Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The £10 Children's ST 13:40 - Mar 22 with 1233 viewssotd78

The club announced it was hiking the £10 seat to £50 but "giving" back most of the cost in Team Points. They are doing it, so they admit, because of the abuse by Season Ticket holders buying up spare seats. More than a year ago they threatened all the "adults" on the Lower Britannia terracing with a "forced" move. "The terrace is becoming full and we may soon have a waiting list for family tickets". The £50 move is, I think, part of the manoeuvering of position so that they can eventually enforce a move on the child-less adults left on that terracing.
For some of us we have been standing or sitting on that terrace for over fifty years; some of us started there with children - those children now adults. Last year in our little family group we had four adult tickets and three children's seats. Of those three junior seats none was occupied permanently - they were shared out between a 5, 8, 10 year old, an upgrade or two, and occasionally an adult friend whose ST is elsewhere. We bought shirts and hats and scarves, an occasional pie or pint and a hot drink. Next year we'll be down to three adults, no shirts, no hats and no future fans.
Can anyone tell me how the club understands its fan base and how we behave? There's about 26,000 "home" seats which will be over half empty. And yet the club has decided (amongst other things) to pursue a flawed policy on unused children's ST's
Add in the hike for the grandparents (not actually us) and it just seems madness. No other business trying to grow would do such disjointed marketing. - only ITFC.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

The £10 Children's ST on 14:22 - Mar 22 with 1086 viewsASAx

It's laughable.

Take where I sit. There are 5 seats to my left taken and to my right 4 of 5 are vacant.

In the row in front 7 of 10 seats are empty. Behind me 6 of 10 are empty. This is fairly representative of the entire block even on Saturdays when all the £10 kids are there.

I can understand if we were close to full how they may wish to move adults without kids or clamp down on £10 tickets where kids don't attend if these are deemed abuse. But when it's been half empty for 2-3 years it's quite ridiculous to target elderly fans or in the worst case an adult who has paid an extra £10 for a seat that would have sat vacant bringing in £10 less!
The £10 Children's ST on 14:41 - Mar 22 with 1035 viewsPhilTWTD

Having talked to the club a fair bit about the family enclosure issue last year I think they are appreciative of the situation with fans who have sat there for years but at the same time want to promote and build on the family enclosure in front of the FieldTurf with activities on there pre-match. Targeting those misusing the cheap kids seats for upgrades for big games etc was mentioned last year as they were concerned that they would have to start a waiting list for families.

I can see both sides of the argument, the club want to promote the family seats with other entertainment but people don't want to move from their usual seat and the people around them, it's part of their Portman Road 'traditions'.

Probably won't be an issue this year if the revised U11 now U12 'cashback' arrangement puts off families and season ticket holders in general don't renew, of course.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The £10 Children's ST on 14:44 - Mar 22 with 1001 viewsASAx

The £10 Children's ST on 14:41 - Mar 22 by PhilTWTD

Having talked to the club a fair bit about the family enclosure issue last year I think they are appreciative of the situation with fans who have sat there for years but at the same time want to promote and build on the family enclosure in front of the FieldTurf with activities on there pre-match. Targeting those misusing the cheap kids seats for upgrades for big games etc was mentioned last year as they were concerned that they would have to start a waiting list for families.

I can see both sides of the argument, the club want to promote the family seats with other entertainment but people don't want to move from their usual seat and the people around them, it's part of their Portman Road 'traditions'.

Probably won't be an issue this year if the revised U11 now U12 'cashback' arrangement puts off families and season ticket holders in general don't renew, of course.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If the club is concerned that they'll have to start any kind of waiting list they truly are deluded!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024