Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST Prices 13:40 - Mar 17 with 1008 views26_Paz

I'm going to ignore the 1.5% rise on the basis that we can all agree this is just ridiculous. Its wont even be economical. It will cause enough people to not renew to more than make up for any increased revenue from those that do.
Price rise aside what has really annoyed me is two things. Firstly, the change in senior price from 60-65. I kind of understand this but I think there should be an amnesty for people like my father who are currently between the two ages. The club say some 800 people fall into this category. On the basis that we have around 12,000 ST holders this is a disproportionately high number for a 5 year age range. I can only assume that the club has calculated that people in this age range tend to be relatively secure financially and has gambled that the majority will just swallow it. A dangerous assumption and a kick in the teeth for a large group of fans who have been loyal for a long time.
Second thing is the introduction of an 'Under 23' discount. I really don't see the need for this. A 23 year old is just as much of an adult as anyone. Encouraging younger fans is great if you serve them up good football, you'll get them hooked and then they'll pay adult prices in years to come, I get that. But doing this for 20-23 year olds? They'll know if they like football / support Ipswich or not, if they haven't been to a game by the time they're 20, I'd wager they're not football fans and are unlikely to be attracted to the game now. All this policy will do is give those aged 20-23 a cheap ticket at the expense of the aforementioned 60-65 year olds who have been loyal for years. Please don't think I'm some grumpy old man moaning about kids getting preferential treatment, I'm 30. This just seems like rewarding new comers at the expense of loyal fans ...

The Paz Man

ST Prices on 14:15 - Mar 17 with 942 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure the msjority of Chsmpionship clubs wait until you are 65 to give a concession suspect this is an alternative fact.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ST Prices on 14:35 - Mar 17 with 904 viewsSwansea_Blue

ST Prices on 14:15 - Mar 17 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure the msjority of Chsmpionship clubs wait until you are 65 to give a concession suspect this is an alternative fact.

First club that came to mind - Preston http://www.pnefc.net/tickets/season-tickets/

Senior citizens is at age 60. They are also introducing young adult category and scrapping student band.....

Prices look a lot cheaper too.

"Supporters who remain in the same age category as the 2015/16 season have had their pricing frozen at last season’s full prices and the bonus saving for Ambassadors is an added thank you to those who showed their loyalty during the seasons in League One.

In 2016/17 there will also be an extension of the young adult category. Juniors will be aged 16 or younger and young adults aged 17 to 21 inclusive. With this change there will no longer be a student category.

Senior citizens who have retained their Ambassador status will continue to enjoy the senior citizen rate from age 60. "

Then Fulham - seniors are over 65, also seem to be plenty of cheaper tickets.

I suspect there's a mix.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024