.

We'd have to gear back up to being a medium sized club again.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024