Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you deal with a member of staff who is overly anxious? 11:30 - Mar 17 with 808 viewsipswich78

Whilst I am not aware of anything 'clinically' wrong / diagnosed. This individual whilst very good at their work seems to act like a rabbit in the headlights whenever anything goes slightly wrong.. Or the route deviates from their daily task.

We're in an environment where the goalposts change quickly and that does bring pressure and stress. I really want to help out this individual in the best possible manner, but it's difficult to take the stress (in the loosest sense of the term) away from one individual and not the others.

We don't have an HR department either.

Any ideas? I really want to help this individual without being condescending or similar to them.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

How do you deal with a member of staff who is overly anxious? on 11:40 - Mar 17 with 762 viewsMJallday

we are in exactly the same situation

the way we handle it is regular communication and 1-2-1's. we make alllowances at a personal level (they can just go when they feel things are too much) and we dont give them things which are critical

the biggest problem youll have is resentment from other team members "why are they getting special treatment" etc...

theres no easy answer from that, aside from not employing them in the first place

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024