Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magnificent girth... 20:18 - Feb 28 with 2444 viewsjimsymBLUE

Rahkeem Cornwall takes the great Dwaye Leverocks place as my favourite cricketer.
Bet the England boy's didn't 'sledge' him too much!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Magnificent girth... on 20:35 - Feb 28 with 2405 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quality! And proof that cricket is a pastime rather than a sport, albeit a noble and worthy one requiring skill and guile?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Magnificent girth... on 21:22 - Feb 28 with 2362 viewsvapour_trail

Magnificent girth... on 20:35 - Feb 28 by Swansea_Blue

Quality! And proof that cricket is a pastime rather than a sport, albeit a noble and worthy one requiring skill and guile?

By that token that fat pie munching feck from Sutton proves the same about football.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Magnificent girth... on 21:24 - Feb 28 with 2353 viewsbournemouthblue

Magnificent girth... on 20:35 - Feb 28 by Swansea_Blue

Don't they reckon a fast bowler gets through about 14km a day?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Magnificent girth... on 07:46 - Mar 2 with 2254 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Magnificent girth... on 21:24 - Feb 28 by bournemouthblue

If you are a fast bowler and bowl between 35-40 overs in a day you can complete a remarkable distance based on most run ups being 20- 30 yards, plus run off and covering the field, 6 times an over (without wides/no balls) plus your field work for the other overs etc, it is not uncommon for a fast bowler to complete a marathon during a test match.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Magnificent girth... on 08:55 - Mar 2 with 2222 viewsGeoffSentence

Magnificent girth... on 07:46 - Mar 2 by BaltachaFanClub

If you are a fast bowler and bowl between 35-40 overs in a day you can complete a remarkable distance based on most run ups being 20- 30 yards, plus run off and covering the field, 6 times an over (without wides/no balls) plus your field work for the other overs etc, it is not uncommon for a fast bowler to complete a marathon during a test match.

That bloke isn't a fast bowler then, I'd guess.

On reflection perhaps he is.

According to the the theory of relativity objects gain mass as they approach the speed of light. Given the mass he has gained he must be really,really quick.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Magnificent girth... on 13:12 - Mar 2 with 2182 viewsvapour_trail

Magnificent girth... on 08:55 - Mar 2 by GeoffSentence

That bloke isn't a fast bowler then, I'd guess.

On reflection perhaps he is.

According to the the theory of relativity objects gain mass as they approach the speed of light. Given the mass he has gained he must be really,really quick.

It's like playing mariokart on the snes.

Koopa and Toad seemed the quickest but if you were able to get Kong and the other one really tanking, they tore the field up.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Magnificent girth... on 20:01 - Mar 2 with 2113 viewsSwansea_Blue

Magnificent girth... on 21:24 - Feb 28 by bournemouthblue

I didn't know, but it seems they can cover about half a marathon a day at the top level - https://www.quora.com/How-much-distance-does-a-cricket-player-run-in-an-average-

I used to bowl medium pace at Uni, never really tired me out in the same way football did. But my first comment was slightly tongue in cheek anyway, although I doubt they hit the fitness heights a footballer, cyclist, swimmer, runner would. That's not the point though is it, as skill is a large part.

Puts hell of a lot of stress on the joints though. My old man was a decent level fast bowler and I remember him having trouble with his knees and back as a result, back when I was a nipper.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024