Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) 11:00 - Mar 18 with 1914 viewsmanningtreeblue

Ian
The way you run the club on behalf of the invisible man never fails to amaze me as the weeks go by

As you know I am a season ticket holder of 43 years since 1974/75 but I have been strongly considering whether I would bother renewing next year. With your announcement today, it looks like it will not take much deliberation

You are aware of my dissatisfaction at the way the club is limping along with little or no ambition so I will not go over old ground, however to summarise for those copied in:-
1. The club cares little or not at all for its loyal fanbase. I suggested at a public meeting 2 years ago you used the database to recognise long term season ticket holders and discount their tickets. You have ignored use of database other than to target fans in family area resulting in everyone in my car jacking their tickets in at end of last season

2. The club is so arrogantly ran that it believes there is no competition for supporters time or money. Wrong, a lot of other non footballing activities are more cost effective and more enjoyable in the local area

3. The supporters club spend too much time agreeing with everything you say rather than representing true supporter views. Same applies to BBC Suffolk aka Murphy & Wooler

4. The club is ran aimlessly by a no doubt great corporate guy (yourself) on behalf of an invisible man who spent a bit to start with and now it appears to be an expensive hobby he is no longer up for. I am convinced a lot of recent finance has been generated from transfers out or certainly a large proportion of

5. By raising prices on the back of dross football where we are always set up to match opposition whoever it might be, even non league & Division 2 opposition is really rubbing noses in it. Do you seriously think that the extra funds generated by the small rise (It is not the amount it is the principle) will exceed the funds lost by the droves of season tickets being cancelled. I don't think so

Well Ian, enjoy looking at the many empty seats next year. What the club needs to & should have done, take radical steps like Huddersfield & now Bradford in £160 odd pound season tickets and filling the ground. Extra generation of funds on catering & club shop etc , a full ground, the team responds to a fuller ground and happy days but as already summarised, you never learn

I put it out here, if I feel like this after remembering the glory years and am quite willing to pack it all in, there will be many more than me that won't even be hesitating

It is a great achievement to make me feel that I Don't care anymore what happens to my club

If Marcus and you care about the club, how about a face to face with a real supporter that will tell you how it is, albeit politely

Await your reply with interest

Graeme Brooke

http://www.adventuresofatractorboy.co.uk/
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:06 - Mar 18 with 1844 viewsMattBatt69

Excellent Graeme. Well done you. Very similar sentiments from me - 27 years and won't be renewing - and would have brought my twins who will be 5 by next season. Future generation gone too.

M
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:08 - Mar 18 with 1833 viewsIllinoisblue

You should delete point 3 as it's irrelevant.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:18 - Mar 18 with 1767 viewsmanningtreeblue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:08 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

Email already gone and probably being ignored! Maybe missing something but why is Point 3 irrelevant? Believe contributory in that supporters club too busy being in with the club rather than representing true supporters feelings & BBC Suffolk never ask the damning questions so they stay in with the club too. Perhaps a few home truths a while back would have stopped club getting to sorry mess that it is in now
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:19 - Mar 18 with 1761 viewsJ2BLUE

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:08 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

Disagree. Although it's not something under the club's control (we hope, unless Liz has been gagged and her place on the board threatened) it does highlight the feeling of disconnection and hopelessness that fans feel that they turn to a supporter's club who couldn't care less. I've defended Edwards from criticism that I have felt has been harsh in recent years but this is her time to stand up and represent fans. She will either do it wholeheartedly or confirm to us that she has sold out and doesn't represent us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:19 - Mar 18 with 1759 viewsPinewoodblue

If you had written something like that to David Sheepshsnk he, not someone on his behalf, would have been on the phone to you within 24 hours and invited you into the office for a one to one chat.

We, as a family, had a bad experience in relation to the UEFA cup game in Moscow. We had a phone call two hours before we were due to catch the coach from Portman Road saying the passports are back but the Russian Embassy failed to issue a visa for your youngest son so you will have to go without him.

Made a few calls, got contact number for MD of travel company and spoke to him, he was on a coach in Mosvow with the players. His advice was try and get your son into Russia without a Visa.

In frustration sent an email to DS c/o Torpedo Moscow, he was onthe phone to us within the hour full of apologies and made full refund even though he never got any money back from the Trwvel Company. Don't think we will ever find another Chairman like that.

Make sure to let us all know what response you receive.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:20 - Mar 18 with 1730 viewsIllinoisblue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:18 - Mar 18 by manningtreeblue

Email already gone and probably being ignored! Maybe missing something but why is Point 3 irrelevant? Believe contributory in that supporters club too busy being in with the club rather than representing true supporters feelings & BBC Suffolk never ask the damning questions so they stay in with the club too. Perhaps a few home truths a while back would have stopped club getting to sorry mess that it is in now

Having a dig at things Milne has no control over (Radio Suffolk and the Supporters Club) detract from your other points. Rest of it is good though, hope you get a meaningful reply.

62 - 78 - 81

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 1713 viewsmanningtreeblue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:19 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

If you had written something like that to David Sheepshsnk he, not someone on his behalf, would have been on the phone to you within 24 hours and invited you into the office for a one to one chat.

We, as a family, had a bad experience in relation to the UEFA cup game in Moscow. We had a phone call two hours before we were due to catch the coach from Portman Road saying the passports are back but the Russian Embassy failed to issue a visa for your youngest son so you will have to go without him.

Made a few calls, got contact number for MD of travel company and spoke to him, he was on a coach in Mosvow with the players. His advice was try and get your son into Russia without a Visa.

In frustration sent an email to DS c/o Torpedo Moscow, he was onthe phone to us within the hour full of apologies and made full refund even though he never got any money back from the Trwvel Company. Don't think we will ever find another Chairman like that.

Make sure to let us all know what response you receive.

Great point. Folk have criticised Sheepshanks, but it would never have got to a them and us Club v Supporters that it is nowadays. He made mistakes but biggest one apart from selling out to Evans was getting over excited & buying some poor foreign players for too much year after we finished 5th. Let's not forget David was a supporter and knew what the club meant to us even if he didn't always get it right
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:27 - Mar 18 with 1666 viewsPinewoodblue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:20 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

Having a dig at things Milne has no control over (Radio Suffolk and the Supporters Club) detract from your other points. Rest of it is good though, hope you get a meaningful reply.

Point 3 illustrates the OP's frustrations so is worthy of inclusion.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:27 - Mar 18 with 1666 viewshampstead_blue

Thank-you for sharing this.

I think the club will reply by telling us that the owner loses money year on year and that transfer funds have been re-invested (in ways which are not totally transparent).

I too am not renewing. My reasons are that I am moving to Wiltshire and my other commitments have grown.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 1639 viewsstrikalite

Unfortunately after the first sentence his secretary would click delete...

Sad reading but the truth hurts...
My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:38 - Mar 18 with 1588 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:29 - Mar 18 by strikalite

Agree

There's about as much chance of him seeing this as their is of me seeing promotion under Evans

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:48 - Mar 18 with 1510 viewsMJallday

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:29 - Mar 18 by strikalite

i had typed a long reply but basically this sums it up

the 1st sentance comes accross as disrepectful - so i think youll get a nonsencial answer

you should never write an emotional email if you want a good responce.

fwiw - i do get where the OP is coming from.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:50 - Mar 18 with 1482 viewsIllinoisblue

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:27 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

disagree. think it's unnecessary and misplaced.

62 - 78 - 81

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 1446 viewsBenters

Lovely stuff.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 1434 viewsMJallday

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 11:27 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

its irrelevant as its outside the clubs control. it only highlights that the OP is annoyed and detracts from the points hes actually trying to make.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

My Email to The Club (Ready to be shot down in flames!) on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 1416 viewsRyorry

Unless you already know him (which might be poss from what you say), you should have addressed him as "Mr Milne", and you should probably have referred to ME by his name, rather than "the invisible man", in order to get them listening and on side.

Other than that, excellent email. I'd back it up with a hard copy signed, addressed to both Milne & ME, & sent through the post in case the email has been deleted!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024