Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation third spot on current form... 21:23 - Mar 18 with 1781 viewsKeaneish

...is us. Is the 5 point cushion going to be enough? Can we scrape another two wins and a draw to get to the 52 point mark? What a joke this is even conversation.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/form-guide.html

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:28 - Mar 18 with 1743 viewsartsbossbeard

Two very winnable home games next.

I'll be bedwetting then if the results don't go our way. Otherwise, it's Rotherham, Wigan (one of the two games) and Burton/Blackburn.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:29 - Mar 18 with 1732 viewsblueconscience

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:28 - Mar 18 by artsbossbeard

I'll be bedwetting then if the results don't go our way. Otherwise, it's Rotherham, Wigan (one of the two games) and Burton/Blackburn.

No games are "very winnable" playing negatively like we do.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:32 - Mar 18 with 1713 viewsartsbossbeard

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:29 - Mar 18 by blueconscience

No games are "very winnable" playing negatively like we do.

I'm going to wait to see what happens and then meltdown on here.

Hope that's acceptable?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:35 - Mar 18 with 1702 viewspointofblue

Interesting who we have left to play - Birmingham (19th in form table), Wigan (21st), Burton (15th), Newcastle (13th), Rotherham (24th), Sheffield Wednesday (22nd) and Nottingham Forest (18th).

The only team in the top half is Fulham - just (12th). Bar them and the Magpies we're within two points of every other side form wise, and five ahead of Rotherham. We do not have the most difficult of run ins but will we make it count?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 1668 viewsKeaneish

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:28 - Mar 18 by artsbossbeard

That Birmingham game is crucial. Lose that and any belief that's left in the side will drain away and we'll be fooked even if we have Wigan at home.

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:44 - Mar 18 with 1635 viewsTaricco_Fan

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:35 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

Interesting who we have left to play - Birmingham (19th in form table), Wigan (21st), Burton (15th), Newcastle (13th), Rotherham (24th), Sheffield Wednesday (22nd) and Nottingham Forest (18th).

The only team in the top half is Fulham - just (12th). Bar them and the Magpies we're within two points of every other side form wise, and five ahead of Rotherham. We do not have the most difficult of run ins but will we make it count?

Every one of those teams will look at us as a winnable game on current form.
Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:46 - Mar 18 with 1609 viewspointofblue

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:44 - Mar 18 by Taricco_Fan

Every one of those teams will look at us as a winnable game on current form.

Very true but it should work both ways. Form wise, points wise, we're not that far off any of them except for Fulham and Newcastle - Burton are only two points ahead and the rest are closer. It's not as though we're playing sides who are stringing together win after win.

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:48 - Mar 18 with 1601 viewsTaricco_Fan

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:46 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

Very true but it should work both ways. Form wise, points wise, we're not that far off any of them except for Fulham and Newcastle - Burton are only two points ahead and the rest are closer. It's not as though we're playing sides who are stringing together win after win.

They can score goals, however.
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:49 - Mar 18 with 1588 viewsRegencyBlue

The worrying thing is how our 9 point advantage of two weeks ago has reduced to 5. Keep that up and we are in real trouble!

I guess the real question is whether the team is up for the scrap that is a relegation fight. The next two games will tell!!
Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:52 - Mar 18 with 1571 viewspointofblue

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:48 - Mar 18 by Taricco_Fan

They can score goals, however.

Bar Wolves we've scored in every game in February and March. We've only scored more than once in one of those matches and this is the issue.

As much as I hate to say it we need to make ourselves tough to beat again. Grab a goal and hold out defensively. We're not going to suddenly start scoring for fun so we need to become horrible to play against - we certainly were in our tough matches across February but March has been dreadful.

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:57 - Mar 18 with 1554 viewsTaricco_Fan

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:52 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

Bar Wolves we've scored in every game in February and March. We've only scored more than once in one of those matches and this is the issue.

As much as I hate to say it we need to make ourselves tough to beat again. Grab a goal and hold out defensively. We're not going to suddenly start scoring for fun so we need to become horrible to play against - we certainly were in our tough matches across February but March has been dreadful.

With our soft defence, we need to be able to score more than a goal a game to get a draw.
Relegation third spot on current form... on 22:02 - Mar 18 with 1518 viewspointofblue

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:57 - Mar 18 by Taricco_Fan

With our soft defence, we need to be able to score more than a goal a game to get a draw.

Other than today we've done nothing but draw for the last eight weeks.

Relegation third spot on current form... on 22:31 - Mar 18 with 1429 viewsbournemouthblue

Relegation third spot on current form... on 21:52 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

Our decline came when MM decided Diagouraga and Skuse would be a good combination

We have also seen Smith being phased back in and Knudsen being moved out

Teams have worked our McGoldrick and Lawrence also, if you get physical with Lawrence he tends to run out of ideas

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Relegation third spot on current form... on 23:10 - Mar 18 with 1349 viewsKeaneish

Relegation third spot on current form... on 22:31 - Mar 18 by bournemouthblue

Our decline came when MM decided Diagouraga and Skuse would be a good combination

We have also seen Smith being phased back in and Knudsen being moved out

Teams have worked our McGoldrick and Lawrence also, if you get physical with Lawrence he tends to run out of ideas

Agreed. It's unbelievable that Skuse and Diagouraga have been paired together. It's bordering on incompetence given how our fortunes started to turn with Skuse out the side and playing with just Diagouraga in the side. Makes me mad to see the same mistakes made over and over again. MM has become an embarrassment and a lauging stock.

He's deluded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024