Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here is their response to my email about 60-65 price rise 21:26 - Mar 20 with 7311 viewsbluejacko

My letter;

FAO Mr Milne,

So this is the result of your much vaunted season ticket review. I must say that my first reaction was, what genius thought this up?, however on reflection that reaction has turned to anger.

I fail to see how you can attract ANY new customers with a price rise and at the same time driving away fans who are actually on the brink of giving up their season tickets after many years.

As for the concessions age going up, you are punishing fans who due to their age have been season ticket holders in most cases 30 years or more. Is this our reward for sticking with the club and introducing our children and grand children to this once great club?.

If you force supporters like us away, not only will you lose our custom, but also those we bring with us.

For the first time, I really don’t know whether or not I will renew my season ticket and will wait and see if common sense will prevail over this matter. You are risking losing a lot more in revenue than you will ever get by new sales if the number of current season ticket holders who I know and who are undecided on whether or not to renew for next season, decide not to renew due to the price rise and the quality of football on show.

I hope you will reply to this letter with any thing other than a standard brush off!

Yours from a VERY disgruntled fan,

The Response;

Dear Mr Jackson

Thank you for your email, we appreciate all your views and opinions. I can assure you that the views of the fans are important to the Club and are taken into account when we reach important decisions.

The Club were one of the last - if not the last - to switch to producing a new home and away shirt every year rather than every two years. Likewise, Town are also one of the few clubs that has operated a senior citizen band at 60. The decision has been taking this season to increase the concession age category to 65. The qualifying date used by the Club for price bands is August 10, 2017. So if you are aged between 23, and 64 on that date, you will pay an adult price. If you are 65 and above on August 10, you will pay the senior concession price. If you are currently paying a senior concession prices for a season ticket but will be 64 or younger on August 10th, your season ticket for 2017/18 will need to change to an adult ticket. However, the increased cost will be subsidised by 50 per cent. The supporters who fall into this bracket will be contacted directly by the Club.

There is never a good time to increase prices or make pricing adjustments. It is coincidental, that the Club continues to have a difficult time on the field at the same time as it has to consider how to fund next year’s budget.

The facts are the Club’s playing squad spend for the past 3 seasons have continued to rise — 3 seasons ago playing squad spend went up by 17% on the prior season — two seasons ago 7% - and this season it went up a further 8%. Playing squad, coaches & academy costs as a percentage of turnover is now running at 91%. I am pleased to say that all non playing squad costs remained static by saving costs and efficiencies.

To expect the owner to not raise ticket prices when he continues to support an ever increasing playing squad spend is not reasonable. He has set out a clear strategy which is to have careful management of the Club’s annual budget and where that budget is spent along with how the Club is to raise revenue to meet its investment priorities of focusing on the Academy; having a competitive wage structure and careful use of our transfer budget on developing players.

It is regrettable to have the raise prices and the Club has no desire to do so but we have to face economic reality of running a financially sustainable Club if it is going to survive. The owner is doing his bit with the increasing costs and we need the fans to help.

I respect your decision with regards to your view to cancelling your season ticket, but I hope that if you do we will do sufficient on the pitch next season to encourage you once again to commit to returning as a season ticket holder in the near future.

Everyone here at the Club wants nothing more than to see the Club success. We are confident that with continued support of our fans through this difficult period we can realise this ambition.

Thank you for your continued support at this challenging time.

Total nonsense, but what else was I to expect.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 22:20]
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:33 - Mar 20 with 4324 viewsSteve_M

Good of him to respond to your point about changing the kits.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:37 - Mar 20 with 4289 viewsjas0999

The owner set out a clear strategy?
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:45 - Mar 20 with 4220 viewsSWGF

And, unsurprisingly, huge swathes are the same as the response some chap on Twitter got in regards to his letter/email about his child's increase.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 4200 viewsblueconscience

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:37 - Mar 20 by jas0999

The owner set out a clear strategy?

Must have been a strategy to destroy the club?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:47 - Mar 20 with 4195 viewsReuser_is_God

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:33 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

I don't like the 'others are doing it, therefore so are we' fob off.

How about giving our manager a proper playing budget like others do too?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 4145 viewsnorth_stand77

Hmmmmm.
I have written a letter today too. See if I get the same proforma in reply.
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:53 - Mar 20 with 4138 viewsjeera

Credit to you for trying to reason your point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:53 - Mar 20 with 4129 viewsblueconscience

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:52 - Mar 20 by north_stand77

Hmmmmm.
I have written a letter today too. See if I get the same proforma in reply.

Please post their response to your letter into this thread so we can compare.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:58 - Mar 20 with 4085 viewsJ2BLUE

Was that reply written by a 15 year old on work experience? Truly terrible reply.

My personal highlight was:

'To expect the owner to not raise ticket prices when he continues to support an ever increasing playing squad spend is not reasonable. He has set out a clear strategy'

Really badly worded. As for his strategy the clearest thing about it is that it's not going to work. He's a failed gambler trying to win back the thousands he has wasted with a 10,000/1 accumulator each week. Total rubbish from the club to stick to the story in the face of all evidence. They are taking supporters for mugs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:05 - Mar 20 with 4030 viewsBluedanW

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:33 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

"We were one of the last to follow suit"
But you still did, much more creditable to be the club that continued to not rip off its fans with 2 new shirts a season and increasing the prices for children and the elderly.
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:10 - Mar 20 with 3976 viewsnorth_stand77

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:53 - Mar 20 by blueconscience

Please post their response to your letter into this thread so we can compare.

Yes I will. I thought that by sending a hand written letter, they may have to reply other than sending me a standard email. We shall see.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 22:14]
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:11 - Mar 20 with 3976 viewsbritbiker

I can partly understand the owner wanting to cover increasing costs, however, pushing people who are very close to the edge is stupid. It won't take many over 60"s to give up which will completely wipe out any minor gain from the increases. Surely phasing the increase for over 60's in by small amounts over a five year period would have been more acceptable . I'm under 55 and was 100% going to renew, now I'm only 60/40 as I feel like it is them v us now. Things should never have got to this state.
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:14 - Mar 20 with 3913 viewsfactual_blue

On the basis of the figures Milne uses to buttress his argument there's no need to raise prices as costs are only 91% of turnover.

And why not protect the 800 ST holders from the age band change by keeping their tickets at the current level on an individual basis until they reach 65? The cost would be minimal and would have prevented the PR disaster the club has created.

Stuart Watson during the EADT webchat said he wouldn't rule out a U-turn.

Facters ain't for turning - I'm out until there's regime change.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 3890 viewsjeera

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 21:58 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

Was that reply written by a 15 year old on work experience? Truly terrible reply.

My personal highlight was:

'To expect the owner to not raise ticket prices when he continues to support an ever increasing playing squad spend is not reasonable. He has set out a clear strategy'

Really badly worded. As for his strategy the clearest thing about it is that it's not going to work. He's a failed gambler trying to win back the thousands he has wasted with a 10,000/1 accumulator each week. Total rubbish from the club to stick to the story in the face of all evidence. They are taking supporters for mugs.

It is poor, you're right. You'd think they'd be prepared for some kind of backlash and at least have some kind of professional response prepared.

They can't even be bothered to patronise properly.

Seems you're not the only one to hate your customers!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:19 - Mar 20 with 3845 viewsPlums

What a bizarre, stock reply.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:20 - Mar 20 with 3843 viewsGuthrum

One of the worst aspects to this is that the sums which will be raised by the increases are quite small in the grand scheme of Championship football club finances - and quite probably more than wiped out by the number of aggrieved ST holders who will not be renewing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:21 - Mar 20 with 3806 viewsgreyhound

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:11 - Mar 20 by britbiker

I can partly understand the owner wanting to cover increasing costs, however, pushing people who are very close to the edge is stupid. It won't take many over 60"s to give up which will completely wipe out any minor gain from the increases. Surely phasing the increase for over 60's in by small amounts over a five year period would have been more acceptable . I'm under 55 and was 100% going to renew, now I'm only 60/40 as I feel like it is them v us now. Things should never have got to this state.

My issue sits with the fact that the reply is almost demanding the support of fans to get success on the pitch. The problem is the email is in response to club action that will drive the fans away. We're missing benchmarks as a team however as supporters we still have to foot the rising bill.

To be honest the 1.5 percentage increase will make no dent in the numbers he states, while the afterthought of the 50 percent support for concession to adult price rises is an enormous back peddling exercise by the club where they realise they have majorly messed up.

I hope the op is responding to that club email tondrive a non profit man type response out of the club.

The state of the club is typified where there is general acceptance that the ticket won't be renewed at the end of the response. Surely a paragraph such as "I hope my detailed reasonings and explanations as to why we have had to change our pricing structure at this time have become clear and understandable. We value your continued support of the club and hope that this response will go some way towards us maintaining your much valued custom as a season ticket holder as we look to strive for every success in the upcoming season."

Well done to all those that have voiced there opinions.
Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:22 - Mar 20 with 3792 viewsfactual_blue

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:10 - Mar 20 by north_stand77

Yes I will. I thought that by sending a hand written letter, they may have to reply other than sending me a standard email. We shall see.

That doesn't mean the text content will be any different........

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:23 - Mar 20 with 3789 viewsnorth_stand77

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:11 - Mar 20 by britbiker

I'm like you, i have always renewed but I feel upset at the way the club have gone about this whole ticketing issue. ITFC do not HAVE to follow SOME other clubs regarding 60 - 65, it's just an excuse.
Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:25 - Mar 20 with 3759 viewsfactual_blue

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:20 - Mar 20 by Guthrum

One of the worst aspects to this is that the sums which will be raised by the increases are quite small in the grand scheme of Championship football club finances - and quite probably more than wiped out by the number of aggrieved ST holders who will not be renewing.

Quite for every 60-64 year old who drops out, the club needs to sell about eight new £50 STs.

Good luck with that.

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:28 - Mar 20 with 3696 viewsfactual_blue

Reply to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:05 - Mar 20 by BluedanW

"We were one of the last to follow suit"
But you still did, much more creditable to be the club that continued to not rip off its fans with 2 new shirts a season and increasing the prices for children and the elderly.

I'd be tempted to point out that 65 is no longer state pension age.....

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:36 - Mar 20 with 3652 viewsGuthrum

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:25 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

Quite for every 60-64 year old who drops out, the club needs to sell about eight new £50 STs.

Good luck with that.

How many family members and mates will be tipped into non-renewal for each person caught in this situation?

Grandad facing full price no longer able to take his (now five times more expensive) grandson - we've lost a future supporter as well as a current one.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:37 - Mar 20 with 3634 viewsPinewoodblue

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:20 - Mar 20 by Guthrum

Just winning a cup gsme now and again would bringing in just as much. Playing attractive football would no doubt lead to more televised gsmes and bring in a lot more.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:47 - Mar 20 with 3569 viewsfactual_blue

Here is Their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:36 - Mar 20 by Guthrum

How many family members and mates will be tipped into non-renewal for each person caught in this situation?

Grandad facing full price no longer able to take his (now five times more expensive) grandson - we've lost a future supporter as well as a current one.

If the problem was people abusing the £10 ticket, it would have been easy to deal with those individuals, ie refuse to sell them a £10. They'd be the tenner tickets that don't get used. Weren't all those individuals given the opportunity to mice recently? So the club knows who they are.

It's the sloppy thinking that disappoints most.

Here is their response to my email about 60-65 price rise on 22:53 - Mar 20 with 3531 viewsFtnfwest

When it comes down to it the supporters are being openly taken for granted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024