Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maintenance Portman Road 13:22 - Mar 22 with 8634 viewsMoulton

It appears that the general consensus on here is that Portman Road looks delapidated and reflects badly on ITFC.
Maybe our belligerent owner is making a stand against the landlord, Ipswich BC? Not so long ago he was forced to increase the rental payments, including arrears. This would have irritated him, as does the ongoing saga with police payments. I believe money rules his mindset with no room for goodwill or fairness.
Is this an opportune moment for the landlord to put pressure on him to maintain the property to the state it was at the start of his tenancy? Or is the cost of maintenance down to the landlord ( highly unlikely.). Either way Ipswich Council are ideally placed, being next to the ground, to carry out regular inspections of their property. Maybe they could send a letter to ME informing him of his responsibilities.
Would Evans be concerned or shamed if photos were published in the media, preferably with his name visible, showing the deterioration of the stadium? Probably not, but worth a punt to highlight the fact that he couldn't care less.
Maintenance Portman Road on 13:27 - Mar 22 with 5465 viewsSteve_M

It's nothing so complicated as that, the ME approach has been to cut costs everywhere but the first team - and it really does show now. I think we'll see first team costs cut drastically from now onwards too.

That the approach to the North Stand end of the ground is dominated by a roof that has needed cleaning for years is symbolic of the whole, shabby nature of the ground these days. The ground, perhaps the entire club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:29 - Mar 22 with 5430 viewscarlisleaway

Look at the state of the old ticket offices, plants growing out of the roof as you enter the pitch, top of the Bobby Robson Stand needs cleaning as do the Statues of Sir Bobby and Sir Alf.....sure there is more untidy areas.

Oh I forgot that is where the increase in ticket sales money will be put to use !!!!!
Maintenance Portman Road on 13:33 - Mar 22 with 5377 viewsReuser_is_God

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:27 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

It's nothing so complicated as that, the ME approach has been to cut costs everywhere but the first team - and it really does show now. I think we'll see first team costs cut drastically from now onwards too.

That the approach to the North Stand end of the ground is dominated by a roof that has needed cleaning for years is symbolic of the whole, shabby nature of the ground these days. The ground, perhaps the entire club.

I'd be astounded if the council haven't instructed ITFC to do something about it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:35 - Mar 22 with 5363 viewsSuperfrans

Perhaps he is aware that the last time a chief executive decided the turnstiles needed a lick of paint, that ceo was ridiculed for it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:39 - Mar 22 with 5316 viewshype313

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:35 - Mar 22 by Superfrans

Perhaps he is aware that the last time a chief executive decided the turnstiles needed a lick of paint, that ceo was ridiculed for it.

Clegg in?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:41 - Mar 22 with 5301 viewsSteve_M

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:39 - Mar 22 by hype313

Clegg in?

Milne will be remembered as the man that couldn't even manage to pain the turnstiles.

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:44 - Mar 22 with 5296 viewsPhilTWTD

The stadium doesn't belong to IBC, the land that it's on does. Things like stadium maintenance - except where very necessary - are things which have been put on the back burner since relegation on the list of to-dos after promotion. Obviously the longer time has gone on the more this is noticeable.

And as pointed out below, they've got stick when they've spent money on that sort of thing rather than players in the past!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Maintenance Portman Road on 14:14 - Mar 22 with 5166 viewsWoodsFriesRice

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:41 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

Milne will be remembered as the man that couldn't even manage to pain the turnstiles.

ah, the power of the typo! :-)

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Login to get fewer ads

Maintenance Portman Road on 14:16 - Mar 22 with 5150 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I assumed that's the job for which Jonathan Douglas was brought in.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 14:18]

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:28 - Mar 22 with 4991 viewsBanburyBlue

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:44 - Mar 22 by PhilTWTD

The stadium doesn't belong to IBC, the land that it's on does. Things like stadium maintenance - except where very necessary - are things which have been put on the back burner since relegation on the list of to-dos after promotion. Obviously the longer time has gone on the more this is noticeable.

And as pointed out below, they've got stick when they've spent money on that sort of thing rather than players in the past!

Still no excuse for leaving mould and moss on SBR's picture on planet blue as I have said before, a decent window cleaner could do that job!!

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:18 - Mar 22 with 4893 viewsBackToRussia

Fans should take pressure washers down and buckets and sponges down to PR and start washing the statues of Sir Bob and Sir Alf and getting the surfaces clean. It'd be great.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:25 - Mar 22 with 4881 viewsgood_at_COD

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:18 - Mar 22 by BackToRussia

Fans should take pressure washers down and buckets and sponges down to PR and start washing the statues of Sir Bob and Sir Alf and getting the surfaces clean. It'd be great.

Excellent idea but don't forget to alert the media and when it is reported it will heap further embarrassment on Evans.

Giggsy

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:30 - Mar 22 with 4862 viewstaximan

evans is spending money on neither !!

defending the indefensible ??
Maintenance Portman Road on 18:35 - Mar 22 with 4853 viewsBackToRussia

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:25 - Mar 22 by good_at_COD

Excellent idea but don't forget to alert the media and when it is reported it will heap further embarrassment on Evans.

Definitely, get it all over Twitter and wherever else and show him right up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Maintenance Portman Road on 19:28 - Mar 22 with 4745 viewsoldbluey

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:29 - Mar 22 by carlisleaway

Look at the state of the old ticket offices, plants growing out of the roof as you enter the pitch, top of the Bobby Robson Stand needs cleaning as do the Statues of Sir Bobby and Sir Alf.....sure there is more untidy areas.

Oh I forgot that is where the increase in ticket sales money will be put to use !!!!!

The woodwork on the old ticket offices is rotting away and the whole building is dilapidated and insecure. That must surely pose a security risk ( easy to break into the stadium ) as well as being an eyesore.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

Maintenance Portman Road on 20:11 - Mar 22 with 4653 viewsScuzzer

There are actually two bushes growing from the gutters on the top of the sir Alf Ramsey.

Established 1968

Maintenance Portman Road on 20:25 - Mar 22 with 4609 viewsstonojnr

tbf stick only from people who had nothing better to moan about.

and even if IBC did have a view on the state of the ground, a quick look around town County Hall, Tolly Cobbold brewery falling in the orwell, Wolsey gate...yeah maintenance and upkeep isnt really their thing either.
Maintenance Portman Road on 20:47 - Mar 22 with 4547 viewsClapham_Junction

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:18 - Mar 22 by BackToRussia

I think this could be a far more effective way of protesting than a march from the station.
Maintenance Portman Road on 00:25 - Mar 23 with 4332 viewsRyorry

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:27 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

What gets me is that it's such a false economy, and ultimately reflects very badly on ME and his empire - particularly since his name is emblazoned across the shirts of those playing inside the stadium!

That he doesn't get this very fundamental point about public relations (think of it from the point of a potential new customer who's never had anything to do with either football or ME's hospitality business before, and is seeing the stadium for the first time - first impressions etc) makes me seriously doubt his competence to run any business right now, no matter what he's done in the past.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Maintenance Portman Road on 01:24 - Mar 23 with 4271 viewsHARRY10

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:25 - Mar 22 by good_at_COD

I think the message should then go out

"somebodt cares about our club - US ! "

A bit of 'guerilla' gardening on a Sunday when no staff are about should work. And using only those who need to be there.. a crowd will attract attention.

Wear Pound shop high viz vests. You always look 'official'.

Take photos before and after

We need to win widespread support. not condemnation for stupid stunts.

And we need to kind of action that is news worthy. Unfortunately a bunch of overexited teenagers shouting outside the ground is not new.

Jetwash one half of each statue and sign each side ...

Fans who care... club that doesn't

Should make a telling photo

But please, whatever it is stay away from sentimentalist stuff that simply dwells on the past. The message should be it is us the fans who want to move forward, with our club.
Maintenance Portman Road on 07:26 - Mar 23 with 4126 viewsMoulton

So ME only rents the land from IBC with no conditions attached regarding the stadium. ME can therefore let the stadium get into a state of disrepair and become the eyesore that it is or even bulldoze it to the ground as long as he pays the land rental.
I appreciate there are conditions on what the land can be used for but yet again ME has us by the short and curlies thanks to IBC, who can watch it happen from their ivory tower.
Maintenance Portman Road on 07:30 - Mar 23 with 4113 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 19:28 - Mar 22 by oldbluey

The woodwork on the old ticket offices is rotting away and the whole building is dilapidated and insecure. That must surely pose a security risk ( easy to break into the stadium ) as well as being an eyesore.

Who the feck would want to break into the stadium ? Most are leaving early, and i know two season ticket holders who have managed to escape at half time on a number of occasions.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:35 - Mar 23 with 4102 viewsSteve_M

Maintenance Portman Road on 14:14 - Mar 22 by WoodsFriesRice

ah, the power of the typo! :-)

I missed that yesterday, it works both ways.

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:40 - Mar 23 with 4082 viewsnoggin

If the statues need cleaning, someone should do it out of respect for 2 ITFC legends. Fcuk the club.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Maintenance Portman Road on 08:24 - Mar 23 with 4011 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:40 - Mar 23 by noggin

If the statues need cleaning, someone should do it out of respect for 2 ITFC legends. Fcuk the club.

Bucket of water a sponge and brush bit of fairy sorted .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024