Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NASA 09:27 - Feb 22 with 2818 viewsWadeyBlue

If NASA make some mega announcement about finding life on other planets etc., this afternoon or indeed at any point in the future, how will this affect religions ??

Discuss.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

NASA on 09:35 - Feb 22 with 1757 viewshoppy

Depends if they tell Donald Trump of their findings, and if so, anything could happen...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

NASA on 09:37 - Feb 22 with 1744 viewsfactual_blue

NASA on 09:35 - Feb 22 by hoppy

Depends if they tell Donald Trump of their findings, and if so, anything could happen...

And the key to knowing if they've anything to tell him is if the stationers nearest to NASA suddenly sells out of crayons......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NASA on 09:41 - Feb 22 with 1722 viewsDarth_Koont

I doubt it will change anything.

The vast majority of religions and their followers already can live with their faith and accept the evidence for evolution, origin of the universe etc.

The minority of fundamentalists just won't accept it. So no change there either.

Edit: And I think we can safely assume there is life on other planets. Indeed possibly on billions of them throughout the Universe.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 9:44]

Pronouns: He/Him

NASA on 09:43 - Feb 22 with 1710 viewsSamuelowen88

The fact that Trump believes NASA has made up global warming with the Russians, means if they did announce they found aliens (they haven't) he wouldn't believe them any way.

Poll: England v Wales Score

NASA on 09:44 - Feb 22 with 1708 viewsMattinLondon

Religion being religion will find a way to argue that aliens are part of gods plan - or whoever plan it might well be. Making it up as you go along - religion in a nutshell. Or they'll want to blow up the aliens home planet.
NASA on 09:46 - Feb 22 with 1688 viewsmanchego

In the same way dinosaur bones are he to "test us", they will find some ludicrous excuse.
Its a test, we are too feeble to understand his plan, it's a new place for us to live, it's fake, blah di blah ...
NASA on 09:46 - Feb 22 with 1682 viewsgiant_stow

NASA on 09:44 - Feb 22 by MattinLondon

Religion being religion will find a way to argue that aliens are part of gods plan - or whoever plan it might well be. Making it up as you go along - religion in a nutshell. Or they'll want to blow up the aliens home planet.

"Making it up as you go along"

You just described Humanity, not just religion. deep.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NASA on 09:54 - Feb 22 with 1639 viewsRadlett_blue

NASA on 09:44 - Feb 22 by MattinLondon

Bit like David Icke's reptilians.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

NASA on 09:58 - Feb 22 with 1623 viewsMattinLondon

NASA on 09:54 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

Bit like David Icke's reptilians.

Was it the Royal Family who were meant to be the reptiles?
NASA on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 1598 viewssparks

NASA on 09:41 - Feb 22 by Darth_Koont

I doubt it will change anything.

The vast majority of religions and their followers already can live with their faith and accept the evidence for evolution, origin of the universe etc.

The minority of fundamentalists just won't accept it. So no change there either.

Edit: And I think we can safely assume there is life on other planets. Indeed possibly on billions of them throughout the Universe.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 9:44]

Nearly 40% in the US don't accept evolution. ...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

NASA on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 1595 viewsRadlett_blue

NASA on 09:58 - Feb 22 by MattinLondon

Was it the Royal Family who were meant to be the reptiles?

According to Mr Icke, yes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

NASA on 10:10 - Feb 22 with 1577 viewsParmigiano

NASA on 10:02 - Feb 22 by sparks

Nearly 40% in the US don't accept evolution. ...

That's because they don't evolve.
NASA on 10:19 - Feb 22 with 1557 viewsfactual_blue

NASA on 09:46 - Feb 22 by manchego

In the same way dinosaur bones are he to "test us", they will find some ludicrous excuse.
Its a test, we are too feeble to understand his plan, it's a new place for us to live, it's fake, blah di blah ...

I learnt the other day of something called 'Providential History', which is supposed to show how the Christian God directs everything, and the USA is his instrument.

How that explains the 10,000+ years of human history before the USA I would imagine isn't addressed in this 'theory'.

NASA on 10:19 - Feb 22 with 1554 viewsDolly2.0

Cotty won't believe it.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

NASA on 10:21 - Feb 22 with 1542 viewsfactual_blue

NASA on 10:02 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

According to Mr Icke, yes.

There's a brilliant chapter in one of Jon Ronson's books where he describes a Jewish group in Canada discussing whether to protest at a book signing by Icke because they thought he was using 'reptiles' as a metaphor for the Jews.

After reviewing his writings and some debate, they conclude he genuinely meant reptiles.

NASA on 10:26 - Feb 22 with 1519 viewsDolly2.0

Is there something happening today I haven't heard of? Just looked at the BBC news site and I can't see anything there.

NASA on 10:28 - Feb 22 with 1508 viewsSamuelowen88

NASA on 10:26 - Feb 22 by Dolly2.0

Is there something happening today I haven't heard of? Just looked at the BBC news site and I can't see anything there.

announcement at 1 ESt (6pm GMT) from Nasa about exoplanets

Probably they have found a few in "goldilocks zone" possibly managed to detect water

NASA on 10:32 - Feb 22 with 1481 viewsDolly2.0

NASA on 10:28 - Feb 22 by Samuelowen88

announcement at 1 ESt (6pm GMT) from Nasa about exoplanets

Probably they have found a few in "goldilocks zone" possibly managed to detect water

Got a link to the story? Can't find it on BBC.

I love space, me.

NASA on 10:35 - Feb 22 with 1478 viewsSamuelowen88

NASA on 10:32 - Feb 22 by Dolly2.0

I love space, me.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-host-news-conference-on-discovery-bey

You can tell from the list of participants it isnt HUGE news. If it was Charles Bolden would be there.

NASA on 10:36 - Feb 22 with 1463 viewsfactual_blue

NASA on 10:32 - Feb 22 by Dolly2.0

I love space, me.

If you haven't had your briefing pack yet, you're not in the loop. Sorry.

NASA on 11:10 - Feb 22 with 1401 viewsMJallday

they cant event stick a decent 4k go pro on the space station, so them knowing with any sort of clarity whats on exoplanets several light years away , is unlikley

that said, i hope when (and its a when) they do announce theyve found life on other planets, all religeon will finally be consigned to the loony bin.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

NASA on 11:23 - Feb 22 with 1364 viewsgiant_stow

NASA on 11:10 - Feb 22 by MJallday

they cant event stick a decent 4k go pro on the space station, so them knowing with any sort of clarity whats on exoplanets several light years away , is unlikley

that said, i hope when (and its a when) they do announce theyve found life on other planets, all religeon will finally be consigned to the loony bin.

What if we received a radio transmission of some aliens singing kumbaya or something?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NASA on 11:25 - Feb 22 with 1355 viewsNo9

I am expecting Don to announce another planet has been discovoured and it is only inhabited by white middle class Americans who live on milk & honey
NASA on 11:29 - Feb 22 with 1352 viewsjeera

NASA on 11:23 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

What if we received a radio transmission of some aliens singing kumbaya or something?

Well assume they're Town fans?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

NASA on 11:31 - Feb 22 with 1334 viewsBenters

I think it will be wonderful !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024