Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funge's email to club 20:25 - Mar 21 with 12717 viewsAdmiralFunge

Read it if you want. Rip it to bits, too. I'm pretty easy.

Dear Mr Milne

I regret to advise that after almost 20 years as an ITFC season-ticket holder, I shall not be renewing next year.

I have some sympathy with the state of current football, and, indeed, the ever-increasing sums that Mr Evans would have to spend to render our club competitive within this league - however, this sympathy, and any inherent goodwill that might be garnered as a result of said, is significantly outweighed by the utter pigs-ear you've made of this year's Season Ticket renewal.

Putting prices up 500% for kids, removing any mature student concessions (in a town with one of the highest mature student populations in England), removing the 60-year old OAP concessions - you appear to be on a mission to remove the old fanbase, destroy the new fanbase, and take away any interest from a sizeable passive population in a small provincial town, where, to be frank, there is very little else to do on a Saturday afternoon (I love my town, but it's pretty crap).

And this is before we even factor in the remarkable 5% discount offer, which appears to been calculated on the basis that all existing Season Ticket holders will 'double up' next year (how on earth did this particular idea make it off the 'brain-storming' whiteboard?)

You've got this so, so wrong - and, to my great sadness, you will shortly realise just how wrong you've got it.

I sit in a part of the North Stand, surrounded by the same people I've been with for the last 20 years. These are people who have become friends of mine, simply through ITFC. We talk about our dysfunctional families, drizzle, the ever-awful trains into London - but, always, and most regularly, ITFC.

Even within the last 15 years, these are people who have put up with administration under Sheepshanks, no money under Magilton, the contempt shown to everyone associated with ITFC by the Royston Keane's Official Travelling Circus, the ineptitude of Paul Jewell, the brown paper envelopes grasped by Michael Chopra, and who, by and large, have been supportive of Mick McCarthy, who, in spite of the various clowns who preceded him, appears to be a genuinely good man (despite some truly medieval football at times over the last 2 years).

These are people who watch ITFC because, like me, we've been watching too long to really know any better, or different.

These people, like me, have had enough. We see this club, drifting without direction or purpose. I can take mediocrity. I can take poor team selection. I can even take having to leave my seat 10 minutes before half-time, to guarantee getting a pint of warm cider in a cracked plastic cup before the 2nd half starts (as an aside, think how much more beer you'd sell if you employed even 4 extra people at half-time in the North Stand) - anyway, all of this is really just background noise, as long as I know that the fans, the team and the board are all looking roughly in the same direction.

Alas, we've reached the point, in my opinion, where you're not looking in the same direction as us. You're taking my loyalty for granted, and, to my pain, I'm not having it any more; neither are a lot of my friends in the North Stand. Incredibly, despite all of the guff we've put up, we've finally reached a tipping point.

You're a busy man, and so, because I think you'll skim-read this at best, allow me to summarise.

You're getting this all wrong. All of it.

I await your reply with interest. If you're going to send me the same generic reply as my peers on TWTD, please take the bit about the shirts out.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Admiral
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 20:25]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Funge's email to club on 10:38 - Mar 22 with 2675 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Funge's email to club on 10:24 - Mar 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The term is 'Mind Mapping' as it seems 'Brain storming' can be considered offensive..

Very well put and I can't help thinking that in a couple of months time there will be a meeting somewhere where there will be a lot of shifting in seats and uncomfortable looks as the board are forced to deal with the situation of only shifting 6,000 season tickets and facing a substantial hole in the budget.

The reaction to that from the powers that be will be when it gets very interesting

the upper tiers of the north and south stand will be closed next season- if it gets down to 6k - which is possible - with the 800 lap offended and the £10 bag seats

fire sale coming too.
Funge's email to club on 12:49 - Mar 23 with 2507 viewsBenters

Have you had a reply yet Admiral ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Funge's email to club on 12:55 - Mar 23 with 2482 viewsPinewoodblue

Funge's email to club on 10:38 - Mar 22 by BtreeBlueBlood

the upper tiers of the north and south stand will be closed next season- if it gets down to 6k - which is possible - with the 800 lap offended and the £10 bag seats

fire sale coming too.

People pay more in the upper tiers, if they closed anywhere it would be the cheaper seats,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Funge's email to club on 13:24 - Mar 23 with 2428 viewsmonytowbray

Funge's email to club on 21:36 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

I think it is a momentous cock-up and one so bad it deserves whoever came up with it to be sacked.

Someone presented this to Evans as an idea and he was stupid/ignorant enough to ratify it.

I've tweeted link/image of your letter as it required a wider non-TWTD audience too. The club need to respond and try and salvage something from this mess.

And on our disagreements, i don't hold a grudge and to be honest i have no idea why we fell out anyway! COYB and all that...

There are so many things I wish I could say to this but I can't. Could get someone into trouble.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Funge's email to club on 13:24 - Mar 23 with 2428 viewsBenters

Funge's email to club on 12:55 - Mar 23 by Pinewoodblue

People pay more in the upper tiers, if they closed anywhere it would be the cheaper seats,

Thats a very good point .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Funge's email to club on 14:00 - Mar 23 with 2379 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha top work, love it

I mean it's a shame that no one that matters will actually read it, but I enjoyed it...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Funge's email to club on 14:18 - Mar 23 with 2340 viewsAdmiralFunge

For those who've asked, I've haven't had a reply from ITFC; not that I was particularly expecting one.

Cheers

Funge's email to club on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 2327 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Funge's email to club on 14:18 - Mar 23 by AdmiralFunge

For those who've asked, I've haven't had a reply from ITFC; not that I was particularly expecting one.

Cheers

I don't know what would p1ss me off more if I was you, getting a stock answer or getting ignored.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Funge's email to club on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 2316 viewsbluewein

Funge's email to club on 14:18 - Mar 23 by AdmiralFunge

Cheers

Translated = "I never sent it and was fishing for arrows."

Unrelated note, did you see Underworld last Friday? Any good?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Funge's email to club on 14:22 - Mar 23 with 2321 viewsAdmiralFunge

Funge's email to club on 14:00 - Mar 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha top work, love it

I mean it's a shame that no one that matters will actually read it, but I enjoyed it...

Heh, ain't that the truth.

I had a stupidly heavy night last Friday with a TWTD institution (not MarcFowler, sadly, but almost as good).

The resultant comedown has seen me at my most creative since GCSE English.

Funge's email to club on 14:32 - Mar 23 with 2276 viewsvapour_trail

Funge's email to club on 14:21 - Mar 23 by bluewein

Epic.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Funge's email to club on 14:39 - Mar 23 with 2254 viewsAdmiralFunge

Funge's email to club on 14:21 - Mar 23 by bluewein

Yeah dude, they were sensational

Funge's email to club on 14:42 - Mar 23 with 2241 viewsbluewein

Funge's email to club on 14:32 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

Epic.

Then I dislike my place of work for not letting me get an hour off on Friday when Fungers offered the ticket out.

Funge's email to club on 15:01 - Mar 23 with 2191 viewsvapour_trail

Funge's email to club on 14:42 - Mar 23 by bluewein

Then I dislike my place of work for not letting me get an hour off on Friday when Fungers offered the ticket out.

Bad times.

They really nailed it. Mental that it's a pair of 60 year old blokes up there. Two months off was a personal highlight. Have been listening to them all week since.

Not sure any of this helps.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Funge's email to club on 15:09 - Mar 23 with 2165 viewsbluewein

Funge's email to club on 15:01 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

Bad times.

They really nailed it. Mental that it's a pair of 60 year old blokes up there. Two months off was a personal highlight. Have been listening to them all week since.

Not sure any of this helps.

Nice work.

It's not helping at all. The only comfort I have is that I'm off to see Leftfield in Brizzle in a few weeks.

"Scenes" as Rommers would say.

Funge's email to club on 15:19 - Mar 23 with 2142 viewsSwansea_Blue

Uppied. Top letter that - puts across what the club means to people very well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Funge's email to club on 20:36 - Jul 27 with 1768 viewsSitfcB

What a waste of time

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Funge's email to club on 20:41 - Jul 27 with 1750 viewsAdmiralFunge

Funge's email to club on 20:36 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

What a waste of time

Haha! I got to take that.

In mitigation, I stand by that email (almost every part of it), and I honestly thought I'd cancelled the DD. I was on the verge of binning the letter from the club today, too - that really would have been a huge 'fck you'; protesting against the club by paying for an ST, and not going to any games...

Funge's email to club on 20:49 - Jul 27 with 1730 viewsSitfcB

Funge's email to club on 20:41 - Jul 27 by AdmiralFunge

Haha! I got to take that.

In mitigation, I stand by that email (almost every part of it), and I honestly thought I'd cancelled the DD. I was on the verge of binning the letter from the club today, too - that really would have been a huge 'fck you'; protesting against the club by paying for an ST, and not going to any games...

But, with the season a week away, do you not feel that you're looking forward to it now and ready go through it all again?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Funge's email to club on 21:18 - Jul 27 with 1683 viewsAdmiralFunge

Funge's email to club on 20:49 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

But, with the season a week away, do you not feel that you're looking forward to it now and ready go through it all again?

Nah, not really.

Looking forward to the drinks with the usual suspects though, and we might do the pricks from the the road this year. That'd be good.

Funge's email to club on 21:21 - Jul 27 with 1676 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Funge's email to club on 21:18 - Jul 27 by AdmiralFunge

Nah, not really.

Looking forward to the drinks with the usual suspects though, and we might do the pricks from the the road this year. That'd be good.

I have little belief in us making the playoffs or getting promotion this year.

But I do think that it will be much better than last year.

And our first 6 games are winnable and if we start well...

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024